900k X1 went unsold worldwide

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

according to gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/900-000-xbox-ones-went-unsold-worldwide-in-2013/1100-6417303/

Hennius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Hennius
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

I work as part of Dixons retail in the UK and recently went to one of our bigger stores, surprised to find a whole shelf of unsold Xbox ONE's... crazy considering normally newer consoles tend to have a craze period and sell out... Such as the PS4... But i'm not suggesting 1 "Console" is better than the other... however Sony did a better job at advertising and executing market procedures.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@hennius said:

I work as part of Dixons retail in the UK and recently went to one of our bigger stores, surprised to find a whole shelf of unsold Xbox ONE's... crazy considering normally newer consoles tend to have a craze period and sell out... Such as the PS4... But i'm not suggesting 1 "Console" is better than the other... however Sony did a better job at advertising and executing market procedures.

Especially in Europe

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#4 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

This pretty much proves that Shameus, Carnage and I were right.

Channel stuffing at its best.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 S0lidSnake

Also, you can do a better job with these OPs. Just linking them is not good enough. Put some more effort. Try to generate some discussion. Both your Tomb Raider and this OPs are so bare bones I wonder why you even bother.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

They overstocked, how is this a bad thing? You can buy an Xbox 1 right now if you wanted to. Can't say the same thing about a PS4.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@S0lidSnake said:

Also, you can do a better job with these OPs. Just linking them is not good enough. Put some more effort. Try to generate some discussion. Both your Tomb Raider and this OPs are so bare bones I wonder why you even bother.

Uhm ok? I post a thread no one else bothered to. If people want to discuss them, it's their own free will, i am not going to post a wall of text if you can read it and just post your thoughts if you want

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 S0lidSnake

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Uhm ok? I post a thread no one else bothered to. If people want to discuss them, it's their own free will, i am not going to post a wall of text if you can read it and just post your thoughts if you want

If you want to spam the board and up your post count then fine. This board has gone to shit anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

If you want to spam the board and up your post count then fine. This board has gone to shit anyway.

Wow... The ignorance... So you think i spam the board with relevant articles? You know what you could do? Stop posting in them if it bothers you... Just ignore my threads and posts if you just don't like them. I am going to discuss them with people that like them. So please get out of these threads or try to be positive

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Tsk tsk I was right, the $500 price point and negative press along with inferior visuals; this should really concern MS. The PS3 didn't sell that much but that was after 6 months or so.

Price cut within 1 year.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@huerito323 said:

They overstocked, how is this a bad thing? You can buy an Xbox 1 right now if you wanted to. Can't say the same thing about a PS4.

Yeah exactly. Just another "XB1 is rubbish" thread. Getting old.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: You put more effort into your response to Solid than you did the OP :0. Why not post your thoughts and quote a bit of the article you are sourcing when creating a topic?

Seeing as to how there are so few people who create game news topics these days its not like someone will beat you to a topic if you put an extra two minutes in or something.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride: You put more effort into your response to Solid than you did the OP :0. Why not post your thoughts and quote a bit of the article you are sourcing when creating a topic?

Seeing as to how there are so few people who create game news topics these days its not like someone will beat you to a topic if you put an extra two minutes in or something.

Perhaps i could do a little more, but coming from someone like him just makes me want to facepalm

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CarnageHeart

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@huerito323 said:

Yeah exactly. Just another "XB1 is rubbish" thread. Getting old.

Historically, MS channel stuffs when a more popular competitor is on the shelves and MS wants to win itself some positive press ('We shipped more systems than anyone in December!').

It doesn't really hurt anyone aside from the retailers whom MS pressures to accept hardware they don't need. It does hurt MS's numbers the following year because retailers clear out existing stock before ordering a new product.

http://informationarbitrage.com/post/698368232/microsoft-channel-stuffing-and-desperation-old-tricks

From Blackfriars’ Marketing01/26/2007:

Microsoft reported earnings this evening, and with it, they announcedbtheir actual results for XBox 360 sales over Christmas. The good news: Microsoft shipped 4.4 million XBox 360 units in the fourth calendar quarter of 2006. The bad news: the company only expect to sell another 1.6 million by July 1, lowering its projection of 13 to 15 million down to only about 12 million. These numbers nicely confirm Blackfriars’ earlier prediction that Microsoft was shipping excess XBox 360 consoles to retailers to make its 10 million XBox’s sold by the end of 2006. The money quote on XBox 360 sales:

“We are just being cautious about the second half,” said Liddell in an interview. “There is a reasonable amount of inventory in the channel.”

