1up' Soul Calibur legends is (Wii)s best 3rd person hack and slash'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

A whole-load-of-new-pics-here :)

Soul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentationsSoul Calibur Legends fait les présentations

Soul Calibur Legends fait les présentations

EDIT: Well the latest 1up preview says:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163923

After playing a few levels of a preview copy, we're not entirely sure what to think of Soul Calibur Legends. It's the best third-person brawler we've played on Wii, but there's not exactly a lot of competition there, considering the last one we tried had trouble even distinguishing between vertical and horizontal movements.

Legends has issues with awkward animation transitions when you're not swinging your blade, and environments that don't seem to have a lot going on in them, but the combat system works pretty well -- especially with the faster characters where you get quick feedback on your motions. Ivy's launcher where you flick the remote back to send an enemy into the air feels great, and a lot of the aerial attacks and quick combos work well when fending off crowds.

It doesn't all play out as fluidly as the Soul Calibur fighting games at this point, and perhaps that's an unfair comparison because of the genre shift, but we're hoping that as we spend more time with the game and learn more maneuvers, everything will start to flow a bit better.

Anyhow there are new videos which look a lot better HERE:!

Looks allright-ish

Oh New-videos:) trailer

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Kinda reminds me of an Xbox-game in graphics.
EvilTaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 EvilTaru
Member since 2002 • 58394 Posts

Kinda reminds me of an Xbox-game in graphics.KeeperofDingo

Really? This looks more like a middle-of-the-road PS2 game. Even if the wii can't pump out PS3/xbox360-quality graphics, there's no excuse for a wii game to look like this.

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts

[QUOTE="KeeperofDingo"]Kinda reminds me of an Xbox-game in graphics.EvilTaru

Really? This looks more like a middle-of-the-road PS2 game. Even if the wii can't pump out PS3/xbox360-quality graphics, there's no excuse for a wii game to look like this.

I meant early Xbox game graphics, and that is definitely underwhelming for a Wii game. Namco needs to focus more on putting decent graphics into this.
TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

[QUOTE="KeeperofDingo"]Kinda reminds me of an Xbox-game in graphics.EvilTaru

yeah, it does look PS2-ish

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Im not too excited for this. I was when it was announced, not anymore.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
Well, at least they look good as thumbnails.
RyanWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RyanWare
Member since 2002 • 12113 Posts
Good to see the Dreamcast alive and kicking. Oh wait.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
this isn't a game I banked a lot of hopes on at any stage so if it turns out alright, then Yay!, if not ... *shrugs*
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gaminggeek

In other hack and slash news here's a One Chanbara screen for wii

Didn't this game come out like a year ago on another platform? :?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts
Looking not bad. I'm still keeping an eye on it but with all the other great games I want to get when I get a Wii I honestly don't know if this will be one I ever get around to picking up. Most likely it will probably be one of those games that I rent.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
For some reason, maybe I need my eyes adjusted, but I really don't think this game looks that bad...Sure maybe the graphics aren't that great, but I think the artstyle looks really solid...In fact, I would say the game looks like it has some character, which is more than I can say for half of the next-gen games that have been released. However, if it is indeed merely a hack n' slash with no depth whatsoever, color me overwhemingly unimpressed, but thats nearly impossible to tell just looking at the screens. I the game would be awesome if it implemented some sort of Bushido-Blade esque combat system.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaminggeek

It does look really shallow Hi Res but the previews I've read say that it controls well and is fun for what it is. Looks likea rental. Graphically it looks OK to me, lets not kid ourselves, its not even up there with the best of the last generation but it's by no means as fugly as some of the guys here are saying. Then again I can still find DC graphics attractive. Shenmue anyone? :P

Anyhow I posted new videos and at 60 FPS with the animation it looks better. Shallow as hell though.

EDIT: Damnit gamespot! :evil: Your HTML is not well formed??! Shove it up your ass! Damn well ruined it. I was going to post all the shots.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gaminggeek

Bumped for new videos and new 1up preview see first post :)

Hrmp! The new videos look fun. I may have to try this out when its cheaper. Click the new video I linked, let it play through and it will automatically go onto the next one.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

It looks combat-heavy, which is understandable.

But I was hoping Namco would take a clue from Sony of Santa Monica and incorporate some genre-bending platforming action, puzzle solving, battling screen-sized bosses, with the hack-n-slashing if you know what I mean.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. Thing is, it'sway tooeasy to set a milestone for third person action games on the Wii.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gaminggeek

New pics: See first post :shock: Asteroth.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gaminggeek

CRAP! What did imagecrap do to my pics above :evil:

They are suppossed to look like this:

Oh and everyone check this out, its another hack and slash wii game it looks very familiar to me, what the hell is it?

link

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
As long as the game is responsive, with good gameplay, combos, enemy design, boss battles and level design then it´ll sell just fine. I´m still confortable with previous gen graphics. BTW, what was that game with the Cowboy girl? Is she wearing a ....feather boa?!?:|?!?
XBebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XBebop
Member since 2003 • 1414 Posts
To be honest, if developers put some time and effort into the graphics, every Wii game would look as good as SMG, MP3 and even Ninja Gaiden Black on the XBox.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I still feel this game is going to be average at best, it defines the words generic and lifeless.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Oh and everyone check this out, its another hack and slash wii game it looks very familiar to me, what the hell is it?

link

gaminggeek

Err "My name is Tints"? "Sensual 4 Hits"? Sounds like my kind of game.

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

link

nopalversion

Err "My name is Tints"? "Sensual 4 Hits"? Sounds like my kind of game.

That game is almost disturbing. Woman in Lingerie with sword and cowboy hat fights the evil legions of something!

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gaminggeek

I still feel this game is going to be average at best, it defines the words generic and lifeless.Caviglia

Yeah I don't think it will be the best game. I just like keeping an eye on it. I think eventually somehow I will end up trying it out, but if it reviews poorly there's no way I'm paying new game money for it.