Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpuszcz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hello all,

I am looking for a multi-player gamecube game that me and my five year old son can play together. We just finished TMNT 2. We enjoyed playing together. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

Tom

apocalypse9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 apocalypse9999
Member since 2005 • 121 Posts

in my opinion I think the best multi-player gamesare "mario smash footbaal" and "mario kart"

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Mario Power Tennis is a great game... you guys could play doubles against computer players. Super Smash Bros is a great game for when he's a little older; it's kind of spastic, so I wouldn't recommend it for a 5-year-old, but it really shouldn't be rated T - there isn't any blood or anything, and the characters and their weapons are all pretty cartoony looking.
Metroid47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Metroid47
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Probably your best (i.e. most suitable) option, is to go with basically anything in the Mario range ("Mario Kart: Double Dash!!") or "Super Smash Bros. Melee".
CyberZero104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 CyberZero104
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

*Sigh*

Mario Kart: Double Dash.

French023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 French023
Member since 2005 • 1291 Posts
Mario cart would be good but you might have to go a little easy on him at first. Tennis would also be good because he could probably win easier with tennis. Now if hes not competitive and doesnt really want to him then mario soccer and mario party would be great. But with my experience with young gamers like that they usually get bored if they arent winning at least some time.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#9 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Monkey Ball 1 and 2 have some great multi-player games that are easy to play.

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu, Lego Star Wars II and Rampage Total Destruction would probably offer him some fun.

He'd probably get a kick out of Animal Crossing. You can't play at the same time but you could both have your own characters.

theman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 theman64
Member since 2007 • 1269 Posts
Super Mario Strikers is my personal favourite when it comes to multiplayer gaming on the GameCube. Other good choices would be Mario Kart: Double Dash!! or Mario Golf Toadstool Tour. Both offer very solid multiplayer modes! :)
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
idk if you want to expose such a young kid to violence of any kind, but Super Smash Bros Melee is definitely a fun game. Well, anything with Mario is fun, so any previously mentioned games with Mario in the title.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 00173
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
super smash bros melee. honestly i dont know why its even T, its cartoon violence. no worse then letting him watch tom and jerry or the road runner :) but, its your son :P and if you dont want him to see that sort of thing (take in mind its not bad at all :)) than i would go with mario strikers football, its a great soccer game for young ones.... (edit) my bad, i just read through what you wrote again and u just beat tmnt.. yeah ssbb is proboly the same violence level. i would believe less accualy
tts42572

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 tts42572
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts
Mario Kart DD and Mario Strikers have been alot of fun for me and my 6 year old. Both those games let you play cooperatively with helps keeps the frustration to a minimum.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts

Bust A Move 3000

tpuszcz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tpuszcz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions - I am thinking the soccer game might be next. I appreciate the "frustration" insight.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#16 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
Mario Kart, any Mario Party, Mario Strikers are all games I own and play with my kids (6 and 7, but they've been playing awhile) and we love em! oh, forgot my son's favorite game of all-time, and it's arguably the best multi-player game ever made, that's Super Smash Bros. Melee.... oh yeah, and his second favorite games, which you can play multi-player is Lego Star Wars. very easy and awesome game. 1 and 2. you play through a story mode like TMNT also... aight, there's 5 games I can tell you from experience that are great.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#17 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
the soccer game is the hardest to get the hang of, of the 5 games i mentioned, just FYI. yall will have a blast with it if your son is patient enough to learn it.... it's also one of the "shallowest" Mario games i've ever played, meaning, once you unlock the few stadiums and characters there is, there's nothing else to do. Except continue to play with or against each other, lol, if that's all you're lookin for.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Oh yeah, Lego Star Wars is great. That's pretty much a must-have, especially since it's probably cheap now.