Amazing Dead Rising 3 demo from Pax.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z579CJwFjYI

This is the funniest and most inventive demo I've ever seen. Forget the fact that the game has literally thousands of enemies on screen at once. The main draw is the options at your disposal. Found a bull costume and a slushee called Spitfire?

icEFZwzh1Lslt.gif

Jazz hands! 

ibtWFMhtyj7Y2H.gif

Got boxing gloves and a motorcycle engine? Lets combine the two. Tired of plowing through zombies with a slow steamroller? Lets combine it with a bike.

iu3YO21BpdDNw.gif

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
#2 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

Game looks great! Shame it's a XBone exclusive. Can't justify getting a XBone over a PS4.....

Will hope that it becomes a multi-plat eventually.

#3 Posted by Jbul (4838 posts) -

Looks pretty cool I guess.   If I was going to be a nitpicking jackass, I'd say I saw some really regular dips below 30 FPS there.   

Regardless, it looks to be a solid exclusive for X1.   I've just never been a huge fan of the series, despite several attempts to get into it.

#4 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

Game looks great! Shame it's a XBone exclusive. Can't justify getting a XBone over a PS4.....

LostProphetFLCL

it wwill never become mult plat its owned by Microsoft.

#5 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5014 posts) -

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

sukraj

it wwill never become mult plat its owned by Microsoft.

Hopefully it sees a PC port though.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
#6 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1231 posts) -
That does look cool, but I stopped caring about DR after the first game. DR2 didn't take me in like the first one.
#7 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Cool. Looks much more in line with its predecessors. I'm not a fan of the jokey tone of the series or the games themselves for that matter but since it has the DR name the developers should make a faithful sequel. I expect it will sell well. The fact Xbone isn't coming out in Japan for a while won't harm sales because DR (and Lost Planet) were never big hits there.

#8 Posted by blangenakker (3240 posts) -
Oh so now they show the fun stuff. If they had shown that stuff in the first place people wouldn't have been concerned
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
#9 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

It's basically more of the same; none of that stuff is really new. Still, it's Dead Rising with a new lick of paint, and that's A-Ok with me. I'm hoping they'll release it on other platforms down the line. I like the series, but not enough to pay $500 to play it. I don't expect that will be an issue; Dead Rising 2 sold 2 million copies across three platforms with a GIANT installed base to draw from. Given the system it's launching on this time and the exclusivity agreement, it will be lucky to move 1/4 that. That's being optimistic, in fact. I would bet anything this game releases on a number of platforms within six months (or as soon as Capcom can unjoin itself at the hip from the Xbone).

I'm also still concerned about the framerate issues I saw. 

#10 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z579CJwFjYI

This is the funniest and most inventive demo I've ever seen. Forget the fact that the game has literally thousands of enemies on screen at once. The main draw is the options at your disposal. Found a bull costume and a slushee called Spitfire?

icEFZwzh1Lslt.gif

Jazz hands!

ibtWFMhtyj7Y2H.gif

Got boxing gloves and a motorcycle engine? Lets combine the two. Tired of plowing through zombies with a slow steamroller? Lets combine it with a bike.

iu3YO21BpdDNw.gif

S0lidSnake

Thank you for posting this...looks good...I cannot for whatever reason, get into the whole Zombie genre...

#11 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Looks awesome, definitely looks like the best One launch game to me.
#12 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

Looks awesome, definitely looks like the best One launch game to me.dvader654

yeah the game looks sweet imo.

#13 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Looks great, though I never cared for Dead Rising. 

I'm happy to see a faithful sequel utilizing next gen tech in positive ways, even if it isn't a franchise I care about. Seeing all those enemies on screen at once is awesome.

#14 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
As long as it's an Xbone exclusive I won't be getting it.
#15 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1341 posts) -
As long as it's an Xbone exclusive I won't be getting it.chrisrooR
^This. It looks fun, but not enough fun to justify a purchase of an xbox one over a ps4.
#16 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

LostProphetFLCL

Exactly this. It looks a fun game, but the PS4 offers better games imo.

#17 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

This surprisingly looks fantastic. I love how streamlined and faster paced it is from previous games. I love that you can combine things on the go now.

#18 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

Ricardomz

i disagree i think the xbox one offers better games imo.

#19 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

Ricardomz

Dead Rising can't hold a candle to knack and killzone.... wait a minute.
#20 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

firefox59

r u getting a ps4 or xbox one?

#21 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

I still havent played the series, but i did pick up Dead Rising 2 for free on Xbox Live about a month ago. I still haven't played it though. Not into zombie-themed games.

#22 Posted by nyc05 (10190 posts) -

I'm skeptical on if they were actually playing Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One or a PC.

I'm cautious because the demonstration at PAX was far smoother both in frame rate and screen tearing compared to other shows, even recent ones, that suffered from huge frame drops and lots of tearing. Seems awfuly fast for such a vast improvement.

I sure hope they've cleaned it up as much as the PAX demo would indicate, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12935 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

firefox59

And the biggest and best xbox one exclusive hasn't even been mentioned in this thread yet. This could get interesting. *grabs popcorn*
#24 Posted by Qixote (10843 posts) -

Looks awesome, definitely looks like the best One launch game to me.dvader654

given that there are only a few Xbone launch exclusives, not much of a competition.

#25 Posted by LessThanMike (5363 posts) -
Looooooks awesome!!!!
#26 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

sukraj

r u getting a ps4 or xbox one?

It was sarcasm. Planning on getting Xbox One when Titanfall comes out.
#27 Posted by Jacanuk (13281 posts) -

Hmm, thats sure a very very different demo from the E3 one, the e3 looked completly different and looked like they were taking the game in a more serious and lifelike style and not so much cartoon, but that one, looks 99% like Dead Rising 1-2