Lethal_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Lethal_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
Fans of the dreamcast (myself included) have always said that it is the great system that never got a real chance.  The stable of games was small, but the good games were true classics.  Does anyone else feel that the GC will suffer the same fate?  It seems like a classic example of quality over quantitiy to me.  Both systems have a small library compared to their competitors, but the games that were worth getting were also worth treasuring.  How many good games does a system need to have to be worth tracking down?
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Most likely.Nintendo has a hard time getting their 1st party software games out on time for there primary launch consoles much less try to develop for both the Wii and Cube.Although if their GPUs(Hollywood) are identical then it would seem that the Cube could get ports from the Wii. I mean all they would have to do is take the motion-sensoring stuff out.I hated it when my Dreamcast lost its support from developers. I honestly thought Nintendo was going down the same road as Sega, and become a strict software developer.I bought a Gamecube before I got my xbox and I loved it.Graphically they were the same but xbox had the online setup Sorry to ramble and to answer the question I would say YES.
00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
They can be compared, but they don't share quite the same life spans, sales figures, etc.  GameCube went strong with plenty of profits and paved the way for the Wii.  Dreamcast paved the way for different people, but didn't continue their own hardware.
manic111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 manic111
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
Shouldnt you have asked this question at the start of the GC's lifespan rather than the end?
Lethal_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lethal_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

Shouldnt you have asked this question at the start of the GC's lifespan rather than the end?manic111

At the start we didn't know how things would pan out.  when a system is released, noone can say how well it will do or what kind of market it will appeal to.  Look at the 360, many saw it as another more of the same system, but has proven to ready to realese some top shelf games.  When the DC came out it was king of the hill and then the PS1 dropped and the media flurry overshadowed the good work that DC developers were doing.  I am curious how gaming history will view the GC.  Will it be like the PS2 where everyone agrees it had a good run, but was ready to move on or will it be forgotten by most and honored by others? 

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
If the gamecube went down the dreamcast path it would not have lasted five years and had another system come after it (Wii). Gamecube might have had a small library of games but it did not stop just after two years.
0v3rcl0ck3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 0v3rcl0ck3d
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts
Also although nintnedo didnt come out of the gamecube winning the trust of the avge consumer its not like tey didnt make money. Which I dont think Sega made much money of the dreamcast as they dont make consoles anymore.
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
nah i don't think so. dreamcast bombed because the ps2 came out like a year later and it pwned dreamcast in every category except for games basically at the time
gamecube's different it didn't do that well since the 3rd-party support & multimedia functions were lacking. dreamcast didn't have that problem.
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

No because the Dreamcast and Gamecube were two different consoles. Even if you look at third party support (EA Games) the cube did better than the Dreamcast.  

Even now the Dreamcast still has a lot of fans and the odd game is still being produced for it which I really don't see happening with the cube. After this summer I don't see any cube games coming out whereas I still see the odd game coming out for Sega's last machine.

Funny how people got excited about Radio Allergy (Radigry) one of the last Gamecube games to come out which after all was Dreamcast port.

If the Gamecube didn't do as well as it did and the Wii never came out, Nintendo stopped making any new consoles/heldhelds and went completely into making games for other people then you could make a stronger case about Dreamcast and Gamecube.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

The difference to me is that the DREAMCAST deserved its fate and the GAMECUBE didn't (just my personal opinion).

I honestly feel that the DREAMCAST bombed for a reason; the PS1 was just that much better. Now, when it comes to the NGC, I can't say the same, because I liked the NGC more than its competitors.

Rayze78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Rayze78
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
I think I read somewhere recently that the Dreamcast was released a few months before it was actually scheduled. It was a surprise, even to developers. This could have given it a slow start since many games werent even finished for the scheduled launch. I've never followed or even played a DC game, but it does have a fan base still. The Gamecube could have been better if they went with a DVD ROM setup rather than a minidisc. I would think they would have learned their lesson with the cartridge based N64 when everyone else was coming out with CD Roms. I was a late comer to the Gamecube and I have a very small collection of games. But it does have some great games that wont be forgotten; games that wont be found on other systems. I probably played RE4 more than anything else. So to answer the question...it will be remembered, more than the Dreamcast, but thats just my opinion.
garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#12 garey017
Member since 2006 • 1725 Posts
I don't think they compare.  Overall, the Gamecube was a success.  Maybe not as much of a success as it's competitors, but succesfull none the less.  Whereas the Dreamcast basically failed.  Don't get me wrong, I have a DC and it has some excellent games, which can be found extremely cheap.  But it still failed as a system, so much so that Sega threw in the towel on consoles and stuck with software only.
Avatar image for Nintendogamer33
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nintendogamer33
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts
No, because unlike Dreamcast the GameCube did not bomb.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
In my opinion the GC was better whan the Dreamcast.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheKungFool

The DREAMCAST failed because SEGA didn't concentrate on offering decent games. Simple as that.

