damn gamecube games are still quite expensive!

Isual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 0

#1 Isual
Member since 2003 • 429 Posts
looking at the xbox and ps2 games, pretty much a lot of them are under the 20 dollar range or so. but they're is still quite a good amount of gc games over 20 and 30 even. skies of arcadia for example, a game that's been out for some years is still 30 dollars (U.S).
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

If you go to amazon or ebay I think you will find many Gamecube games cheaper than what you are saying. Skies of Arcadia is a difficult game to get hence the high price.

*kupo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 *kupo123
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts
 It depends what games you are looking at, depending on the age of the game and its availability to what its price will be.
tipomastr42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tipomastr42
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't know much about this kind of stuff considering I don't buy too many games, but if you're really freaking out about the price just buy less games. Look carefully around for reveiws of games you're considering buying. Make sure you check for more graphics; if possible, try playing it in free demos like a walmart or other places. Ask friends who have it whether it's really worth getting. Also, make sure the games you get have good replay value. Remember that most games are created with the intention of lasting a long time. I've owned super smash brothers melee for 5 years now, and the $50 I spent on it at the time was absolutely worth it, and furthermore I play the game to this day. Yes, I'm one of those people. :D

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
my skies of arcadia was pretty high 2 but thats cause its rare now and it was a waste of money IMO cause i hate the game but most other games are usually cheap
coylenintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#6 coylenintendo
Member since 2005 • 13713 Posts
well, some prices arent fair
Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts

looking at the xbox and ps2 games, pretty much a lot of them are under the 20 dollar range or so. but they're is still quite a good amount of gc games over 20 and 30 even. skies of arcadia for example, a game that's been out for some years is still 30 dollars (U.S).
Isual

I know what you mean. I live in the Netherlands and I found Resident Evil 4 (GC) for €30,-. I should have bought it then. But now I can only find it for €60,-.

The only cheap games for the GC are the games from EA, I think.

lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Don't forget Super Smash that game is always 40$.
dragonwiz0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dragonwiz0d
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts
Games aren't going to be coming out for the gamecube anymore. Even if they do they are going to be games that you can find on other platforms. Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Games aren't going to be coming out for the gamecube anymore. Even if they do they are going to be games that you can find on other platforms. Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.dragonwiz0d
Yeah, like Chi-Bi Robo [NEVER expected that :|]. Rarely any good games now. Now that theres the Wii, there are probably going to be no Gamecube games at all :(
gullytolwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gullytolwyn
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.dragonwiz0d
Yea those darned Metroid Prime, Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness games are so kiddy. Gosh, what a great contribution to this thread you had!
gullytolwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gullytolwyn
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.dragonwiz0d
Yea those darned Metroid Prime, Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness games are so kiddy. Gosh, what a great contribution to this thread you had!
IRON_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IRON_ZERO
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

THEY ARE KINDA PRICEY, EVEN THE CRAPPY ONES!

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA IS LIKE 40 BUCKS

.................COME ON! 40 BUCKS!?!?!?

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
certain games are gonna be $$$
Avatar image for deactivated-6223e64b57ad6
deactivated-6223e64b57ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6223e64b57ad6
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts
Man you are right on that, I been wanting to get the Naruto Clash of the Ninja 2 for some time now but it's still 40 bucks.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

THEY ARE KINDA PRICEY, EVEN THE CRAPPY ONES!

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA IS LIKE 40 BUCKS

.................COME ON! 40 BUCKS!?!?!?

IRON_ZERO

Code: Veronica is great game, and I ordered it online brand-new for under $30, despite being somewhat rare on the GC.

amazon.com is where to go if you need to buy

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Animal Crossing was £20 before the Wii came out and as soon as it came out it got boosted to about £32, just clever marketing to get more money.
Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
There should be price drops, not price gouges!
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I saw both the GameCube version and the PS2 version of Code: Veronica in an EB Games recently. The PS2 version was cheaper, but it was in terrible condition. I walked out with neither version. I'm not really sure if I can go back to the old Resident Evil games after playing RE 4.
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts
Don't forget Super Smash that game is always 40$.lancelot200

price i've seen for it is $30.  shouldn't be too bad as long as you're generating your own income.
Avatar image for ILoveBeingDrunk
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ILoveBeingDrunk
Member since 2006 • 890 Posts
Seriously they are a joke! Super monkey ball 2 is still around £15! £15! And Super Smash Bros is now £20+ on eBay even though I bought it a year ago for £7! Timesplitters Future Perfect is around £22 as well even though you can gte it for a fiver on eBay. Gamecube games are amazingly expensive second hand and do not go down in price as much as PS2 games do as well.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
If you look at used titles they are very cheap, but rare games are always going to be more.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I think they jacked up the price on Super Smash Bros. Melee because everyone's buying it regardless of price.
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

There's been some interest from Wii owners about Gamecube games and this has pushed the prices up. Some old Gamecube games aren't being published anymore so there's a limited supply of those games about, so the price can go up if there is a high enough demand.

A game like Timesplitters 3: FP, only got a fairly limited release for the Gamecube in the UK whereas it got a much larger release for the PS2, so that means that although they were both the same price when they were released there is a difference now because the Gamecube version is harder to find. PS2 games will normally be cheaper because there were more games being produced for it.

I got most of my cube collection from places like amazon and ebay and if you look around I'm sure you will find some bargins.

BloodWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 BloodWerewolf
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts
Price usually depends on popularity and overall score on gaming sites like this. Time since release is also a large factor. But still, now that the Wii is out, the prices should drop soon.
Avatar image for earlmccormick88
earlmccormick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 earlmccormick88
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonwiz0d"] Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.gullytolwyn

Since when has Metroid Prime and Resident Evil been kiddy. You trippin. NEway, them Mario Party's are still high as hell.
supersonic49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 supersonic49
Member since 2007 • 3129 Posts
I think gullytolwyn was being sarcastic. Anyway, I agree. At my local Wal-Mart, Mario Power Tennis is STILL fifty bucks. And Ikaruga is always sixty. Top that, guys.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Just have to look around. If you price shop you can usually find what should be a full price game for less. Luck does play a part.
layddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 layddly
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts
Alot of gamecube game shave been increasing in price due to the increasing popularity, the gamecube might be almost dead but the games live on with the wii.  I am buying more games just beacasue now i can use progressive scan on my wii since the component cables of the gc were so expensive by the time i had an hdtv.  I  remember some games like Skies of arcadia which i bought for $20 brand new when it came out.  i see it used all over the place for around $25-30 now though.
mulac2910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mulac2910
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
paper Mario, 4 swords and Fire Emblem are the most expensive I seen. They are dearer second hand than they were 1st hand when released.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 0161
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
amazon and ebay both sell for high prices too.
punkindoubt86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 punkindoubt86
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Game cube games are dirt cheap.. at my local gamestop you can get "geist" for 9.99 New.. you can also get some other games for that same price... I think Battalion Wars is at that price too.. some of them are ineed pretty expenive.. but most arent.
yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
mario games never loose value
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Dude I never had a Cube but I got a Wii at launch and since then I've been stockpiling Cube games on the Cheap and I've managed to get about 45 games so far and for like 95% of them I paid less then 10 bucks. They're all used but they're all in good condition with cases and manual. If you want games on the cheap go to sites like www.cheapassgamer.com and gametz.com and tradegamesnow.com. Sometimes you can get a game on the cheap and trade it for two games, and then trade one of those two game for the original game. Or here's another tip, go to your local gamestop/ebgames, write down any real cheap games, and then offer them for trade on game trade websites for a game that would be more expensive at gamestop. For example, I got XIII for 5 bucks at gamestop and I traded it for Fire Emblem which is like 12 bucks at gamestop. Check out my game list below: Alien Hominoid Battalion Wars Dead to Rights Defender Extreme-G 3 Eternal Darkness Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance F-Zero GX Geist Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life I-Ninja James Bond 007: Agent under Fire Killer7 The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Luigi's Mansion Medal of Honor: European Assault Medal of Honor: Frontline Metal Arms: Glitch in the System Metriod Prime Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Pikmin Rainbow Six III Red Faction II Resident Evil 4 Smugglers Run: Warzones Sphinx and the cursed Mummy Spider-man 2 Splinter Cell Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow SSX Tricky Starfox Adventures Stars Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader Super Mario Sunshine Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams Tales of Symphonia TimeSplitters 2 True Crime: Streets of LA Turok Evolution Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 Viewtiful Joe Viewtiful Joe 2 XII
diablo_human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 diablo_human
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts
I saw a copy of paper mario for £35 pre owned (around $70)
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonwiz0d"] Most gamecube games are really kiddy anyway.gullytolwyn

One eternal darkness game, 2(?) original Resident evil games and 2 Metroid Prime games (the last one nearly 3 years old at this point) aren't enough to break the 'kiddy' stigma. You also forgot Killer 7, but that was multi-platform anyway.

I agree that Gamecube games seem to be a bit more overpriced, such as Mario Tennis which regularly goes for 40ish at game stores, but I think that has to do with the smaller library too. If there are a handful of games that everyone wants to get their hands on, they jack the price. That's why the bargain bin of 10 and under games is usually junk, that's just how business works.

Game cube games are dirt cheap.. at my local gamestop you can get "geist" for 9.99 New.. you can also get some other games for that same price... I think Battalion Wars is at that price too.. some of them are ineed pretty expenive.. but most arent. punkindoubt86

It depends on what game store you go to, I've seen Geist for $50 new at the EB Games upstairs, and $10 New at the one downstairs. Btw that game is only worth $10 at best. It really is about shopping around though, these game stores don't have the same prices on the same games that are right next to one another. I'll take pictures sometime.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
Eh I bought Killer7 new for 4 dollars at Target.  Honestly I think the cashier messed up because the price tag said 15, but still.

wolf360rev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#38 wolf360rev
Member since 2005 • 514 Posts

I have 65 games or so collection still growing and my GCN is collecting dust do to wii.

PS2,DS,GBA,and wii collection is slowly growing as well.

I also plan on getting other systems check my profile if you want to know.

Er0KMarioMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 Er0KMarioMan
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts
Where I live you there mainly 10 or 5 bucks, except Smash Bros and Twilight Princess. Huge hits like that are still 40.
supersonic49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 supersonic49
Member since 2007 • 3129 Posts

mario games never loose valueyamum2

At all my local Wal-Mart's, Paper Mario: TTYD has already gone to twenty bucks for some reason. Also, MArio Kart: DD is at thirty, and Luigi's Mansion somewhere around ten. Besides these, you are right though. 

Avatar image for adventureseeker
adventureseeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 adventureseeker
Member since 2007 • 899 Posts

[QUOTE="Isual"]looking at the xbox and ps2 games, pretty much a lot of them are under the 20 dollar range or so. but they're is still quite a good amount of gc games over 20 and 30 even. skies of arcadia for example, a game that's been out for some years is still 30 dollars (U.S).
Bunnyslippers

I know what you mean. I live in the Netherlands and I found Resident Evil 4 (GC) for €30,-. I should have bought it then. But now I can only find it for €60,-.

The only cheap games for the GC are the games from EA, I think.

LOL

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 banunn1
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
Dude, check your eb or gamestop (if you dare) They have stuff like RE4 (Used) 17.99 SSB (12.99) WInd Waker ( 12.99) Take a look at used