GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12644 Posts

So I'm currently firs time playing it, all the time got random server connection errors.

Was it this way the whole time or is it just recent issues? does EA try to forcefully close the servers without officially saying their closing them?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 10112 Posts

My experience with Anthem also included connection issues but could still form a party for multiplayer, takes a few tries but was possible. Do not know how it is in 2021. Everything else was my issue, from map loading, spawn glitches, objectives failing to function/ trigger, to syncing issues, glitched A.I. and atrocious hitboxes.

Flying can be somewhat fun early-on yet comes apparent flying has very little to do with the way the game was intended to function, and the combat side of it is pretty rubbish.

It's just poorly designed. I do not recommend it for anyone. It's a bad video game.

If someone wants coop parties in an ARPG? better options exist. Monster Hunter for example.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 47374 Posts

@gerygo: Dude, Anthem is totally dead and gone! Bioware & EA abandon the game months ago and Bioware are only focusing on Mass Effect 4 & the new Dragon Age games but Dragon Age is their top priority. Being that said, I for one enjoy Anthem when it launch but that's because the gameplay was fun for the most parts but the real fun was flying all over the place and you had to be their day one just to play it when it was new.

Playing Anthem today's standard is a huge waste of time, every gamer move on and since EA/Bioware stated they're done with Anthem, it is NOT worth playing now. Wanna play a shooter online game, go play Outriders now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50537 Posts

Yeah not sure about the connection issues. I played at launch at it actually seemed pretty stable.

Such a tragedy; the game had amazing gameplay--essentially flying around as Iron Man on planet Pandora from Avatar--it just lacked a lot of reason to keep playing. Hard to explain.

Should have been a single-player game, not a wannabe Destiny loot-n-shoot.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10169 Posts

Anthem worked well for me at launch, and it was pretty fun if you had a group of 4 friends to play it with. It's trying to be an rpg, though, and the story is really hard to follow because that same group of friends who actually make the game fun to play aren't going to want to sit around and wait on you to talk to everyone between the missions. Also, the campaign is pretty short. In theory, that's not supposed to be a big deal because the post game content is supposed to keep you playing the game. The post game content didn't amount to anything beyond grinding the same few missions over and over for better gear to make the same missions that you are already beating easier to beat, though. Lots of games do that. It's mindless and I don't understand the appeal at all.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12644 Posts

I ended up deleting the game before finishing it. Couldn't bare the continues frequent disconnects.

Along with the uninteresting dialogues with variety of NPCs. horrible performance, forced at some point to do free roam boring unrelated storyline missions just to unlock the next storyline mission.

Checked on Metacritic reviews and it's true 4/10, without the server issues I'd give it 6/10 at most.

Combat is just a okay nothing special with those repetitive game modes, as I see nothing really got better since the beta.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 1449 Posts

I saw it on the psn store for $1 LOL