Panzer Dragoon, Altered Beast, Shining Force, Vectorman, Shinobi.......cripes, why bother throwing a system on the market if you're not even going to bother offering your best game series for it? And instead of multiple "extended versions" of Phantasy Star Online, why not make a quality Phantasy Star title thats actually worth playing!?

The DC not offering a decent Panzer Dragoon and Shining Force title is the equivalent of Nintendo throwing out the NGC without a Metroid title.

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts

The DREAMCAST failed because SEGA didn't concentrate on offering decent games. Simple as that.

Panzer Dragoon, Altered Beast, Shining Force, Vectorman, Shinobi.......cripes, why bother throwing a system on the market if you're not even going to bother offering your best game series for it? And instead of multiple "extended versions" of Phantasy Star Online, why not make a quality Phantasy Star title thats actually worth playing!?

The DC not offering a decent Panzer Dragoon and Shining Force title is the equivalent of Nintendo throwing out the NGC without a Metroid title.

TheKungFool

Perhaps rehashing old titles wasn't in their interest? Obviously Nintendo never had an issue with that. Dreamcast did have some great titles, but their timing was bad and their fan support was poor. The Gamecube did much better than the Dreamcast, no debate their, but I don't think that it deserved to fail as you stated before.

Soul Calibur (10 from gamespot), Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Sonic Adventure, Soul Reaver,  NFL 2k, Quake III, Dead or Alive 2, Jet Grind Radio, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Shenmue, Last Blade 2, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone, Virtual On and so...uh..on. 

There was even a decent Ecco the Dolphin and Sonic game in there to appease your old series desire.  Many of these games ended up even going to the Gamecube..heck Radio Allergy one of the cubes final games is nothing more than a port of a Dreamcast game. (called Radirgy for the DC)

The Dreamcast wasn't around long enough to see what would come of it. It was released in 1999 and ended production in 2001 with a handful of games released there after. Personally I enjoyed my Dreamcast more than my Gamecube, but I can't say I see alot of similarities between the two consoles.  The Gamecube has had a much larger and more impressive library than the Dreamcast.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheKungFool

Soul Calibur (10 from gamespot), Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Sonic Adventure, Soul Reaver,  NFL 2k, Quake III, Dead or Alive 2, Jet Grind Radio, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Shenmue, Last Blade 2, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone, Virtual On and so...uh..on. 

-Murdock-

LOL, you just made my point.....the DREAMCAST had no games!  "Soul Calibur", "DOA2", "Street Fighter Alpha3", "Marvel vs Capcom"...wow, you'd better hope every gamer out there is a generic fighter-game fan or you're skrewed. "Skies of Arcadia" was rubbish, as was most things with "Virtua" in the name.

I bought a gamecube and I could probably count all the "great"(?) games on one hand:

1. Ikaruga
  2. Resident Evil Code Veronica
  3. Shenmue
  4. Phantasy Star Online
  5. CastleVania (i think it was called Dracula X or something?)

Thats about it. Cripes the most oft-played game I owned for my Dreamcast was "Sega Smash Pack" with all the Genesis stuff on it, lol.

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Murdock-
[QUOTE="-Murdock-"]

Soul Calibur (10 from gamespot), Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Sonic Adventure, Soul Reaver, NFL 2k, Quake III, Dead or Alive 2, Jet Grind Radio, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Shenmue, Last Blade 2, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone, Virtual On and so...uh..on.

TheKungFool

LOL, you just made my point.....the DREAMCAST had no games! "Soul Calibur", "DOA2", "Street Fighter Alpha3", "Marvel vs Capcom"...wow, you'd better hope every gamer out there is a generic fighter-game fan or you're skrewed. "Skies of Arcadia" was rubbish, as was most things with "Virtua" in the name.

I bought a gamecube and I could probably count all the "great"(?) games on one hand:

1. Ikaruga
  2. Resident Evil Code Veronica
  3. Shenmue
  4. Phantasy Star Online
  5. CastleVania (i think it was called Dracula X or something?)

Thats about it. Cripes the most oft-played game I owned for my Dreamcast was "Sega Smash Pack" with all the Genesis stuff on it, lol.

Soul Calibur is generic? It scored a perfect 10 from Gamespot. Virtua Fighter 4 Evo was rubbish? (not on DC, but for some reason you seem to have something against the series) It's possibly the deepest fighting game ever made. Could you name one better? 