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@S0lidSnake: Not sure why you thought it was ok to respond to LastRide that way. It was very rude and obnoxious. Now if you believe that the forums have gone to sh! t you can go join the uber nerds over at GAF. See ya!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Xbones are to be found everywhere both online and off. Microsoft really screwed the pooch with that $500 price point.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

500 dollar drm infested console... tough sell i guess

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By S0lidSnake

@The_Last_Ride said:

Wow... The ignorance... So you think i spam the board with relevant articles? You know what you could do? Stop posting in them if it bothers you... Just ignore my threads and posts if you just don't like them. I am going to discuss them with people that like them. So please get out of these threads or try to be positive

No, you spam the board with threads without putting any effort into them. Whats the difference b/w what you post and whatever is on the front page of Gamespot? Maybe I am old school and have spent nearly 14 years on this board watching people spend time ANALYZING the article they've linked and quoted. People can go to a million different websites to get their news. We come here to discuss opinions just as much as news.

How can you say you want to discuss it with people when you dont even put a single thought of your own in the OPs? Like none.

Maybe I was too harsh earlier but I was sincere in my advice. I can just as easily start posting every single bit of news as a thread, but it would flood the board with news threads that generate no real discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, you spam the board with threads without putting any effort into them. Whats the difference b/w what you post and whatever is on the front page of Gamespot? Maybe I am old school and have spent nearly 14 years on this board watching people spend time ANALYZING the article they've linked and quoted. People can go to a million different websites to get their news. We come here to discuss opinions just as much as news.

How can you say you want to discuss it with people when you dont even put a single thought of your own in the OPs? Like none.

Maybe I was too harsh earlier but I was sincere in my advice. I can just as easily start posting every single bit of news as a thread, but it would flood the board with news threads that generate no real discussion.

ok? So you have been here for 14 years, i have also been here for almost a decade. It's not a competition you know. As i said earlier. If you don't like them, stop bumping them and don't post in them.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

ok? So you have been here for 14 years, i have also been here for almost a decade. It's not a competition you know. As i said earlier. If you don't like them, stop bumping them and don't post in them.

What a shitty reply. I cant believe I actually took some time to explain myself further, but I should've known. You cannot take any constructive criticism whatsoever.

And I hadn;t seen you in GGD/PGD until the new forums. So perhaps you can go back to whatever forum you came from. Maybe they tolerate your shitty OPs in there. We dont.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@nicecall said:

500 dollar drm infested console... tough sell i guess

There's no DRM in the xbox one.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22  Edited By iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

@hennius: You say that yet all I saw through November and December was "Jump In" adverts for Xbox One

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

according to gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/900-000-xbox-ones-went-unsold-worldwide-in-2013/1100-6417303/

Well, perhaps Microcrap will see now that there was no idea in not releasing the X1 in a lot of european countries, if they had that figure might have been 0.

But at least we have Sony who "cares".

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

What a shitty reply. I cant believe I actually took some time to explain myself further, but I should've known. You cannot take any constructive criticism whatsoever.

And I hadn;t seen you in GGD/PGD until the new forums. So perhaps you can go back to whatever forum you came from. Maybe they tolerate your shitty OPs in there. We dont.

Who died and made you the new gamespot admin? perhaps you should take your own advice and vanish like Grammatron.

But thanks for destroying this thread with your OT nonsense.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Guys, seriously? S0lid, you could have done that in a PM dude. A light content OP can still blossom into a good discussion, but a light OP where a fight is started never turns into anything. You say the forum is going to shit, how about you do something about it? Lead by example instead of tearing people down publicly in their threads. It's humiliating, so why act surprised that he responded negatively? Ride has been here since the Lithium forums, (I could swear we used to post together on AnonymousBroccoli's wrestling UCB) He's a good guy and he means no harm.

Let's just be cool to one another and talk about video games, k?

On topic, whether Microsoft was channel stuffing or not, I liked the idea that anyone who wanted one in the regions where they launched who wanted one, could easily, and without hassle, simple get in their car and go and get one. I would never discourage that, it is an ideal they should be working towards and that we should support. BUT, for the people in parts of the world that they choose to not launch in last year, I understand the frustration.

