This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8f94ef38509
deactivated-5d8f94ef38509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d8f94ef38509
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

I’ve sunk hundreds of hours into the Civilization series, from the first to the fifth. No doubt i’ll be doing the same when I can buy Civ 6 at a reasonable price.

Anyway, i’ve been trying to expand into other 4x games, I currently have my eye on games where I can build a galactic empire. Some games i’ve considered:

Endless Space 2 - I have put a few hours into this, having bought it and most of its DLC in a recent Steam sale. It was a bit of a gamble since I already own Endless Legend, a game I couldn’t really get into due to its clunky UI. I’ve enjoyed Endless Space 2 so far though, plan to play it some more.

Stellaris - This looks promising though its price (including the numerous DLC) puts me off

Galactic Civilizations III - it’s currently on sale on Steam which is tempting me. Is it different enough from Endless Space 2 to make it worthwhile for me though?

So, basically, what’s the best 4x space game? Any good ones which I haven’t mentioned would be good to hear about too.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 396 Posts

Stellaris is probably the best one that I've played but with so much DLC I'd definitely wait for a sale.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is good to but is more of a traditional RTS than 4x. Like a Stellaris Lite so to speak.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1847 Posts

Okay, I'd encourage you to research these carefully by reading the steam reviews both positive and negative.

I used to love the old Master of Orion stuff but honestly I haven't found anything that lives up to the original greatness of these games since.

I tried Sins of a Solar Empire which was okay - like 6/10.

And I've also tried Galactic Civilizations III: I tried it awhile back but found it too complicated and confusing to get into.