A question about buying Black Ops 3 tomorrow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supermeatman
Member since 2015 • 68 Posts

A friend has told me that unless I pre order, I won't be getting Nuke Town or Giant Zombies. Is this true? I live in the UK and my plan was to just pick it up in Sainsburys on my lunch break: however I really want Giant Zombies. Is my friend accurate? Amazon is telling me if I order within 4 hours I can still pre order, however it will incur a bigger shipping charge... :-(

Any advise is greatly welcomed, thanks!

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

GameSpot reported on this just a bit ago:

General pre-orders on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in the UK will not include access to the Nuketown multiplayer map, as was previously indicated. Instead, only those that have put money down at high-street retailer GAME will have access to it.

Thus far, Activision has not highlighted this exclusivity and, instead, indicated the content would be available for simply pre-ordering, regardless of where. The support page on the game's official website, for example, makes no mention of GAME-exclusivity in the UK. It simply states "all retail pre-order copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will include an in-box code to download Nuketown."

Deals website UKVGDeals notes that, although retailer exclusivity is mentioned in a trailer for the map, it is in very small print at the end.

"GAME-exclusive for Nuketown content applies to physical or boxed copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Standard Edition on PS4, Xbox One, and PC only, while stocks last," the smallprint reads. It also notes that the exclusivity ends in "Spring 2016."

Generally, publishers announce retailer exclusivity deals more prominently in marketing material, and tend to detail it in press releases. The retailer exclusivity for Nuketown, however, has been more ambiguous.

For those who have already pre-ordered ahead of its release on November 6, there may still be enough time to cancel and pre-order again, but at the risk of not receiving the game on launch day.

GAME also has Black Ops 3 priced at £49.99, which is little higher than other online competitors such as Amazon (£42.00) and ShopTo (£37.86). In-store prices for new releases at GAME are usually around £54.99.

Nuketown was first seen in the original Black Ops from 2010 and then again in Black Ops 2, where it was known as Nuketown 2025. The map also appeared in Black Ops Declassified as Nukehouse.

Although the new Nuketown is available as an Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC as a preorder bonus, it's possible it will be released for everyone later as DLC.

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supermeatman

Thanks for that. I want Nuketown, but paying an extra £8 for a level is such a rip off... that's basically a 1/5th o the price of the full game. The ratio just doesn't make economic sense. If it were £1, sure. And I imagine a lot more people would be willing to pay. As it stands I'm going to use my Nectar card points...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yes I'm getting it

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supermeatman

Haha, so I got the game from Argos for a decent £39.99.

However just got home and tried to get it online where I was greeted with: "The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live". Now, I don't know why this is? Do I not have a Gold account? I was pretty sure I did have one: as I watch Netflix and use the WWE Network all the time?

The only other thing I can think of is because I have Unblock US on the system in order to get the WWE Network...

Any help would be greratly appreciated as I have friends coming over later to play...

EDIT: I found one of those 2 days guest passes and put in the code, it gave me the message "You already have an Xbox Live Gold account on this system, give the code to a friend so they can see blah blah blah..."

So, any idea why I can't get the game online?