I think you're basing alot of your arguement on personal preference. The Dreamcast had some decent games for the 4 years it was actually in production. I'm not saying it was great by any means, but it could have left it's mark if given a chance. It's not my fault that you played that awful collection of Sega games instead of some good ones. 

goalring27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 goalring27
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
i like the dreamcast (which i still have) better then the gamecube. im still playing some of that great old space channel 5, crazy taxi, and sonic adventure. i still buy there games on-line.
whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
The Game Cube is going to have a much better afterlife than the Dreamcast due to the Wii backwards compatibilty. Im guessing that GC software is selling just as well if not better now than a year ago at this time.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#21 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
The gamecube was a great system and it had tons of high quality games, the dreamcast also had good games but it died quickly, the gamecube lasted 5 years and sales were pretty close to the the Xbox.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintendogamer33
6 years really, since the GC isn't dead yet.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheKungFool

I think you're basing alot of your arguement on personal preference. The Dreamcast had some decent games for the 4 years it was actually in production. I'm not saying it was great by any means, but it could have left it's mark if given a chance. It's not my fault that you played that awful collection of Sega games instead of some good ones. 

-Murdock-

Of course I'm basing my opinion on personal preference. What else would I base my opinion on? Should I base my personal opinion on YOUR preferences? LOL, seriously now, try to have some perspective.

You listed what you perceived to be the "best Dreamcast games" and the list was barely 8 titles, 50% of which were fighter games. So if I don't like fighter games, I supposed to buy a failing system for what, the other 3 "decent" games? Tell me the Top10 Survival Horror titles on the SDC? How about the 10 best RPGs? 

And don't give me this stuff about "if it was only given a chance". It had a chance. It failed. Lets all move along and forget the debacle that saw the end of Sega's run producing consoles.

PS. "Sega Smash Pack" wasn't awful; it was one of the few discs I bought that was worth its price.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
No...because the DC killed Sega as a hardware manufacturer.
sellia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sellia
Member since 2007 • 555 Posts
Guy the Gamecube is dead but it had been around for 6 years. The Dreamcast just didnt get attention
AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts

Fans of the dreamcast (myself included) have always said that it is the great system that never got a real chance.  The stable of games was small, but the good games were true classics.  Does anyone else feel that the GC will suffer the same fate?  It seems like a classic example of quality over quantitiy to me.  Both systems have a small library compared to their competitors, but the games that were worth getting were also worth treasuring.  How many good games does a system need to have to be worth tracking down?Lethal_Gopher

This is the most stupidist post I have seen in years, first of all Game cube was last generation PS3 won it they sold the most hardware and software. Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox are over, dead, gone, no more. So words like could, can, might, maybe are not words that should be used because this generation is over and we saw what happened after a few years 2 okay games and 1 good game would come out for the gamecube so I have to say Dreamcast was a better system then the gamecube and if sega had enough money to make another system I would buy it day one because sega knows how to make systems.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nintendogamer33

Guy the Gamecube is dead but it had been around for 6 years.

Sorry, the GC is not dead and by the time it is it'll be 6 years old.

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Nintendo aren't really interested in GC anymore so it is dead.

But your asking a dumb question, gamecube has done everything it set out to do and lasted its 6 year lifespan, 

its been and gone. 

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nintendogamer33
They're still producing it and still allow third-party GC support, so GC's not dead.
Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts
I agree, the Dreamcast and Gamecube are similar in the quantity of good games and both systems were great. Sad to see that happen to the cube but it is the fate of a system with little to no third party support.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nintendogamer33
It may have little third-party support, but that doesn't mean it's dead.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Murdock-

Of course I'm basing my opinion on personal preference. What else would I base my opinion on? Should I base my personal opinion on YOUR preferences? LOL, seriously now, try to have some perspective.

You listed what you perceived to be the "best Dreamcast games" and the list was barely 8 titles, 50% of which were fighter games. So if I don't like fighter games, I supposed to buy a failing system for what, the other 3 "decent" games? Tell me the Top10 Survival Horror titles on the SDC? How about the 10 best RPGs?

And don't give me this stuff about "if it was only given a chance". It had a chance. It failed. Lets all move along and forget the debacle that saw the end of Sega's run producing consoles.

PS. "Sega Smash Pack" wasn't awful; it was one of the few discs I bought that was worth its price.

TheKungFool

Ahem, I said you based your arguement on personal preference, rather than having some persepective as you ironically suggested I have.  Best survival horror - Resident Evil Codename Veronica (9.5), Best RPG -  Skies of Arcadia (9.2). The console was only around for a few years so 10 of any genre would be pretty rough. Let's be honest here for a moment, you'd be hard pressed to list 10 of either genre for the Gamecube (that doesn't mean list every Resident Evil available). 

