RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 10717 Posts

Activision are a very hit and miss company. Usually being one of the biggest offenders for micro-transactions and lootboxes.

However they have also been remaking a lot of fan-favorite classics such as Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Which have been extremely well received and sold millions of copies, one could say what fans have been begging for. So what is the next 32-bit game to repackage you may ask?

Well should be no shock that it's a Tony Hawk game. Releasing this year apparently, and high-likely no rumor. Australian punk rock band The Death Set have claimed to be licencing out five songs to "Tony Hawk 2020" on Twitter.

While not the worst idea if sold solely on nostalgia. Yet based on updated bands/ music listings think they're going for a modern feel and roster to try and make this extreme sport fashionable as it was in the early 2000's. Which is not just bold, but also an uphill battle_

It may just be rooted to much in a bygone time for this. Even if they do update the music tracks and skating roster, who really cares for a fifty year old skate-boarder branding a game in 2020?

Not to mention how can it bold well when the last entry played like this_

Do you think it'll be a success like platform mascot games Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Or its dated extreme themes be an eye-roll for today's gaming market? Whatever your thoughts, feel free to express yourselves below.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 7200 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I don't know. That last Tony Hawk entry .gif you have thar looks pretty darn fun, if I do say so myself. Reminds me of a game I used to play called Pain on the PS3. Its a silly game.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 5607 Posts

Tony Hawk remakes seem like a no brainer. 90s nostaliga is big right now, and as long as the remakes are good quality like the Crash and Spyro ones, people will grab them up like hand sanitizer in a global pandemic. I predict a remake of 1&2 this year, followed buy 3&4, then the Undergrounds in 21 and 22.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ

@DEVILinIRON said:

@RSM-HQ: I don't know. That last Tony Hawk entry .gif you have thar looks pretty darn fun, if I do say so myself. Reminds me of a game I used to play called Pain on the PS3. Its a silly game.

I don't disagree that ragdoll glitching can be hilarious. The havok physic engine comes up with funny results_

However when it completely destroys the game (on performing successfully as the Tony Hawk gif shows) I assume humor quickly turns to frustration if it's frequent. At least for majority of players.

@judaspete said: people will grab them up like hand sanitizer in a global pandemic

Oh whaw haha, that's a good one!

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 663 Posts

Wait, Activision is making another Tony Hawk game?

The last one was a crap. That's the only thing I can say right now.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

Robotic Bobby Kottick.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@lembu90: The last one was super rushed because they were about to lose the tony hawk licence, hopefully this one will have some actual care put in it like the Crash remakes.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

And the Spyro remakes where great too.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ

@vfighter said:

@lembu90: The last one was super rushed because they were about to lose the tony hawk licence, hopefully this one will have some actual care put in it like the Crash remakes.

My assumption is that it's being worked on by a different team than the last wave of Tony Hawk games, which critically was poorly received.

Neversoft was the developer that made a lot of the games fans hold in praise and they was disbanded in 2007, Robomodo who followed up the franchise has an overall poor track record so the excuse for a rushed product isn't warranted on a bad developer who is known for throwing out mediocre to poor games.

Don't think it's the Crash Bandicoot team either for this new one, as they've hinted to be working on a follow-up to the current wave of Crash Bandicoot games.