Action Fans Take Note: Toys R Us Offering a Very Sweet Deal This Week.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

This week action fans are getting two significant releases: Bayonetta and Darkriders.

Toys R Us is offering a ten dollar gift card for the purchase of either but the real news is that RewardR Us members can get a 40 dollar gift card if they nab both games, effectively reducing the price of both titles to 80 dollars. (That 40 dollar gift card can be used on any merchandise in the store during your next visit.)

Also, you can sign up for the RewardR Us card online or in the store and there is no charge.

Toys R Us has been rocking it with some great sales lately and they also nowaccept game trade-ins.

Here's the link:

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Arg... if I hadn't just bought a new laptop, I'd be all over this. That is a sweet deal!
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
lol it would only effectively lower the price to $80 if you could actually use the gift card to buy those games. You still have to pay almost $130 after taxes to pick them both up at the same time.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I have a 10 dollar gift card for toysryus if I buy one then I'll only pay 50 dollars and get another 10 dollar gift card and then I can buy the other for 50 dollars and get another 10 dollar giftcard!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have some serious thinking to do about this deal. I have Bayonetta pre-ordered from Gamestop and I have a giftcard reducing my cash total to about 15 bucks. I also have a 60 dollar credit from Walmart which I was going to use on Darksiders. Do I just save the cash and use the credits or do I spend more cash now to get the giftcard from Toys R Us? I could always return my Gamestop copy I guess.

mkurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mkurts
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

Gah! Americans only .... :(

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I know absolutely nothing regarding Darksiders, but I'm definitely going to go hunt down a copy of Bayonetta tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of the deal, at least from previous experience with my nearest Toys R Us, they pulled that pre-order only thing on day one that Gamestop does. Thankfully, I have some gift cards to use, so I'll be saving money one way or another this time.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

This is a great deal. I'll be getting mine tomorrow along with finally picking up Super Mario Galaxy with that $40 gift card. So basically, I'm getting Super Mario Galaxy for free!

Good thing I'm also interested in both Bayonetta and Battle Chas~ I mean, Darksiders! :P

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grammaton-Cleric

lol it would only effectively lower the price to $80 if you could actually use the gift card to buy those games. You still have to pay almost $130 after taxes to pick them both up at the same time.Greyfeld

If you buy both games you get a FREE 40 dollar gift card that can be used on any future software purchase. That means you effectively pay 80 bucks total, assuming you plan on buying another game. For gamers who purchase software on a regular basis, a giftcard is as good as them handing us an instant 40 dollar rebate.

So yes, it does lower the price of both games because I am getting an instant refund of 40 dollars. Considering I plan onbuying Mass Effect 2 later this month, that game will now only cost me 20 bucks.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
that sucks, the deal ends tomorrow and i get paid friday and broke right now :(
tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tommy_boy9999
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts
oh no im broke why oh why
tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tommy_boy9999
I really wish more and more retailers did incentives like this. When game sales slide or start sliding the gaming businesses should ramp up deals. Kind of like the way car dealers do when sales slip.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
What would I spend the 40 bucks on? That's what's preventing me from going out and buying the 2 games.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Grammaton-Cleric

What would I spend the 40 bucks on? That's what's preventing me from going out and buying the 2 games. majadamus

It's not like you have to spend it right away. Put the card in your wallet and spend it on another game down the line. Considering how many top notch titles are due out in the next few months, it's money in the bank.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44401 Posts

That's a very sweet deal indeed. If I had a TRU up here where I live in Canada I'd certainly jump on that.

As a sidenote it seems that more places are offering more deals as of late and on excellent games to boot. I seemed to have noticed this first with Batman AA at Walmart. Then other games such as Borderlands, Brutal Legend, and Assassin's Creed 2. I sure hope it's giving both the stores and the game companies positive results because I'm sure enjoying it.

tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tommy_boy9999
You can use that gift card for when they have the buy one get one half off or buy 2 get 3rd free