I'm sorry that I didn't go into depth and waste my time listing an equal selection of titles from each genre, but the posed question was decent games, I listed them. I'm not sure why you're talking about ''buying a failing  system'' when we're talking about the past and the ''legacy'' of the Dreamcast. 

The Dreamcast will remain little more than a cult favorite to gamers. The point I'm trying to make is that it should be appreciated for what it had to offer, despite a short lifespan and that perhaps it didn't ''deserve to die'' because of a few shortcomings.

PS. Sega Smash Pack (4.5). Awful ports of once great games. You never did answer the question, if Soul Calibur (1) and anything with Virtua in it (ex. Virtua Fighter 4: Evo) is awful then could you list a ''better'' fighter? 

"LOL" 

Gt3guy5137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Gt3guy5137
Member since 2003 • 152 Posts
There was no comp between the dreamcast and the PS1 it what all the battle of nex gen systems to many boys in the market it was time for a system to fail unfortunately it was sega it was a great system just alot of failures were issued and caused this to happen Sega CD, Sega 32x and Saturn Dreamcast was released a little to late it wasn't a failure just doomed to the start but in no way is the Cube having the same fate its god its new brother the wii so its going to live on forever or until they drop backwards compatibility
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheKungFool

Ahem, I said you based your arguement on personal preference, rather than having some persepective as you ironically suggested I have.  Best survival horror - Resident Evil Codename Veronica (9.5), Best RPG -  Skies of Arcadia (9.2). The console was only around for a few years so 10 of any genre would be pretty rough. Let's be honest here for a moment, you'd be hard pressed to list 10 of either genre for the Gamecube (that doesn't mean list every Resident Evil available). 

I'm sorry that I didn't go into depth and waste my time listing an equal selection of titles from each genre, but the posed question was decent games, I listed them. I'm not sure why you're talking about ''buying a failing  system'' when we're talking about the past and the ''legacy'' of the Dreamcast. 

The Dreamcast will remain little more than a cult favorite to gamers. The point I'm trying to make is that it should be appreciated for what it had to offer, despite a short lifespan and that perhaps it didn't ''deserve to die'' because of a few shortcomings.

PS. Sega Smash Pack (4.5). Awful ports of once great games. You never did answer the question, if Soul Calibur (1) and anything with Virtua in it (ex. Virtua Fighter 4: Evo) is awful then could you list a ''better'' fighter? 

-Murdock-

Theres not much else to say MURDOCK, aside from pointing out I completely disagree with everything you just posted.

The only "Legacy of the Dreamcast" is that it was a lame-duck system that spelled the end of SEGA as a console competitor, and it'd be impossible to "waste your time listing an equal selection of titles from each genre" because you simply can't. They don't exist.

Do me a favour, and list me the Top10 RPGs for the SDC.

Its fine and dandy that you feel "the DREAMCAST should be appreciated for what it had to offer", I'm just saying that in my opinion, the Dreamcast didn't offer much at all.   

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#35 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Some members have already mentioned some of my points, but IMO I don't think the GC is/was the next DC.

I agree with you that like the DC the GC was the most underrated console of its generation, but it isn't exactly the next DC because

1. The DC lasted way to short, the Cube had a normal life-span
  2. The DC was Sega's last console, the Cube definitely wasn't Nintendo's last one
On top of that the fact that even many serious reviewers think that the DC was a better console than the PS2 could have ever been, but yet it was totally devastated by Sony's console and marketing machine, make the failure of the DC even harder on some people and causes this massive cult following.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Murdock-

Theres not much else to say MURDOCK, aside from pointing out I completely disagree with everything you just posted.

The only "Legacy of the Dreamcast" is that it was a lame-duck system that spelled the end of SEGA as a console competitor, and it'd be impossible to "waste your time listing an equal selection of titles from each genre" because you simply can't. They don't exist.

Do me a favour, and list me the Top10 RPGs for the SDC.

Its fine and dandy that you feel "the DREAMCAST should be appreciated for what it had to offer", I'm just saying that in my opinion, the Dreamcast didn't offer much at all.

TheKungFool

I didn't exactly drop alot of opinion in there uh...KUNGFOOL (also isn't sure why my user name was in caps), so if you're like to refute my points (although I'm pretty sure I posted facts and common knowledge) feel free to.  I never said that the Dreamcast had top 10 RPGs, heck besides the PS2 I'd like you to find a current or even last gen platform that had 10 good RPGs. I like how you continue to ignore the fact that the Gamecube doesn't have them either, or survival horror, or fighters, or well...top 10 anything, which is sort of the comparison between the two.

