#1 Posted by Apocalyzm (28 posts) -

So i know that i gonna buy a 3ds or PSvita but i dont know wich one. So i´m asking for some help to decide.

The most game i will play is jrpg and some rpg. Ask some question if you wondering something

#2 Edited by Archangel3371 (22909 posts) -

Initially I was going to say go with the 3DS because it has more games to choose from however if you have PS+ and continue to keep it you get "free" games for it each month.

#3 Edited by Apocalyzm (28 posts) -

I dont have a ps3 or ps4, so no i dont have ps+, and i dont think i will get it

#4 Posted by outworld222 (2856 posts) -

@apocalyzm: Well I would get a 3DS, that way you can experience all the DS games which has a huge library of RPG games.

#5 Edited by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

@apocalyzm: Since you don't own those consoles or ps plus, I would say just get the 3ds. But you will be missing out on Persona 4 golden.

#6 Posted by Apocalyzm (28 posts) -
@marcheegsr said:

@apocalyzm: Since you don't own those consoles or ps plus, I would say just get the 3ds. But you will be missing out on Persona 4 golden.

I have persona 4 to ps2 so i think its okey

#7 Edited by Ballroompirate (25868 posts) -

You can't go wrong with ether, I'd see which hand held has the most games you want/interested in and go from there.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
#8 Posted by jasonredemption (663 posts) -

Hardware: PS Vita hands down. It's a quality made piece of equipment and it plays wonderfully, after owning a PSV I bought a 3DS and I couldn't get over how cheap it felt.

Games: 3DS hands down. There are so many games on the 3DS I'd love to play if it weren't for the two screens and the cheap-feel the 3DS has. This is not to say that the PS Vita games are bad it's just that the Vita is like the Wii U. Nintendo is focusing on the 3DS and so you see maybe 1-3 new Wii U games a year whereas Playstation is focusing on the PS4/PS3 so the Vita gets like 1-5 new games a year.

#9 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

If you never owned a DS, get a 3ds for sure- you'd have the entire(or nearly) DS library, which includes a whole slew of RPGs(Japanese and Western), and the 3ds library which, while light on RPGs at the moment, has lots of other great games.

#10 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

I own both handhelds and play the 3DS about 95% of the time. The Vita is a great piece of hardware, but lacks the quality retail exclusives that the 3DS has. If you own a PS3 that negates about 50% of the Vita library right there. If you own a PSP that cuts out another significant portion of potential games for the Vita's lackluster library.

#11 Posted by Refresh220 (49 posts) -

I would say go with Vita. I use my Vita ALL the time, theres so much you can do on it. I have a 3DS too but I barely play it.

#12 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

If u have or plan to get ps4 a vita is a great thing to have

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14579 posts) -

Not sure which I'd pick to be honest... both have their pros & cons.

#14 Posted by tempura13 (523 posts) -

Touch choice, really.

For reference, I bought a Vita for my (J)RPG needs (just like the PSP). This year has been a fantastic one for the Vita so far, especially for those who likes niche Japanese games. But the 3DS has also have lots of offerings I've been wanting to play too.

Both are backwards compatible, so you can check out past games you missed out.

Try comparing the libraries of the two platforms, and decide from there which one appeals to you the most. Also, don't buy into people saying that the Vita's library is lacking (or the insufferable "no games" tagline). They're just living in denial at this point.

#15 Edited by Apocalyzm (28 posts) -

This is hard for me right now because i dont have money to buy both and i really want to have a hand console. I know a few games i want to get to 3ds: bravely default, kingdom hearts, pokemon Y/X some of the final fantasy games but for the vita i dont know any games at all expect final fantasy X remake and persona 4. So right know i think i will get 3ds

If you think i make the wrong buy make me change my mind

#16 Posted by tempura13 (523 posts) -
@apocalyzm said:

This is hard for me right now because i dont have money to buy both and i really want to have a hand console. I know a few games i want to get to 3ds: bravely default, kingdom hearts, pokemon Y/X some of the final fantasy games but for the vita i dont know any games at all expect final fantasy X remake and persona 4. So right know i think i will get 3ds

If you think i make the wrong buy make me change my mind

You can add Fire Emblem and Rune Factory in there too :3

But since you just mentioned (J)RPGs, let's go into the sub-genres: Do you also like rougelike RPGs? Strategy RPGs? How about Action RPGs? Sandbox-y RPGs?

Folks here can give you more specific recommendations based on your preferences.

#17 Edited by Apocalyzm (28 posts) -

I like rougelike, action and strategy rpgs.

So if you have any good rpgs to 3ds just recommend them plz