Resident Evil 4 - Hand Cannon - Professional Mode

#1 Posted by joeguy18 (25 posts) -

Hey all,

I finally beat Mercenaries on Resident Evil 4. So I started a new game on Professional mode and I've been through two merchants but have not yet seen the hand cannon available for purchase.

Do I have to wait until later on in the game? Or is the hand cannon not available in Professional mode?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
Did you get five stars with each character in each stage?
#3 Posted by ShadowofTulkas (1811 posts) -

In order to get the Handcannon you must achieve a 5-star rating on every level, with every character. The best I ever did was 4-stars for each character on every level. It really is hard. I would recommend either Krauser or Wesker to achieve big points.

#4 Posted by gamecubeown (327 posts) -
i was really lucky i bought my memory card and it had a resident evil 4 system file and it had mercenaries beat
#5 Posted by coylenintendo (13713 posts) -

i was really lucky i bought my memory card and it had a resident evil 4 system file and it had mercenaries beatgamecubeown

lucky :P

#6 Posted by joeguy18 (25 posts) -

I've definately beat mercenaries with 5 stars on each level with each player (trust me, it took me months). And I even got that little message saying "you unlocked the hand cannon". I just haven't found a merchant that sells it yet.

I'll keep on truckin' and hopefully come across it.

#7 Posted by Bengameaholic (282 posts) -

I have the Hand Cannon personally. It's good when you power it up. But I personally prefer the Chicago gun.

#8 Posted by joeguy18 (25 posts) -

k let me rephrase my question:

"Has anyone played Resident Evil 4 on Professional mode after unlocking the Hand Cannon and succeeded in buying it specifically in Professional mode?"

Avatar image for battalionwars13
#9 Posted by battalionwars13 (1264 posts) -

well on mine i have the handcannon and i didnt beat all the places with 5 star and still dont have 5 star

does anybody have an explanation for that????

#11 Posted by tequilero (9332 posts) -
Yeah,the handcannon is very powerful,but it has a very bad aiming.I also prefer the CT.
#12 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

k let me rephrase my question:

"Has anyone played Resident Evil 4 on Professional mode after unlocking the Hand Cannon and succeeded in buying it specifically in Professional mode?"

joeguy18
Hmm... have you beaten Professional yet? I don't think you can actually use unlocked weapons until you have a clear file first.
#13 Posted by MrDziekuje (7730 posts) -

You might need to be on your second round on your Professional file. Maybe it will show up with the Matilda and stuff.

I personally have only 5 stars with Krauser and Wesker on all levels. My friend got 3/4 levels done with Hunk (we spent a day taking turns playing Mercenaries). We have like three stars on one level with Ada and one level with Leon. I haven't played in a while.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
#14 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9298 posts) -

It's not worth the trouble you go through. Just use the Typewriter machine gun.

In the time it takes to fire the Handcannon twice, you deal more overall damage with the Typewriter, and you don't have to get a 5 star rating for everyone.

The handcannon is just there so hardcore gamers can go "I got everything."

I did everything for RE4 Gamecube EXCEPT 5 star ratings and unlocking the handcannon.

#15 Posted by joeguy18 (25 posts) -

Yea I'm starting to think that I have to beat Round 1 first. Mainly because I'm halfway through Round 1 on Professional and still haven't found the hand cannon.

I'll beat it and keep you posted.

It's not worth the trouble you go through. Just use the Typewriter machine gun.

In the time it takes to fire the Handcannon twice, you deal more overall damage with the Typewriter, and you don't have to get a 5 star rating for everyone.

The handcannon is just there so hardcore gamers can go "I got everything."

I did everything for RE4 Gamecube EXCEPT 5 star ratings and unlocking the handcannon.

-TheSecondSign-

I understand where you're coming from, but I've got everything else in the game except for the hand cannon, so it seems fit to just beat the game entirely and then finally put this game to rest for a while haha.

#16 Posted by AlanSnyder (25 posts) -

I have the Hand Cannon personally. It's good when you power it up. But I personally prefer the Chicago gun.

Bengameaholic
yeah the same is for me to i perfer a ct over handcannon anyday for a speed run
Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
#17 Posted by cookoo4cocopuff (793 posts) -
ive played it on pro but ive never beaten the mercenaries with 5 star with evry character, to me thats insanely hard
#18 Posted by wanted_police (684 posts) -
download the game save from gamefaqs.coma nd transfer it to your memory card.. trust me it is worth it.. you get "EVERY SINGLE THING" in huge amounts... pretty cool playing on professional with that.. .lol
#19 Posted by xplay666 (79 posts) -

I just re-playedl though the wii version and completed merceneries (beat the GC version but didn't get 5 stars for each character per level).

What really helped me out was looking at youtube videos on how to get over 60,000 points. Specifically some of the levels with Ada. I find her the hardest charcter to play as.

PS. Krauser and Hunk are awesome

#20 Posted by Nevlim (5311 posts) -
you need to be in round 2
#21 Posted by Sycosis5 (25 posts) -
You need to start a new game and buy it