a site where i can find trade in value ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i'm looking for a site that i can find prices for trade in value. like gamestop/ebgames. i've been wanting to get call of duty 4 but i spent a lot of my money on school books i don't have a job....
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Pick up the phone and call your local game store. I bet they'd help you out.
AarontheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AarontheGamer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Use gamestop.com and type in your game you want to sell and check out the used game. If you can't get a good thing there, go on Ebay and do some research there.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
You are better off selling your stuff on ebay. Unless your games are really recent you would likely have to trade in 10 games just to get one back. We are talking $2-$5 for older games at most. Its totally not worth it. Just rent the game if you want to play it that bad.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iam2green

Pick up the phone and call your local game store. I bet they'd help you out.rragnaar

i have a lot of ps2 games i need to look at i do't feel like calling asking how much can i get for *insert game here* stay on the phone for like 5 min figuring out how much i would get.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Pick up the phone and call your local game store. I bet they'd help you out.iam2green

i have a lot of ps2 games i need to look at i do't feel like calling asking how much can i get for *insert game here* stay on the phone for like 5 min figuring out how much i would get.

PS2 games are going to get you like $5 max. Maybe...maybe $10 if its a really rare game that was near the end of the system's lifespan and was popular.

If its "insert random average game here" expect to get hardly anything at all.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Site: It's a ripoff!

Trading games in is truly a ripoff. You get at most 1/4 to 1/6 the value of the games and they go and sell them back to you for twice or thrice what they pay you (if you buy used games).

Selling games to a pawn shop or on eBay is totally worth the time and effort. Doing that you can actually get the games actual value, one you want, and not what EB or Gamestop tells you the value is.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iam2green
k, tomorrow i'll call a pawn shop i found near me see if they take video games... lol i never been to a pawn shop/sold anything
ScratchedFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ScratchedFury
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts

Yay for helpful information!

Seriously, call them. So much easier than wasting time on here waiting for someone to respond.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Pick up the phone and call your local game store. I bet they'd help you out.iam2green

If your thinking of trading in your games then you probably dont want them so take them to the store and get what you get for them.

But PS2 games you wont get crap for, I took about 12 PS2 games to Gamestop and got between $2.00 and $0.65 for each.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
uuuuh, gamestop.com? you mention them and you don't even look at the website?