A Psygnosis Tribute made by Psygnosis in 1996

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

As you all probably know, a few months ago, Sony officially shut down Sony:Liverpool, previously known as Psygnosis

well, while youtubing for some of the studio's games I came across a pitch video created by Psygnosis to show the current Psygnosis heritage to various key people in Sony

enjoy

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

somewhat ironic that the video says "the future is ours".

Im unhappy to see any talented studio get closed, Psygnosis made some good games over the years

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rilpas

Im unhappy to see any talented studio get closed, Psygnosis made some good games over the years

Darkman2007
and they made the PS1 dev kits :P
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

rilpas

indeed, although they were slightly wrong when they said they had a presence on other systems, the PC and Saturn versions of those games were usually done by other developers. they were pretty much dedicated to the Playstation at that point.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
And with the fall of Sony Liverpool, also came the death of the sci-fi/futuristic racing genre.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Hilarious piece of 90s trash - Robert Miles and all in the background! What's up with the thick german accent proclaiming that the future is theirs?

Psygnosis published more interesting games than they developed themselves, IMO. I wasn't a fan of ther Amiga games - the few ones I played of theirs -, and in their later years they didn't make much of an impression on me anyway - Wipeout was cool, sure. But otherwise?

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

psygnosis logo is nice.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rilpas

Hilarious piece of 90s trash - Robert Miles and all in the background! What's up with the thick german accent proclaiming that the future is theirs?

Psygnosis published more interesting games than they developed themselves, IMO. I wasn't a fan of ther Amiga games - the few ones I played of theirs -, and in their later years they didn't make much of an impression on me anyway - Wipeout was cool, sure. But otherwise?

doubutsuteki

Colony Wars? Agony? Discworld?

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Agony was beautiful, indeed - but not all that good. :P It was made by Art & Magic and only published by Psygnosis.

Never played the Discworld games though - might've been great for all I know. But again, Psygnosis didn't make them.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

indeed, although they were slightly wrong when they said they had a presence on other systems, the PC and Saturn versions of those games were usually done by other developers. they were pretty much dedicated to the Playstation at that point.

they weren't wrong. they were developpers and publishers. they also published those games on pc and saturn and future games like wipeout and wipeout2097 for saturn

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

btw what an awesome 90s highlight. robert miles with children is always great!

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="rilpas"] and they made the PS1 dev kits :Pbultje112

they weren't wrong. they were developpers and publishers. they also published those games on pc and saturn and future games like wipeout and wipeout2097 for saturn

wrong might be the wrong word to use, but they didn't actually make those 2 on the Saturn , the actual porting job was done by Tantalus, who may have done the PC version too for all I know.. although its not uncommon for developers to hand over the job of porting to either other teams, or other devs altogether.