Yeah, you had to go through the launch period craziness of actually trying to score a console with PS4, but you did have some chance to get one, which is better than none. Hopefully one day we can get to a point where new systems are available nearly worldwide at nearly the same time, and in plentiful supply. Till then, it seems to be stuck at either extreme. Available in very small amounts in lots of places, or available in massive quantities in just a few.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Funny, Xbox = wiiu

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@Randolph said:

Guys, seriously? S0lid, you could have done that in a PM dude. A light content OP can still blossom into a good discussion, but a light OP where a fight is started never turns into anything. You say the forum is going to shit, how about you do something about it? Lead by example instead of tearing people down publicly in their threads. It's humiliating, so why act surprised that he responded negatively? Ride has been here since the Lithium forums, (I could swear we used to post together on AnonymousBroccoli's wrestling UCB) He's a good guy and he means no harm.

On topic, whether Microsoft was channel stuffing or not, I liked the idea that anyone who wanted one in the regions where they launched who wanted one, could easily, and without hassle, simple get in their car and go and get one. I would never discourage that, it is an ideal they should be working towards and that we should support. BUT, for the people in parts of the world that they choose to not launch in last year, I understand the frustration.

Yeah, you had to go through the launch period craziness of actually trying to score a console with PS4, but you did have some chance to get one, which is better than none. Hopefully one day we can get to a point where new systems are available nearly worldwide at nearly the same time, and in plentiful supply. Till then, it seems to be stuck at either extreme. Available in very small amounts in lots of places, or available in massive quantities in just a few.

thanks, and yeah that's probably true. It's so long ago.

I think they launched in way to few countries, and that's the Kinect's fault

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Areez

@The_Last_Ride: Out of curiosity, why is it the Kinects fault that the Xbox One did not launch in more countries?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CarnageHeart

@Areez said:

@The_Last_Ride: Out of curiosity, why is it the Kinects fault that the Xbox One did not launch in more countries?

Straight from Penello (MS's Director of Product Planning).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76586679&postcount=37

Launch volumes are not really an issue. This was simply a software issue in terms of getting local language and voice support in the dash. it's pretty straightforward, but disappointing I know for people who are missing launch.

Obviously, I support people waiting for the official supported launch in the affected markets for the best experience ;)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Last_Ride

what Carnage said, they won't release it to countries that don't have the voice recognition set yet. That's why we got screwed

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Areez

@dvader654: Solid is not right....It is his opinion as it is yours....And for crying out loud it is a video game forum...He was just plain rude...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Last_Ride

@Areez said:

@dvader654: Solid is not right....It is his opinion as it is yours....And for crying out loud it is a video game forum...He was just plain rude...

thank you, surely i can improve but i call someone out when i think they are rude

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#34  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Areez said:

He could have been more tactful, but his points were sound. This board used to force everyone to put effort into their threads, and through that we were able to build a strong, intelligent community where civil, respectful discourse reigned above all else, even during the most heated arguments. Now? It might as well be System Wars without as much blatant stupidity and maybe fewer shouting matches and pervasive negativity toward everything. It's a far cry from the relaxed, collected atmosphere we once built.

Solid's one of the people responsible for making this place awesome in the first place, so try to understand how frustrating this all is after all the years of time and energy he helped pour into making this board worth something. I haven't been posting in here nearly as long as the rest of the old GGD crew, but their presence definitely made a huge impact. If you had been posting here regularly these past several years, you'd see that. You'd get why Solid, Dvader, Carnage, Rag, Steel, Godmode, Archangel, Gram, Flames, juradai, Black Knight, F1Legend, Leo, ReddestSkies, Randolph, Dez, myself, and so many others I'm forgetting to name care so damn much about this simple message board. We saved this place from becoming a purgatory of generic threads and mindless discussion into something awesome. And now look at it: might as well not even have bothered at this point.

...Anyways -- just a little something to help kickstart discussion is all we ask. A link and a few words is hardly enough to build off of. No one's forcing anyone to craft well-presented threads (though it would be nice to see more of those), just that everyone do their part to elevate the standards of the board. There's enough throwaway, thoughtless threads in here as is. Don't need to help contribute to it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

And that is a very very bad excuse, they might have had problems with the speech recognition but they even have that now within the countries they released it in, even with american people there are problems.

