Gtwerge8080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gtwerge8080
Member since 2018 • 59 Posts

I realized after a bit of thinking and a lot of playing that Read Dead Online isn’t for me (this isn’t a bashing thread; my long is I realized it’s just not for me personally).

I probably will still play a little just for a harmless pasttime, doing the truly free-roam stuff b/c I love the open world in that game... but kinda truly investing my free time in it fur the long haul won’t happen. I totally support peeps who love the online play, but the true PvP/true-interactive play isn’t my cup of tea. (Quite frankly I like the virtual camaraderie and just knowing other people are on the map... beyond that I detest it).

Anyway, I did that game’s single-player and—as stated above—the MP as well, but it’s time to find a new game.

The point of the question is finding a game to play after RDR2. The entire experience was freaking mind-boggling I’m so many ways, so I’m just not sure what to do next.

The scope and depth of the—amd I want to be clear—the open-world in RDR2 is unprecedented and I guess what I’m looking for is not an actual similar deep open-world (that’s be hard to find), but just a different game.

Cravenraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cravenraptor
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts

First I wanted write down try FarCry 5 but then I read you don´t look for another Open World game. Well. I loved Half-Life2. Doom3, F.E.AR. or maybe you try Outlast or Outlast 2. If you want to play a more modern immersive single player game. DOOM!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

If you want to be truly immersed I suggest a VR headset.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@gtwerge8080: Though you've expressed your love for open worlds I would recommend trying horror games for a different field of immersion.

DarylDixon01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarylDixon01
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

If you want to play a more

ShowBoxMobdroVidMate

modern immersive single player game,,,,I suggest a VR headset too,.....

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

What kind of perspective do you want?

Play Lone Echo if you want an immersive first person game. I'd say it's unrivaled outside of various cockpit sim games.

Play Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice VR if you want an immersive 3rd person game. Definitely unrivaled for 3rd person immersion.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

You might like Subnautica. It wasn't for me though.

Gtwerge8080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gtwerge8080
Member since 2018 • 59 Posts

Thnx for replies. I realized what I meant to say is another open-world, but just noting that it’s hard to get one as deep and real as RDR2’s.

I think the sounds, animals and plants, lighting and weather are unprecedented. The graphics are nice and really capture the feeling and scenery of various areas of America.

The only other open-world that blew my mind like that was Watch Dogs 2’s Bay Area. Damn. Horizon Zero Dawn’s was amazing as well, but obv more sci-fi driven.

Like a poster suggested, I’ve thought about horror games. I played Until Dawn and liked it, though would never have the patience to play it again.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

State of Decay.