Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

...The Alexios Voice Actor.

I know there’s a certain amount of “wait and see” here, but in so much of the released footage (even as recent as a week ago) it’s a really bizarre performance...

It’s like subtlety went completely out of the window and the actor had just finished the Panto season. You can almost hear him slapping his thigh after near every line of dialogue.

Really hope there’s more nuance when we get the full game because Bayek was one of the best performed characters in the entire series. Damn he was good.

Kassandra is looking a lot better but it’d be a shame to be hemmed into a choice because the alternative is a chore to listen to. I’m hesitant to spend 80 plus hours looking at her dopey running animation.

(For Honour gets the old female running animation spot on, they all look like badasses).

Thoughts?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

I just hope AC:O is a great game, it'll be the first time I played Assassins Creed game since the first one. That was quite a long while ago. I'm not worried about the voice acting to be honest, that sort of thing doesn't concern me.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MisterVulpes

@brimmul777:

Interested to hear your take on it when it’s released.

The series today is unrecognisable from AC1. I felt it got sh*t after 4 then got good again at Origins.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#4 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I just hope AC:O is a great game, it'll be the first time I played Assassins Creed game since the first one. That was quite a long while ago. I'm not worried about the voice acting to be honest, that sort of thing doesn't concern me.

I feel if you liked Origins, you'll like Odyssey. It seems like a reskin of it. And that's not an insult either. I loved Origins. Let's hope the story is just as good.

bragr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bragr
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

@mistervulpes: No love for Syndicate?

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MisterVulpes

@bragr:

Meh not really. Didn’t really like the characters and the gorgeous archipelago of Black Flag spelt the death of the single city AC for me. It was fine but the old combat and mechanics had grown stale by that point.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#7  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts
@mistervulpes said:

@bragr:

Meh not really. Didn’t really like the characters and the gorgeous archipelago of Black Flag spelt the death of the single city AC for me. It was fine but the old combat and mechanics had grown stale by that point.

Too bad Black Flag ran like absolute crap on every machine i have ever owned past it's release.

I gave Origins a try based on friends recommendations, both for quality and performance.

I'm too afraid to give any of the older games past IV the time of day.

If Odyssey is as fun, and run as well as Origins, i may end up buying it.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

All i have to say is they gotta bring back feeding the pets with Doritos.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@Shantmaster_K:

@brimmul777 said:

I feel if you liked Origins, you'll like Odyssey. It seems like a reskin of it. And that's not an insult either. I loved Origins. Let's hope the story is just as good.

Personally i'm not playing AC:O just yet as I'm still doing The Witcher 3, however i went platinum on origins and spent forever on that game plus the DLC's. As for AC:O i'm watching my husband play it at the moment and does seem like everything that is in Origins is packed into Odyssey they've just shuffled stuff bout a bit.

As for the actors voice personally i found it inoffensive while maybe a bit digitally altered..? the thing it's missing for me is the crucial lines like Bayek said i.e "Hmmmmm.... These guards are vigilant.... I must be cautious around here.....". I've shoved that on my whats app profile page..!! ;) Yes I'm easily amused..!!

I'm enjoying watching at the moment but can't say any more for obvious reasons..!!