Another PS4 launch. Another PSN outage. Unacceptable.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

So I wake up this morning ready to play KZ multiplayer. I finally have a long weekend to enjoy my new consoles but PSN is down. I cant play multiplayer. People cant redeem their PS+ codes. Yet we are all still PAYING for this online service.

Shit like this was acceptable when PSN was free. It's no longer free. XBL did not have any issues on launch day and they launched in 13 countries at once. I was unable to play any games online the day PS4 launched in NA. You would've thought that Sony would've learned from their awful PS4 launch in NA but nope. When will Sony figure this shit out?

I dont even know if I should ask for a refund because it will probably come out to be like 30 cents a day. Maybe it's not that big of a deal. All I know is that I cannot play any multiplayer games on a holiday weekend.

**** YOU SONY.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Ouch. That stinks. I thought they were disabling ancillary features to alleviate this kind of issue, or was I mistaken?

Either way, that is a bite in the ass. Sorry man.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I just read on the Escapist that Killzone has been patched. Do you think maybe it's just that game, or are you certain it's all of PSN?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that this is a PSN wide issue that is affecting everyone. Sorry.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

PSN is back up.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By S0lidSnake

Yh iits back up. Playing kz right now. All is hell.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

I couldn't redeem the code for the year of PS+ that I bought this morning. Is something up with that?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am glad I was not near my PS3 to experience that. I would have been disappointed more than how I am by reading about it. I am glad PSN is working now and has been since I started using my PS3 tonight. I used a PlayStation Store money card, downloaded Soul Calibur II HD, and am now playing it.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

And now Sony has suspended the "redeem voucher" functionality.

*sigh*

So much for spending my Saturday morning playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes (digital) that I just bought for $40 from Amazon.

It really is always something with Sony.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10  Edited By Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12034 Posts

@BranKetra said:

I am glad I was not near my PS3 to experience that. I would have been disappointed more than how I am by reading about it. I am glad PSN is working now and has been since I started using my PS3 tonight. I used a PlayStation Store money card, downloaded Soul Calibur II HD, and am now playing it.

I tried out the trial version of SC II HD on 360 and it was fun while it lasted. I still prefer the original Soul Calibur though.

In any case, sorry @S0lidSnake. Sucks that things like that happen bro. BTW, never got your friend request from you. :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Thank you Sony!

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#12 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Launch was flawless for me, everything downloaded superfast, must have missed the PSN issue when playing single player. Love my PS4, controller is great, Killzone is good fun and I love Resogun.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By S0lidSnake

@Metamania said:

@BranKetra said:

I tried out the trial version of SC II HD on 360 and it was fun while it lasted. I still prefer the original Soul Calibur though.

In any case, sorry @S0lidSnake. Sucks that things like that happen bro. BTW, never got your friend request from you. :P

Your username is really confusing. ;p I keep forgetting it. Just send me a request. TheNegativeDude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

People should probably learn to accept outages of popular online services on launch days given that it happens with 100% accuracy.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Metamania said:

@BranKetra said:

It could be better. The menus are basic and the graphics are 720p.

Okay, I am done derailing the thread.