Rogn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Rogn
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

The reason i said what i said is internet and partly my own fault has spoiled me over the years. I am also kind of under self pressure of studying something i am soon done with. And maybe i will grow apathetic towards politics over the years and go back to before 2012 when i started to have mental breakdowns if i eat right and stop being lazy.

Either case, all games are good. If the game is bad it is something wrong with you not the game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Nope, bad games exist

Aghostess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aghostess
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

Not all games are the best. Loads of good games out there depending on the developers who make them.

I don’t like higher content games with too many bugs.

There are a lot of good games out there.

gh87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gh87
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

@rogn: In your logic, there's something wrong with you when playing a "bad" game, right? Which games do you think are "bad" enough to make yourself think that there is "something wrong with you"? Please elaborate or provide examples. Thanks.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@sombadgg said:

To be fair, everyone is different, and opinions of games differentiate between different people. Saying a game is bad is like saying apples are bad.

The difference being that apples weren't specifically created by people in order to satisfy a human desire. Obviously not counting stuff like genetic engineering or selective breeding, I'm talking about apples in general. But if you want to bring in selective breeding or genetic modification, then the same applies: if you go out of your way to create a specific kind of apple for a specific purpose, then value judgements such as "bad" are applicable.

Point being, "bad" is a human concept. It's applied to stuff pertaining to humans. And it relates to a desired goal or result. It's sketchy as hell to call something like malaria "bad" in an objective sense because in essence malaria simply IS. It's nothing more than a life form surviving in the only way that it can. By contrast, games were created by people, for people, and for the purpose of appealing to human standards of quality. That's it. And so, of course games can be bad. They're created for a PURPOSE, to meet some kind of STANDARD.

You can quibble about the details of the standards, and about which games actually qualify being as bad. But the point still remains that if the creators weren't trying to meet some kind of standard then the games never would have been made in the first place. Saying that there are no bad games is like saying that there are no bad comments. There are obviously things I could say to a person that are just plain mean and cruel and BAD. I can't utilize language to make a comment that is designed to cause bad feelings in listeners who understand that same language, and then act as if my comments can't be bad because they're just sounds. Yeah they're just sounds, but we've collectively agreed to sign MEANING to those sounds which is the entire reason why I made those sounds in the first place. If there weren't standards for what a person is and isn't supposed to say, then I wouldn't have any incentive to say ANYTHING.

Same thing with games. No one who is making games is just randomnly throwing throwing stuff toigether. There'd be zero incentive to do that. They're going through that trouble in order to appeal to SOMEONE'S standards of quality, be it themselves or their potential employers/customers. Go ask the people who actually make games and I think it's a good bet that most of them will tell you that they're constantly trying to get better at it.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Would it be fair to say that good and bad games exist..

These good and bad games are possibly determined as such by our own opinions and standards?

Please don’t jump on me for this it’s just an observation.

Thank you.

Aghostess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aghostess

@luchoct: I have had only very few issues with Ubisoft and rockstar games. They are one of the best game companies around.

Aghostess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aghostess

@luchoct: there is not one game that is perfectly good.

Games have great quality and run very well but all games have issues.and later they get updated so they run better. But some other games are made in older formats with higher content and that’s when you get issues. No game is perfect ..but there are good games out there as well as bad ones. I like Ubisoft because they use modern technology to upgrade there systems and reduce bugs . While some game formats are old and not updated to modern format technology and that’s when you get bugs and performance issues. I am not saying I am a game designer but I would love to be one! But as you know all games are programs made and created in formats . A format of a game is your starting program of creating a video game. It’s very interesting how ideas of the game directors are always planning there games . There ideas and knowledge of making a video game is amazing. The more the ideas the more your game becomes good.

DianEWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DianEWarren
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Yes, rogn I agree with you. All games are good in their own way, it depends on player’s interest. Most of the time I have enjoyed the games which my friends said don’t worth playing. Some games are easy and some are hard as well, depends which level you enjoy the most. Some people don’t like hard games as they get irritated by playing again and again on same level and gives bad review for that game. But some enjoy that and take it as a challenge to clear that level. By the way I am an hardcore player so I love playing hard games most of time.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Believe it or not, not all game developers hold themselves to the highest standards.

There are many examples.

Any new AAA game for instance is about a fun as watching paint dry even if it is all shiny.

goody12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 goody12
Member since 2018 • 22 Posts

The diversity of the world of games is so huge, so it's easy to get lost. and everyone has own taste. But it doesn't mean that all games are good.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Some games are objectively terrible.

But sure, there's often at least one person in the world who might appreciate your average "bad" game.

Your hardline stance though... really makes me think you haven't been gaming very long. There are literally broken, unplayable games that just can't be loved by anyone.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

CrazyBus makes Superman64 look very good game indeed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzt_uoTVAcE