This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Ok,yesterday i beat FFX and started FFX-2

And..lol? it's all like..."girl power!"

It's more light,easier,faster paced,and milder in themes and story.

Does it get better later?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
it gets better as long as you don't mind playing dress up.
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

The only good thing it's got going for it is the better battle system, IMO. The fact that it was a direct sequel to an FF game raised eyebrows by itself at the time.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I'm a huge fan of FFX, but I avoided FFX-2 because it looked way too cheesy. Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

no it doesn't get better. I loved the gameplay more than X, but the story and characters were truly horrible. They freaking ruined Yuna

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, FFX-2 is not canon and as such should not be taken seriously, despite what Square-Enix has to say about it. To me, the events of X-2 NEVER HAPPENED. While the gameplay is decent, the story is absolutely moronic. The only reason that game happened was because they wanted more $$$. And yeah, sure, all the other games pretty much happened because they wanted to make money, but at least those games had soul. They were carefully planed. X-2 was just done to further cash in on X's success.

Also, I think these numbered sequels are a dumb idea and do nothing more than damage the brand. And the sad part is Square-Enix continues to think it's a good idea. You'd think after XIII-2, they'd give it a rest.

Synctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Synctor
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts
No, it does NOT get better. You might as well quit playing lol.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I don't think it's quite as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, but it certainly isn't near the upper tier of Final Fantasy games.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i am a long time FF fan and i thought the game isn't that bad, it starts out slow but after the classes are unlocked it gets better the story is a bit weak but most final fantasy games the story is the weak point.But then again i really disliked FFX to this day its been the one of the few FF game i never finished so maybe my like X-2 is based off my dislike for X.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

i am a long time FF fan and i thought the game isn't that bad, it starts out slow but after the classes are unlocked it gets better the story is a bit weak but most final fantasy games the story is the weak point.But then again i really disliked FFX to this day its been the one of the few FF game i never finished so maybe my like X-2 is based off my dislike for X.elbert_b_23

Weird, I don't know if I've ever heard someone say they disliked X but liked X-2

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DerveCreaves
Member since 2013 • 345 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, FFX-2 is not canon and as such should not be taken seriously, despite what Square-Enix has to say about it. To me, the events of X-2 NEVER HAPPENED. While the gameplay is decent, the story is absolutely moronic. The only reason that game happened was because they wanted more $$$. And yeah, sure, all the other games pretty much happened because they wanted to make money, but at least those games had soul. They were carefully planed. X-2 was just done to further cash in on X's success.

Also, I think these numbered sequels are a dumb idea and do nothing more than damage the brand. And the sad part is Square-Enix continues to think it's a good idea. You'd think after XIII-2, they'd give it a rest.

Lost-to-Apathy
Well it tells you were Titus went.
FlamingGnats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlamingGnats
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The story doesn't get any better, but the gameplay is leaps and bounds better than FFX in my opinion.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I beat FFX-2 and I really don't know how I did it. The game was so pointless, corny and cheesy that I couldn't even stand seeing it on my collection so I traded it in. On top of it it was directed by Toriyama so no wonder why it turned out so bad.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
It's definitely a good RPG. Just not anything compared to X. If you're fine with having a light RPG experience, X-2 delivers a good game that's not too forceful on making you follow the plot the whole game, and has a lot of fun sidequests. I thought it was good.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#15 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
I don't think it's quite as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, but it certainly isn't near the upper tier of Final Fantasy games. JML897
^^^This guy. I agree 100% with this guy.