Am I the only one who feels this way?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GavNation000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 GavNation000
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

For at least the past 2 years I have not been excited for any game what so ever except GTA V and CS:GO.

Its just "Triple A" game titles these days have gotten very boring and have been all bark and no bite lately.

Anyone else feel this way?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts

Well I'm sure you're not the only one but I certainly don't feel the same way. There's tons of games that I've both been very happy with and that I'm looking forward to.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#3 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I had that feeling before, and it happened because I knew way too much about the games before they came out. There is a layer of cynicism in our minds that dismisses every unfamiliar game for no real reason, and is very hard to suppress.

What I did is stop watching too long or too revealing trailers (with a few exceptions for games I know I'm going to love) and reading all sorts of stupid, borderline tabloid information, and do what I did as a kid: choose a game by its cover and theme. I learned to appreciate games more that way.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

No. But that's not how I feel at all.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Maybe try Wii U. No, I'm serious.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Maybe you're looking into the wrong games?

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Axeonelite
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I second Soviets Post. I find myself enjoying a game a lot more when I can just walk into it expecting anything to happen. Like Destiny (YES I'M BRINGING THIS GAME UP AGAIN)... I really knew nothing about the game then I said: "Screw it" and pre-ordered the thing. Got the beta and Teenage Girl style "OMG" Loved it. Now that it's out... Meh. Still good but not what I had expected.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22406 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

I had that feeling before, and it happened because I knew way too much about the games before they came out. There is a layer of cynicism in our minds that dismisses every unfamiliar game for no real reason, and is very hard to suppress.

What I did is stop watching too long or too revealing trailers (with a few exceptions for games I know I'm going to love) and reading all sorts of stupid, borderline tabloid information, and do what I did as a kid: choose a game by its cover and theme. I learned to appreciate games more that way.

Very good advice.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

while I don't feel the same way that you do, if you feel that AAA games today are lacking and you miss the good old days, I would strongly advise you to go indie for a while.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

2014 has been a very poor year for games, 2013 was the year of overrated games , but i have a lot of games that i missed past years , so im on to them

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#11 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

Compared to era of gaming up to release of last gen (360-PS3) there was not that many games i was like " wow, cant wait".

Of course there were few, i was very excited for Heavy Rain, Uncharted series, The Last Of Us.

Was exited for GTA V but finished it in a week and have not touched it since, think jumping on multy player bandwagon ruined GTA for me.

Right now im very excited about DriveClub, The Order 1886 and Dragon Age. Will get Witcher Wild Hunt when its cheap and need to upgrade my rig, but not for a year. Still pumping that GTX 570 LOL.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@humanistpotato: I'm there with you buddy.. it feels like a damn drought of quality games this year.. its already damn September and there are still no worthwhile games to play.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

Compared to era of gaming up to release of last gen (360-PS3) there was not that many games i was like " wow, cant wait".

Of course there were few, i was very excited for Heavy Rain, Uncharted series, The Last Of Us.

Was exited for GTA V but finished it in a week and have not touched it since, think jumping on multy player bandwagon ruined GTA for me.

Right now im very excited about DriveClub, The Order 1886 and Dragon Age. Will get Witcher Wild Hunt when its cheap and need to upgrade my rig, but not for a year. Still pumping that GTX 570 LOL.

570 is very good man, just OC a bit and it would last a year or two more

unless you are above 1080p