Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

Through these last 5 years which were the best 5 PC games for you and why did you pick them?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#2  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts
  1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Cool open world, lots of content, lots of ways to approach every mission, excellent arsenal of weapons and gadgets at your disposal.
  2. Grand Theft Auto 5 - Another great open world, lots of content, excellent variety of missions, interesting story.
  3. Tomb Raider - Great adventure game, lots of action, the characters and story could be a little cheesy at times but I liked the game alot.
  4. Bioshock: Infinite - Interesting immersive "Sky" themed world, still felt like a Bioshock game with a good twist, liked the story alot.
  5. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Another very immersive, spooky game with a great story.
pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

It's hard to pick 5 games and rank them so I'll do something else instead. I'll write about a PC game I liked per year from 2011 to 2016. Not necessarily the best game of the year but one I really liked:

2011-The Witcher 2: The Witcher 2 is probably the best in the Witcher series with an engaging story, smaller scope than 3 of course but much more focused and has branching paths that change about half of the game. People love Witcher 3 and it's a good game but they should really give 2 a chance too. It looks beautiful even today on PC thanks to very high resolution textures that machines at the time of release could barely handle.

2012-Dishonored: Yes this is the year Dark Souls came out for PC but it was a mess technically. Dishonored on the other hand offered a great experience with lots of variety on how to approach situations and lots of options. The world was beautifully built. It's a shame that the main story was predictable and lackluster. Still great game. Also don't overlook the 2 story DLC that combine to give a second campaign almost as long and engaging as the main game.

2013-Bioshock Infinite: Yes, I've read the criticism, I agree with some of it too. Still it's the best FPS I've ever played (I'm not much of an FPS player though) with an amazingly crafted story told through narrative and environments. The first DLC was a bit of disappointment but the second one was really good.

2014-Dark Souls 2: Many people consider it inferior to 1 and it is in some aspects. Still I like its mechanics better and the fact that it's a bit easier. The main reason I like it better than 1, though, is that it was a proper PC port and runs on 60 fps. It was the first souls game that was significantly better on PC.

2015-Life is Strange: Is it the best game of 2015? No. It's not very good as an adventure game. However it deserves a mention for how much it made me care for the characters. The graphics and music give off a warmness and there is much attention to detail in all the environments. The same developers made Remember me which is often overlooked but is a very engaging action game. It looks great on PC.

2016-Tyranny: Although Tyranny didn't live up to all the lofty expectation I had, it's still one of the best RPGs of recent years and criminally underrated. You play an evil character, that is the main draw, but the way evil works in the world and the world building make it much more interesting than a comic-book narrative one might imagine. It also has a lot of replayability with whole sections of the game and whole questlines being optional or mutually exclusive.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

For me?

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover with Team Fusion mod - Battle of Britain setting

Aerofly FS - I love flying above the Swiss countryside

Far Cry 4 - Reset Outpost mode; free explore with bad guys and no SP campaign restrictions

Fallout 4 - RPG with guns. Being less of a pure RPG doesn't make it any less fun.

Doom 2016 - I like fast run n gun