Accessing 3DO's Saved Game Files

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 17

#1 Butchcassidy79
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

Does anyone know how to view the Saved Game Files in a 3DO system? Since I had the system tell now I wasn't able to know how toaccess it, so does anyone knows how?

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
You just turn it on without a disc inside. That's how mine worked anyway, and I had both models at one time or another.
Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Butchcassidy79

I tried that, but still couldn't manage to access it, I just found out how to access them, but still after reading it I got a bit disappointed :( .

I got this information from http://www.3dotoday.com/Frames%201.html, and this is what I got:

"You need a disk that has memory manger software on it. Many games have their own memory manager and you can use them to clean your memory out. If you don't have any of these games, you should look for the 3DO demo disks released by 3DO. 3DO specifically placed memory manager software on them because of this issue. The Game Guru is also a memory manager and does it even better. It allows you to compress many of your save game files to make room if you just >can't< delete those high scores and last level saves you've been storing."

Where can they expect me to get those softwares now :( ??

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Second_Rook
Is your's a Panasonic or a Goldstar. Both of mine were Panasonic. Sounds like a really poor design decision by whoever manufactured the model that you have. I would say look to the net or a locally operated game shop. Best of luck, if you ever get the chance pick up Star Control II, one of the greatest games ever.
Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Butchcassidy79
I have a Goldstar system :P
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Is your's a Panasonic or a Goldstar. Both of mine were Panasonic. Sounds like a really poor design decision by whoever manufactured the model that you have. I would say look to the net or a locally operated game shop. Best of luck, if you ever get the chance pick up Star Control II, one of the greatest games ever.Second_Rook
I second this (just look at my avatar!), but the game's already freeware for PCs and other platforms, has low system requirements, and is based on the 3DO version anyway. Not much incentive to hunt down a 3DO copy, CGI movies and collecting aside. I'm very surprised that the 3DO specification did not call for integrated memory management, though. Every other console has a memory management utility of some sort built right in.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Second_Rook

I second this (just look at my avatar!), but the game's already freeware for PCs and other platforms, has low system requirements, and is based on the 3DO version anyway. NamelessPlayer
Fwiffo!

Thanks for the link by the way, I haven't played SCII in years.