A 90's graphic adventure game on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Napket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Napket
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I've tried to search for this game for god knows how long. I played this when I was a kid during the 90's. It was a point and click adventure game, first person, "realistic" environments and characters with some voice acting, if I remember correctly. You collected clues and advanced, simple, but some of the puzzles were quite hard. I recall visiting places like graveyard, some kind of ship, Egypt(?) and a western-kind of place where you had to explore a theater and a mine. What I remember the best was a scene where you had to play a four-note tune with an organ instrument a bad guy had played earlier. That was probably near at the end of the game. I would appreciate any suggestions. I don't know if this game is considered bad today, but it would be nostalgic to play it again. Cheers!
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts
Probably a stab in the dark, Sanitarium maybe?
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Well he said first person, so the only thing that springs immediately to mind is Myst or one of its sequels.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Probably Myst.

There was a epicly crap Dracula game of that time but i can't remember the title.

Edit: Dracula Resurrection 1999 ha.

Napket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Napket
I checked some Myst playthroughs, but I don't think it's one of them. The first one even had a puzzle with the organ instrument, but still it wasn't the right one. The tune you had to play in the game I'm searching for was very dramatic and, uh, threatening, even with just four notes. And no, it wasn't stab in the dark or sanitarium either. The latter I recall trying years ago, but dropped it, don't know why. This could be a game which wasn't popular or in every game shop if you know what I mean, I don't even remember where I got my own copy. But it was definitely very much like Myst, probably with almost zero background music, so if you can name any Myst-like games, please post them. Thanks for your suggestions so far!
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

these are the games i could gather right now check them out
the 7th guest
the 11th hour
lighthouse

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lethargika
The 90's were so saturated with scenic point and click adventures that it would be quite a mission trying to locate it based on a theater, mine, and graveyard. That about sums up 75 percent of point and clicks out there.I think your best bet would be to go to adventuregamers.com and use the search filters to narrow it down. Sort it by year and check out some screenshots. Maybe something will ring a bell. Sounds like it might be a Nancy Drew game, or atlantis series? Maybe an Egyptian game or one of the dozens of time traveling games. Hope that helps, good luck in your search!
Napket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Napket
I know how hard it is to search a game with so little information. It's frustrating that I clearly remember the organ tune from the game, hell I could even play it on piano if needed, but still the name's mystery. :D I'll try the site you mentioned. I've checked all the suggestions here and sadly, none of them were the right one. Thank you all for your help and please do tell if there are more games you could think of.
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lethargika
I know what you mean. Nothing is more maddening than trying for years to recall something from your childhood and coming up short. Theres an episode of sesame street from the early 80s that I would give my left arm to find again, but 10 years of searching still turns up nothing. Anyway, I just remembered a game i played back in the 90s called Timelapse. There was a ship, with an egypt level, but i dont remember a mine or a graveyard. I really wish I could fjnd your game, my curiosity is peaked.
jonahss89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jonahss89
I've been looking for a game that is similar to this and stumbled on this thread - here's what I remember, maybe it's the same game? -It starts in present day, but you get transported back in time, I think if you click on the tip of a pyramid. -You have to find tablets that represent the elements (i.e., fire, water, etc). I think the fire tablet is hidden in the base of a statue. -There is a puzzle that involves music and putting pipes in order, I remember the way to solve it is to listen to the very quiet background music -I think you go underwater to Atlantis, and are harvesting crystals of some sort? Apart from that, I remember that it was very hard.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Gabriel Knight 3 perhaps?

e: oh nevermind. it wasn't first person.

i'm pretty sure you can find it from the list here:

http://www.terrybutler.co.uk/misc/the-first-person-adventure-games-list/

they are mostly point-and-click games.

geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
I know what you mean. Nothing is more maddening than trying for years to recall something from your childhood and coming up short. Theres an episode of sesame street from the early 80s that I would give my left arm to find again, but 10 years of searching still turns up nothing. Anyway, I just remembered a game i played back in the 90s called Timelapse. There was a ship, with an egypt level, but i dont remember a mine or a graveyard. I really wish I could fjnd your game, my curiosity is peaked.Lethargika
I know that feeling. I have a song in my head (from the 90's) but it's pure instrumental. I've been searching for it for years now, so frustrating.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

Zork: Nemesis

The Martian Chronicles

Detritus: The Daemons Quest

Fort Boyard: The Legend