Radiata_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Radiata_Blue
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

So I played the first one and after a long while, finally beat it. I really enjoyed the game but found it kind of challenging.I haven't picked up the second one yet though. Is it better or worse than MP 1?

beanpodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 beanpodd
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
It is very similar to MP1, though there is limited ammo for some of the guns. I thought the weapons and visors were not as good as in MP1. I found it a little less challenging than MP1, which is opposite what most people think. Overall it is definitely worth checking out it you enjoyed MP1
Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

IMO Mp1 was way better.

Why? Well it had no storyline.

You might find this stupid, Why would having no real storyline makes the game better?

Simply put, because its like you're dumped off on a totally unknown planet and you must survive. I really like that.

MP2 was good, but I liked the first better.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Both are amazing games and should be played by every Cube owner. But I felt the first was slightly better since it was paced better, had better enviroments, etc.

Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
ive only played mp and it was awsome ive beaten it once and im half way through it on hard now.......i may pick up mp2: echoes if i ever get money for it....:P
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#6 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
MP2 is worse, but not bad.....
Quadraxis1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 Quadraxis1809
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

they are both magnificent games and in personal opinion anyone who owns a gamecube or now owns a wii should buy it. there are only some things that bug me with the first and second game. overall i think the first is better because the game just leads off on thing to the other spontaneously. as if you are just trying to get ur stuff, clean up the mess and get on with your life. as of to the second game, it is a great game but the whole system of collecting 3 keys to open the boss room in each are you reach is alittle repetetive if you ask me. fresh gameplay is in each game and they are both similar but if a game needs to be raised in success and overall better, it would have to be the first game due to its originality and the feeling that you dont know when you will beat the game until it hits you.

sword_chuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sword_chuckz
Member since 2006 • 496 Posts
I preferred the original Metroid Prime. The first was truly innovative to the Metroid series, but the second was just a sequel. I'm not saying that the second was bad or anything though, I loved it, it just wasn't as groundbreaking as the first.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.
kazour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kazour
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
The first Metroid. But i suck in that game >_
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
Metroid Prime 1 is better.
the second one is still worth a play though.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.Casiotech

Well then you are missing out because MP2 was an excellent game. It did many things better than MP1 and was much more challenging and had better bosses.

It's just that the pacing wasn't as spot on as the first game, the environments weren't as memorable, and the dark/light world thing was very unoriginal.

I'd actually rate them very closely. Many things MP1 does better and many things MP2 does better. But overall I give the MP1 the nod. Both should be played though.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.Casiotech

and hated it...

zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Both games are amazing yet i have not taken the time to complete prime or prime echos and have not yet purchased corruption. The thing i loved though about echos was the new suits and visors, weapons, they made me want to get furthur in the game because they were pretty sweet upgrades.
redchina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 redchina
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts

I thought Prime 2 was superior than Prime 1 in a lot of ways: level design, boss battles, challenge, environments.

Prime 2 doesn't get enough lovin' imo. Its suchan amazing game.

MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is longer and harder than Metroid Prime. So, I prefer Echoes. Also, Echoes had better weapons, better puzzles, better bosses, and a better story.
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
MP1 is better. MP2 just didn't do it for me with the whole light and dark world thing. Wasn't bad but MP1 is better by a bit.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Casiotech

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.Rocky32189

Well then you are missing out because MP2 was an excellent game. It did many things better than MP1 and was much more challenging and had better bosses.

It's just that the pacing wasn't as spot on as the first game, the environments weren't as memorable, and the dark/light world thing was very unoriginal.

I'd actually rate them very closely. Many things MP1 does better and many things MP2 does better. But overall I give the MP1 the nod. Both should be played though.

That's the thing, I like snow and watery levels. Levels that are dark like Metroid Prime final level I don't like because firstly, I couldn't even see where i'm going unless I play at night.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Casiotech

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.Minishdriveby

and hated it...

I thought it was good, not great, but great for $12.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I like MP1 more... MP2 is still great though. MP2 is a lot more intense and moody than MP1...
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]all these posts are turning me off from ever playing the second part. I just skipped straight to the third.Casiotech

and hated it...

so wats with the 1.5??? I mean good is in the 7's

I thought it was good, not great, but great for $12.

Avatar image for ShadowSamus2500
ShadowSamus2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShadowSamus2500
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
MP1, no question about it. Although people say the weapons are better in Mp2, they are just remakes of the wave, ice and plasma beams, fitted to the light and dark style. MP1 was centred around the space pirates activity towards phazon, while MP2 had 10 different things going on at once. echoes wasn't as fun as #1, because there wasn't much places to go and explore. Mp1 had different parts of each Place (tallon overworld,phendrana drifts, magmoor caverns) to furthre explore, and get new weapons, to finnaly gain access to the phazon mines. overall, id give MP1 the thumbs up.
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
They're equal and different, you could say. Prime 1 had a better soundtrack, but Prime 2 had better boss fights. Prime 1 had better locales, but Prime 2 had better graphics. If you liked Prime 1, it's really a shoe in; definitely pick up Prime 2.
Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts
the first one is sooo much better. the second one can also be alot harder for some people. i didnt even finish the second one because thats how much more it strayed away from the original with its ne light/dark world system.
wiiboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 wiiboy95
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
They are both really good games however MP1 is a little better
MeleeMaster2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MeleeMaster2
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
It's somewhat harder than the first. However, I prefer the gameplay of Metroid Prime to Echoes'.