That being said, I don't really care, I'm not here to blast the GC, it was a fine console, but like the Dreamcast it only had a few big hitters and not much else. The difference is that the GC had better timing in it's release, no doubt a larger fanbase thanks to the failure of the Saturn and appealed more to a certain audience of gamers. 

I could list an equal amount of good games for the Dreamcast cause if I list 2 from each genre, well then they would be equal...you do agree with that definition correct? The Dreamcast didn't have much going for it, but there were enough choice games to make it a memorable console, but there was no legacy there, just fun experiences for the time it was around.

Finally,  I like how you continue to ignore the proposed return question of 10 good RPGs and survival horror games for the GC (without just listing all the RE's..thanks). Oh and could you at least try and list fighters that aren't ''generic'' like Soul Calibur 1 and Virtua Fighter 4; Evo since you said that anything with Virtua in it stinks....just so I see if your opinion is worth anything.

Tegenoda_Knil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tegenoda_Knil
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You know, I was only lucky enough to lay DreamCast once, and that was in a Toys-R-Us with the Sonic the Hedgehog demo (which by the way was awesome).  So really I can't say much about its games however, the GameCube is bond to disappear eventually just like any system before it, I mean so many classics that blew up even bigger grew there, just to name a few heavy hitters; Metroid Primes series, SSBM (Super Smash Bros Melee), LoZ: WW (I would say Twilight Princess but due to it coming out on Wii...), and many others.  If anything it will live on through the Wii, thanks to the capabilities of playing cube games on the Wii as well as older system games. Just think of it as another great collection of systems to look back, smile, and think, "man, how far we have come" and reminisce the good old days.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nintendogamer33

but like the Dreamcast it only had a few big hitters and not much else.

That's purely your opinion. I can list over 20 great games for the GC, and I think most will agree that these games were successful and were and still are great:

-REmake

-Resident Evil 4

-Metroid Prime

-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

-Super Mario Sunshine

-Animal Crossing

-Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

-Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

-Sonic Mega Collection

-Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

-F-Zero GX

-Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-Soul Calibur II

-Tales of Symphonia

-Super Smash Bros. Melee

-Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

-Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

-Pikmin 2

-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

-Tony Hawk's Underground

-Viewtiful Joe

-Super Monkey Ball

-Eternal Darkness

-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

IMO, there are a lot more great games for the GC but those are the major games.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheKungFool

MURDOCK: 

"(also isn't sure why my user name was in caps)"

Your user name was in caps because I often put proper titles and names in caps. Hopefully you're not one of those rediculous forum pansies that considers a few capital letters as some form of "yelling" or something, lol. 

"The Dreamcast didn't have much going for it, but there were enough choice games to make it a memorable console."

Again, that statement is more "opinion" than it is "fact" or "common knowledge". I personally DO NOT think the DreamCast had enough choice games to make it a memorable console. 

"Finally,  I like how you continue to ignore the proposed return question of 10 good RPGs for the GC"

Once again I will make the distinction that "good" is a subjective term, but the NGC has much more to offer, including the only two wrothwhile SDC rpgs.

1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance 
  2. Tales of Symphonia 
  3. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings & The Lost Ocean
  4. Baten Kaitos Origins
  5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  6. Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
  7. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
  8. Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  9. Gladius
  10. X-Men Legends
  11. Phantasy Star Online 1&2 Plus
  12. Phantasy Star Online III: CARD Revolution
  13. Skies of Arcadia Legends
  14. Animal Crossing
  15. Harvest Moon
  16. Lost Kingdoms
  17. Lost Kingdoms II
  18. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (*Zelda series has and always will be RPG in nature) 
  19. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  20. Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventure

*NOTE: the NGC also has a port attachment that plays GBA games, which gives you access to all the Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Tales, Lunar, Breath of Fire, Fire Emblem and so forth titles.

Oh and could you at least try and list fighters that aren't ''generic'' like Soul Calibur 1 and Virtua Fighter 4; Evo since you said that anything with Virtua in it stinks....just so I see if your opinion is worth anything.

Its hard to list non-generic fighters because I really don't think there are many. Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Intinct, Soul Calibur, DOA, Bloody Roar etc, etc.....They're all generic to me, because 99% of them are the same bloody thing, just with slightly different characters and backgrounds.  If I had to choose one particulary good fighter series that I prefer over the others, I'd have to go with "GUILTY GEAR". As for a "unique" or "non-generic" fighter game......maybe "Super Smash Bros Melee?"