So what they could have done is either release it with a note, saying as of this moment only English is available but we are working on getting it out as fast as possible. or simply disable it.

The way they did they have a pretty "rich" market in the north and a few other European countries where its not released and people look to Sony because why wait to get on-board the next-gen until Microsoft gets their act together.

Nah, what i think happened is that MS wanted to make sure the american market had enough and now they are left with almost a mill unsold consoles.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jacanuk

@CarnageHeart said:

@Areez said:

Straight from Penello (MS's Director of Product Planning).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76586679&postcount=37

Launch volumes are not really an issue. This was simply a software issue in terms of getting local language and voice support in the dash. it's pretty straightforward, but disappointing I know for people who are missing launch.

Obviously, I support people waiting for the official supported launch in the affected markets for the best experience ;)

And its a bad excuse and i personally dont believe one word.

It´s not like a hardware have been released with only english support in the nordic countries and if you know anything about the nordic, you know they have english in school from almost the 1st grade and have had for a long time, so everyone is decent enough particular the group a X1 would target.

Also if this was the case, why are there talks about Q3 release in 2014 for the X1, almost a year after the rest. i think its a bad excuse

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bigboi500

I like SOlidSnake, he's a good guy most of the time. He's done me that way in the past too though, saying he'd get a moderator to change the title and stuff, that's just being a you-know-what.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 S0lidSnake

@Bigboi500 said:

I like SOlidSnake, he's a good guy most of the time. He's done me that way in the past too though, saying he'd get a moderator to change the title and stuff, that's just being a you-know-what.

lol i vaguely remember that.

i am sure i was 100% in the right.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bigboi500

@S0lidSnake said:

@Bigboi500 said:

lol i vaguely remember that.

i am sure i was 100% in the right.

You always are. :P

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jacanuk

@c_rakestraw said:
@Areez said:

He could have been more tactful, but his points were sound. This board used to force everyone to put effort into their threads, and through that we were able to build a strong, intelligent community where civil, respectful discourse reigned above all else, even during the most heated arguments. Now? It might as well be System Wars without as much blatant stupidity and maybe fewer shouting matches and pervasive negativity toward everything. It's a far cry from the relaxed, collected atmosphere we once built.

Solid's one of the people responsible for making this place awesome in the first place, so try to understand how frustrating this all is after all the years of time and energy he helped pour into making this board worth something. I haven't been posting in here nearly as long as the rest of the old GGD crew, but their presence definitely made a huge impact. If you had been posting here regularly these past several years, you'd see that. You'd get why Solid, Dvader, Carnage, Rag, Steel, Godmode, Archangel, Gram, Flames, juradai, Black Knight, F1Legend, Leo, ReddestSkies, Randolph, Dez, myself, and so many others I'm forgetting to name care so damn much about this simple message board. We saved this place from becoming a purgatory of generic threads and mindless discussion into something awesome. And now look at it: might as well not even have bothered at this point.

...Anyways -- just a little something to help kickstart discussion is all we ask. A link and a few words is hardly enough to build off of. No one's forcing anyone to craft well-presented threads (though it would be nice to see more of those), just that everyone do their part to elevate the standards of the board. There's enough throwaway, thoughtless threads in here as is. Don't need to help contribute to it.

No matter what Solid´s points is considered, they are off-topic for this debate and should have been taken in a pm or in a thread separate from this. And if i am not mistaken i think Gamespot used to have a rule that said "stay on topic"

Also how can anyone at gamespot force posts to become more articulate or make well-researched posts, did you use to ban people who posted less?

Another thing is the tone i get from your post is kinda insulting to Ride and anyone else who doesn't have English as their first language and as a moderator you should really in my opinion try to be less opinionated and actually try to take a more neutral stand on posters and posts. Because yes we get that you and solid and dvader are a part of the old guard but stop dwelling in the past, we get that you and others enjoyed that hostile tone, but from a poster who have tried your "way" and this new gamespot, i like the new gamespot a lot more. Its hundred times more inviting to new people and you dont get insulted with a twist by someone who is either a teacher or have read one to many thesaurus.

