Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

According to some rants I found in Youtube, Anthem had troubled production as everyone can tell. We also have to expect the server slowdown in first week of its launch and full of bugs(typical Bioware). Let's not ignore that Electronic Arts behind all of this and so expect gacha-like lootboxes right after you log into the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It looks extremely generic to me it reminds when you watch a movie and they show some random guy playing a video game in the background and you can't quite make out what he is playing that is Anthem.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@lembu90:

What is with Anthem-

• Whether people like it or not, Biowares last game was Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that's not reassuring. While I've seen some debate it was a different side-developer. Credits overall beg to differ. Most who developed Andromeda are working on Anthem.
  • Bioware as a developer is known for making story heavy games with so-so gameplay and level design. Anthem is borrowing a lot from core focused games with depth. And not romance-conversation wheels. Bioware does not have the portfolio to optimistically back-up making a game with this kind of mechanical substance.
  • Is anyone trusting the inclusion of continuous free DLC mentioned at E3 'in a similar form to Monster Hunter' (lol EA free content?)
  • Anthem is a multiplayer game, not Biowares expertise to begin with.
  • For a theme (both music and character designs) it seems to want to be Marvels Iron Man; and that is rolling more eyes than impressing.
  • Expanding on point 3. Despite what PR have told the public, EA has proven for a longtime to be a lying company. Anthem comes across as a project entirely forced on Bioware/ by EA, in the attempt to make lootbox money. It will likely have heavy micro-transactions and lootboxes in a different name. Quality does not come across as the development goal, but a scam.

*If anyone is seemingly interested in Anthem? My advice is wait with caution. Even if one is a Bioware loyalist (which I know GD has, seeing as it's the only community I've seen heavily defend ME:A)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

EA itself doesn't rub me the wrong way, they have always been a hit or a miss for me personally. I been following Bioware for years ever since Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic debut, I enjoy most of their games, including Mass Effect series and if their was just "one" Bioware game that was a total letdown, it's Dragon Age: Inquisition.

As for Anthem, I'm not worry about the game at all. I'm an EA Origin member and I get to download the game for free (rent the game actually) with all DLC if there's gonna be any DLC and so yeah, I'm not all that worry and I'm following Anthem and EA/Bioware stated there's gonna be a Demo January 2019, so play the Demo and see if it's worth the buy.

I think Bioware is well aware they cannot flop Anthem, this is all or nothing for them as it is. The artstyle looks cool, better than Destiny, so I'm very interested playing Anthem.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I reckon it's going to get delayed, for sure.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I think the game is looking pretty awesome myself, very hyped for it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Idunno, SWTOR turned out pretty great.Yeah the server issues at first were bad, but they ironed them out.

Bugs are to be expected in large products; in online-only games, doubly so.

Holy shit, guys, calm the hell down. Game isn't even near release yet. It's a little early to be salty.

@lembu90 "according to youtube rants" WTF does that even mean?

@Archangel3371 said:

I think the game is looking pretty awesome myself, very hyped for it.

I wouldn't say I am hyped, but I am looking forward to it. Bioware isn't on my shitlist yet. I actually really enjoyed DA: Inquisition, and once you get over the fact that ME: Andromeda lacked the spirit of previous ME games, it was actually a pretty fun game.

I still play SWTOR, great game.

@davillain- said:

...better than Destiny...

That's my only requirement, really. Also Borderlands, I am not a Borderlands fan and the game is pretty much in the same vein (co-op loot n' shoot).

Pretty low standard, imo; Destiny has a lot of "Wow" factor but is booooooooooooooring. Borderlands has charm and spirit, but likewise is boring after a while.

I hope Anthem is exciting, fun, and packed full of new content monthly if not weekly

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I think they are doing a bad job on the marketing. Their website also looks pretty horrible. If you compare this anthem website to SWTOR site, Anthem looks like a little kid just made it.

I don't know if this going to do well. Can't play solo. It is team-based game at its core. Doing combos is one of the important part of the gameplay. The best bet I think of doing a solo run would be a being the tank javelin. In the game the player can switch javelins on the go so the game is pretty adaptable.

There is going two types of players me thinks, one for the narrative story and one for addicted loot-shooters. I think their target audience is going to be mosty destiny players and other multplayer people.