A new MMO to play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rianu91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rianu91
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hey this winter i am looking for a new mmo to play. I have played WoW before, probably for about 8 months. I am really exited about the new star wars mmo, but that is a long ways off yet. I am considering going back to WoW and making a new character and playing the expansion. Any other mmo's you would recommend out there? I have looked at Warhammer a bit but not entirely sure on that one. Thanks.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
What did you like/didn't like about WoW? Were you more interested in PvE or PvP?
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

If you don't mind lower quality, jsut check out MMO sites that list all the free MMOs out there (just google free mmorpg).

Most, if not all, of the "free" MMOs have cahs shops, where you have to sped realy cash to get certain things, but the games are still completely playable without having to do so. You just can't get "everything" without spending some bucks.

There's plenty of different MMOs of just about every style and genre out ther, but none of them have 70million dollar start up budgets like WoW, so you'll notice the difference.

If you want a higher quality MMO, WoW is always an option, Warhammer is supposedly the best PvP MMO right now, and Conan is supposedly pretty decent as hack'n'slash style of MMO. Also Lord of the Rings just got or is getting a new expansion and is pretty popular.

Try to find trials for any game your interested in, if possible.

e3li7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 e3li7e
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
Not trying to give a plug or anything but I goto www.mmorpg.com for all my MMO stuff. They usually got free trials on alot of games and lots of input from other gamers.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Lord of the Rings Online, EVE Online and EverQuest 2 all have free trials.
poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

If you've been waiting a while before getting into MMORPGs, and you don't mind waiting a little longer... LucasArts and Bioware are teaming up to create a Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG. It's one of the few from that genre that I could see myself getting into. Apparently Bioware has promised to put more dialog/content into the franchise than in all previous titles combined!

If the wait is too long, however, I'd reccomend looking into EVE online. There's a steep learning curve, but once you get into it there doesn't seem to be a better game for cosmos exploration. And it's pretty, too!

Good luck!

baycuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 baycuz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hey if u want a good free mmorpg i recommend trying Last Chaos its a good game and enjoyable also you can buy ap with real cash to give u a boost if u can afford it check out this website for more information i hope you come and play =)

http://lastchaos.aeriagames.com/