As to Ride´s post i think its fine and have gotten debates started just fine, so i dont get this hostility all of the sudden. Also if you, Dvader, solid or anyone else from the old guard wants to have a more intelligent debate, i dont think anyone would prevent you from making your own posts and just ignoring the lesser folk´s posts.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Bigboi500 said:

That's partially my fault. Anytime anyone asks that a thread title be changed, I usually comply without question (within reason).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bigboi500

@c_rakestraw said:
@Bigboi500 said:

That's partially my fault. Anytime anyone asks that a thread title be changed, I usually comply without question (within reason).

Does that mean you're a you-know-what too? lol

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Bigboi500 said:
@c_rakestraw said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Does that mean you're a you-know-what too? lol

...Maybe.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

Solid is 100% right. The_Last_Ride makes too many threads, and the vast majority of his OPs are 1-liners. Sometimes, all his OP is is some 1-line question that he doesn't even answer himself. Put some effort in your OPs, or stop making threads. But I think that the problem with this forum is that The_Last_Ride is not even close to being the worst thread starter. He doesn't contribute to them much, but some people do. And at least he doesn't create list threads very often, those are the worst.

Now that writeup-less list threads are tolerated, the board is littered with them, and sometimes you can see the exact same list question in two different threads on the first page. This forum was a lot better when your thread would get locked if you didn't put meat in the OP, and it should get back to that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@ReddestSkies said:

Solid is 100% right. The_Last_Ride makes too many threads, and the vast majority of his OPs are 1-liners. Sometimes, all his OP is is some 1-line question that he doesn't even answer himself. Put some effort in your OPs, or stop making threads. But I think that the problem with this forum is that The_Last_Ride is not even close to being the worst thread starter. He doesn't contribute to them much, but some people do. And at least he doesn't create list threads very often, those are the worst.

Now that writeup-less list threads are tolerated, the board is littered with them, and sometimes you can see the exact same list question in two different threads on the first page. This forum was a lot better when your thread would get locked if you didn't put meat in the OP, and it should get back to that.

As it is right now with Ride there would be almost 0 good new threads so honestly i cant see a problem. in fact even if there was i still would not see a problem, after all this is a forum not a mensa knitting club

Also I think some people just like to complain and do it in the wrong thread, ;)

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@ReddestSkies said:

As it is right now with Ride there would be almost 0 good new threads so honestly i cant see a problem. in fact even if there was i still would not see a problem, after all this is a forum not a mensa knitting club

Also I think some people just like to complain and do it in the wrong thread, ;)

I'm not even asking for intelligent threads. I'd just like the forum to go back to its old rules. No list threads without write-ups, and no 1-line OP.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CarnageHeart

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

And that is a very very bad excuse, they might have had problems with the speech recognition but they even have that now within the countries they released it in, even with american people there are problems.

So what they could have done is either release it with a note, saying as of this moment only English is available but we are working on getting it out as fast as possible. or simply disable it.

The way they did they have a pretty "rich" market in the north and a few other European countries where its not released and people look to Sony because why wait to get on-board the next-gen until Microsoft gets their act together.

Nah, what i think happened is that MS wanted to make sure the american market had enough and now they are left with almost a mill unsold consoles.

It would be stupid, but MS (and Sony and Nintendo) are fully capable of being stupid. Still, I admit that Penello has lied to people's faces when it suited MS's purposes, so his claims should be taken with a grain of salt.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

And a lot of people are pissed. Norway was pretty Xbox oriented. I even know a few people that imported one and you know we do know english... We'll be very lucky if it even launches here this year by the looks of it. And i even have proof that MS has had YEARS to make this work. Journalists and gamers in general were invited by MS themselves to make the voice recognition back in 2012. So this is bs

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

And a lot of people are pissed. Norway was pretty Xbox oriented. I even know a few people that imported one and you know we do know english... We'll be very lucky if it even launches here this year by the looks of it. And i even have proof that MS has had YEARS to make this work. Journalists and gamers in general were invited by MS themselves to make the voice recognition back in 2012. So this is bs

Ya as of right now i kinda believe the reports saying Q3 but its ridiculous , its almost a year after its initial release and release in countries that's neighbours.

Also they have had years and knowledge that one of the hardest things to produce is speech recognition, there is a reason after all still today even apple are not keen on their Siri project but at least that works even if you have a kinda strong english accent, as long as you speak clearly it works.

So i am hoping there will be a rebel in most people who are thinking about buying a X1 and they rethink that decision and let MS know by their wallets staying in the pockets. but that probably wont happen.