10 Things Fallout 4 NEEDS!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EthanSchroeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By EthanSchroeder
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I love me some Fallout, that's for sure, and with Bethesda going to PAX East and having their own hour long panel at E3 2015, us Fallout fans have some hope that Fallout 4 will come. we haven't had a fallout game in 5 YEARS! and that's only if you count New Vegas, so if Fallout 4 ever comes out, here are my suggestions on how to make it great.

1. Good PC support/compatibility, need i say more?

2. Vehicles, like ones we can drive. that'll be so cool, driving around the wasteland in your beat up 1950 Buick Roadmaster.

3. Lots of Vaults to explore! I don't know about you guys, but for some odd reason, i loved going in the vaults, and not necessarily abandoned ones

4. Setting possibly farther north? so maybe we can deal with the harshness of winter?

5. Great radio, with awesome songs, just like 3 and new vegas

6. Multiplayer version, or option

7. Bigger open world, where you can actually go in the downtown city.

8. A weather system! that would be so cool, you walking around the wasteland, then suddenly, boom! it

's raining (maybe acid rain? ;) )

9. Better crafting, (fallout 3, i'm looking at you.)

10. Races! i heard this on newfallout.com, and it would be so cool if you could choose between human, ghoul, super mutant, etc.

So there ya have it, my 10 fallout 4 MUST HAVES. and remember, War, War never changes ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You want all that more than you want better gameplay ?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
  • "Vehicles, like ones we can drive. that'll be so cool, driving around the wasteland in your beat up 1950 Buick Roadmaster."

How would there be vehicles? It's a post-nuclear wasteland. Cars would have been destroyed, or too much time would have passed for them to work anymore. Where would they get fuel?

• "Lots of Vaults to explore! I don't know about you guys, but for some odd reason, i loved going in the vaults, and not necessarily abandoned ones."

There are plenty of vaults already...too many more and it gets ridiculous.

• "Great radio, with awesome songs, just like 3 and new vegas."

I see no reason why they wouldn't use the same kind of music. Big Band is part of the soul of Fallout.

• "Multiplayer version, or option."

Are you insane?

• "Bigger open world, where you can actually go in the downtown city."

You could do that in FO3... and also, bigger =/= better.

I agree with all of your other points though, especially the weather thing. Acid rain would be badass.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I vote for having better story, improving the normal shooting mechanics while keeping the VATS system, and making the world feel just slightly less drab in color, like how New Vegas was, only more of it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Keep multiplayer away from it, vehicles may take away from the game I don't think it'd be a good idea, or see how it'd work (wouldn't you be too powerful? Running down all the enemies etc.). All I know is, if they show a Fallout 4 trailer at E3 this year I will cry tears of joy, yes I love Fallout that much, xD

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

To address some of those....

(#2) I think vehicles are a terrible idea. I think they would ruin the exploration.

(#4) If you're suggesting somewhere outside of the US, then there's hardly even a remote possibility that will happen. And I don't particularly like the idea of a Fallout winter-esque setting. Maybe a region where there is snow/blizzards would be okay. But I don't think the next Fallout "needs" that.

(#6) Introducing MP into Fallout would be a waste of resources. I think it should stay a SP experience only.

Of course I just picked out the ones I didn't like and am probably just sounding mean. 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are all fair, though rather basic, things to want and expect from the next game. 8 and 10 sound kinda neat but I wouldn't label them as a necessity. I do like the idea of a weather system. I know it rained sometimes in Honest Hearts, which was pretty cool.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

You want all that more than you want better gameplay ?

haha

the most obvious was overlooked by the TC, your right too.

I love liked Fallout Vegas, but the actual game play wasn't great. Exploring the world and the story kept me interested in the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@thehig1:

That wouldn't work for me..... :(

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#8 matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

Better overall AI for NPCs. A bigger wasteland with improved environment. Long and deep quests (as Fallout 3 had), and not shorts and stupid as New Vegas's (I remember having like 20 quests active at the same time)

And please no multiplayer that would f*** up the entirely experience

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:
  • "Vehicles, like ones we can drive. that'll be so cool, driving around the wasteland in your beat up 1950 Buick Roadmaster."

How would there be vehicles? It's a post-nuclear wasteland. Cars would have been destroyed, or too much time would have passed for them to work anymore. Where would they get fuel?

Actually Fallout 2 had a "drivable" car. Once you acquired it your fast travel took less time and you could store items in the trunk.

As for the question of Fuel, in Fallout 3 and onwards the retro art deco style of the pre-war "present" included Nuclear-powered cars (that appear to be based on the Ford Nucleon, a ridiculous concept car design that Ford came up with back in the 50s. This is why most cars in the Fallout world (at least in 3) explode and splash radiation when damaged too badly.

The drivable car in Fallout 2 had some sort of energy cell that you had to replace if I remember correctly, but it's been a long time.

-Byshop

EthanSchroeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EthanSchroeder

@BattleSpectre: oh please, if they announced fallout 4 at e3, i would drop to the ground and bawl tears of joy. lol

EthanSchroeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EthanSchroeder

@Kevlar101: yes, now i understand that multiplayer would ruin the game, haha and you DID have some valid points, what with the vehicles and such.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Better gunplay would be nice.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

Most of the things you mentioned in you list were either already in the previous Fallout games or not needed, like multiplayer or vehicles.

The one new thing I would like to see most in Fallout is better characters. Bethesda has a bad habit of making games with 4 interesting supporting characters while everyone else is copy paste boring. Also, how about a game release that isn't a buggy waste for the first 3 months after launch. I've leaned my lesson about pre-ordering Bethesda games.

However the most important thing to any Bethesda game has always been and will continue to be THE MODS

The things the modding community did with Skyrim is amazing. I easily got 1000 hours of gameplay off that game due to the mods. I can't wait to see the mods of Fallout

One more thing, energy weapons. Obsidian gave no love to energy weapons in New Vegas.

ice_ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ice_ranger
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

I want more creepy and intense moments

Leon_Zhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Leon_Zhu

I want flatout 4 context to set on China, that would be definitely more attracting for tons of thousands of people there