sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 285 Posts

So, if you aren't aware by now, there's going to be an MMO set in the Aliens universe. Ripley, xenomorphs and all that. As far as I'm concerned - and I'm giving clear reasoning as to why - hear are three concrete elements of it that would make it solid and prompt me to buy it:

1) It needs different types of the xenomorphs. Like it or not, the ones that are born from humans alone aren't enough of a threat to the universe unless there's random ships carrying them. And they have parasite level intelligence. We need something bigger than that.

2) Different playable species and factions other than human marines. You can't convince me even for a minute that humans and xenomorphs are the only legit lifeforms in that setting. The second movie proved there's other intelligent life. We could have species that have aligned themselves with the Marines, or also evil races that act in the interest of profiting in their own ways from the monsters, like Weyland-Yutani.

3) A sandbox to stock up and collect human or alien weaponry in. And rec time sandboxes bigger than the ones in Destiny.

*Drops the mic, pulls out assault rifle*

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2273 Posts

I would get pregnant...Even though it will kill me, my memories will stay intact with the alien. So, a part of me would be still living inside the alien which would have minor influences from the host. So, everything will be kind of okay at the end.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21689 Posts

Do we actually know anything about this game? Aside from the fact it will likely bomb and be taken offline in a year?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

Wait, what?

An Alien MMO?

That could be cool. Hopefully it's a class-based MMOFPS Aliens vs Predator game.

The MMO FPS sub-genre needs more games!

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 2237 Posts

I did always find it curious how the crew of the Nostromo weren't more astounded to discover an alien civilization. Like humanity had seen that type of thing before.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5389 Posts

@watercrack445: Oh. That's cool. The first Alien hybrid to play videogames.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36436 Posts

As long as not a crappy top-down MMO and more an action shooter that isn't a a cheap free-to-play game loaded with microtransactions then that's a start.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

As long as not a crappy top-down MMO and more an action shooter that isn't a a cheap free-to-play game loaded with microtransactions then that's a start.

Right? Give me a subscription-based MMO over free-to-play any day of the week. You get what you pay for.

@ezekiel43 said:

I did always find it curious how the crew of the Nostromo weren't more astounded to discover an alien civilization. Like humanity had seen that type of thing before.

Yeah they sort of looked at it like it was a curiosity, not so much a discovery. LIke "Oh wow, aliens, that's cool"