8 Minutes from Dragon Age Inquisition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

According to Bioware it's around 150 hours with the sidequests. So it's about the same as Origins. Really glad i am getting this

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Obviously you don't choose your games based on how muching padding it has.... What other criteria do you use ?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Looks sweet! Origins' great tactical combat is back and the environments are really beautiful and fluid. I trust Bioware have done a fine job in creating an immersive atmosphere and story. Inquisition along with the Witcher 3 promise great times to RPG fans.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Can't wait to play this game.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I don't care how many hours it takes to 'complete,' Bioware hasn't been themselves lately and I'm hoping that changes with this game.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

This game will be great, obviously. Now I'm not gonna watch more footage and spoil this great experience.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Wow that looks awesome. This game is going to be AMAZING, I so can't wait for Nov. 18th.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mastermetal777

@Archangel3371: Man, I wish it wasn't delayed till November! Oh well, I'll just play Destiny in the meantime XD

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Went from a CPRG to a generic action game attempting to net the skyrim younglings.

Not for me, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars Of Eternity e.t.c.. closer to what Dragon Age should have been.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@Archangel3371: Man, I wish it wasn't delayed till November! Oh well, I'll just play Destiny in the meantime XD

Yeah same here. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Destiny ?

just when I think I had you figured out. :(

is it true what they say, is Destiny just Borderlands with different aesthetics ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: My gaming tastes are too out there to truly figure me out. If you wanna know a sample of my gaming tastes, check out my top 10 favorite games stack on my profile.

As for Destiny, I can tell you this after having played the beta: Hell no. It may share similarities with Borderlands, but I feel it's too broad to try and compare it to other games. It's like a mesh between an MMO (social features and mission setup), Halo (overall gunplay), Borderlands (loot and guns), Mass Effect (atmosphere and aesthetic), and Call of Duty (multiplayer setup without the imbalance). It's essentially an MMO shooter without truly being an MMO. The shooting is simple, but tight and very well done, the enemies are intelligent and feel like a true challenge, the co-op is amazing, and the atmosphere is incredible. Don't know too much about the story as of yet, but I have high hopes for it. Honestly, it feels like a bigger breath of fresh air than Titanfall was claimed to be for the shooter genre. As a side note, I'm a Warlock all day every day.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Im guessing this game huge?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

I watched the whole eight minutes, and didn't get any emotional response whatsoever.

The combat is now some weird action-RPG thing. It's as if they wanted to make Dark Souls 3 rather than Dragon Age 3. They still include the overhead view option, but it doesn't look like you'll need it for the vast majority of battles. It didn't even look like they needed it for the boss battle, since half of the archers were still alive at the end of the battle.

As for everything else, the combat looks flashy but doesn't seem to have any weight to it. The UI looks console-centric, and I'm not confident that this control scheme will work on a keyboard. The art design is standard generic dark fantasy. And the conversations look boring as hell (the one at the end lacks any sort of energy to it).

So yeah, I don't see anything to get excited about. Or to put it another way, nothing in that 8 minute video excited me.

Meanwhile, CD Prokekt released a 6 minute gameplay video of The Witcher 3 yesterday, without any voice over telling us what we should be excited about. It looks spectacular. I can't wait for thay game to be released.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

Whats funny is people actually think Action games don't have Tactics and Strategies just as good as any strategy game.

As if some how pausing the game and changing the camera is gona make a huge difference.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Obviously you don't choose your games based on how muching padding it has.... What other criteria do you use ?

No i don't, i choose quality. And the series has been quality so far, 2 less than Origins. But still good

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Hmm, can't say that it looked like something i would need to get on release day like most bioware games.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Planeforger

@The_Last_Ride: Seriously? Origins was 70 hours long and featured absolutely awful padding the entire way through. Sections like The Deep Roads and The Fade went on five times longer than they needed to, and half of the environments featured the same 2-3 fights over and over again. It was the only Bioware game I've ever had to force myself to finish.

And Lulu, you haven't played Baldurs Gate 2, so you're not in a position to talk about these things. In any case, even if action games could have the same strategic depth as turn-based ones (which I don't believe they can - not compared to things like Frozen Synapse especially), *this* game in particular looks like you can get away with mashing a few attack buttons for most of the fights.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mastermetal777

Destiny ?

just when I think I had you figured out. :(

is it true what they say, is Destiny just Borderlands with different aesthetics ?

even if that were true, there's something to be said for a Borderlands without the attempts at humor. It's funny sometimes, but it's like living with Robin Williams...eventually you just want to punch him in the face.

There are similarities, but whereas Borderlands emphasizes more its RPG side, Destiny emphasizes its shooter side.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@Planeforger said:

@The_Last_Ride: Seriously? Origins was 70 hours long and featured absolutely awful padding the entire way through. Sections like The Deep Roads and The Fade went on five times longer than they needed to, and half of the environments featured the same 2-3 fights over and over again. It was the only Bioware game I've ever had to force myself to finish.

And Lulu, you haven't played Baldurs Gate 2, so you're not in a position to talk about these things. In any case, even if action games could have the same strategic depth as turn-based ones (which I don't believe they can - not compared to things like Frozen Synapse especially), *this* game in particular looks like you can get away with mashing a few attack buttons for most of the fights.

No, it was longer. Did you do all the sidequests? When i was done i was around 130/140 hours. I also played Awakening and the DLC with it made it around 170 hours

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@Planeforger

Theres a big difference between Strategy and Micromanagement + Optimization.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Ish_basic

That doesn't sound very addictive... Think they can sustain that long term ?

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Game looks cool and all. I really want to play it but first I need to see how bad EA is going to try and screw us with DLC. DLC practices have been getting out of hand as of late. I rarely buy games day 1 anymore because of it. If a game company feels they need to **** us over I'll wait a few months and buy the game used for $15.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger

@The_Last_Ride: I was going by my Steam clock, which says 68 hours. It might be a little off.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I did everything, and I certainly didn't miss 70 hours worth of content.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Planeforger said:

@The_Last_Ride: I was going by my Steam clock, which says 68 hours. It might be a little off.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I did everything, and I certainly didn't miss 70 hours worth of content.

i tracked it with Raptr so i knew how much i played, i have played through the game two times and i have played 237 hours and i pretty much did everything in both playthroughs