sorpotel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sorpotel
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
they should make a remake of pokemon gold with running shoes and improved graphics,
then it will be the best gba pokemon game ever
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
[QUOTE="sorpotel"]they should make a remake of pokemon gold with running shoes and improved graphics,

Pokemon Gold was great, I completed the game with a 100%, I had mew and celebi (a friend o' mine gave it to me), and 25 lvl100 pokemons (the best one, I used to win all the time in tournaments). That game was awesome!
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
or silver. same game pretty much.
Daynus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Daynus
Member since 2006 • 1227 Posts
The only thing I didn't do in Crystal was get Mew and Celebi. Other than that, I beat it perfect, with 3 lvl 100 pokemon. It was a great game, but if they did a remake, I wouldn't get it. I'd be too busy getting into Diamond/Pearl. Maybe years and years later, if it still stands up to all the others released in the meantime.
BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Jays-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jays-Fan
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

The games are good so thats why im here.

Maybe in a coulpe years time they will make One with all the games in it.

Blue,red,yellow,gold,silver,crystal.ruby,saphire, and emerald

BabyAlf
There would be absolutely no way to fit all that into one game cartridge.
Dantes_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Dantes_Monkey
Member since 2005 • 6554 Posts
yeh but maybe the next nonty handheld willl have better storage, like maybe Mini Blu-Ray discs or something
BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
It would be cool though
bareham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bareham
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

they should add multiple save slots aswell

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
i had silver, and liked it better
Chieltjuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Chieltjuh
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts
[QUOTE="BabyAlf"]

Pokemon is gay... but The games are good so thats why im here.

Maybe in a coulpe years time they will make One with all the games in it.

Blue,red,yellow,gold,silver,crystal.ruby,saphire, and emerald

Jays-Fan
There would be absolutely no way to fit all that into one game cartridge.

It would fit on a ds card caus that is 128 mb, and ruby saphire and amerald are around 16mb en red blue etc are around 4 mb
ffsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ffsage
Member since 2005 • 2028 Posts
I remember playing red/blue/yellow on my GB Color when I was young but then I moved away from the mediocre RPGs and moved onto Final Fantasy.
JzkBoxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JzkBoxer
Member since 2005 • 1081 Posts
Seeing as how I'm an adult, it looks pretty sad to see me play Pokemon games, but, I've always given them a legitimate shot and they tended to be mediocre for me. Gold and Silver weren't, and they essentially took the best concepts out of the entire series, mixed them with old and new, and made the perfect game for the series.

I never thought I'd say I like a Pokemon game enough to play it until 5 AM when I have class ( at the time ) the next morning, this game proved me wrong.
SobearVireal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SobearVireal
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts
[QUOTE="JzkBoxer"]Seeing as how I'm an adult, it looks pretty sad to see me play Pokemon games, but, I've always given them a legitimate shot and they tended to be mediocre for me. Gold and Silver weren't, and they essentially took the best concepts out of the entire series, mixed them with old and new, and made the perfect game for the series.

I never thought I'd say I like a Pokemon game enough to play it until 5 AM when I have class ( at the time ) the next morning, this game proved me wrong.

I know exactly how you feel. I have a 2 year old son, and me and my best friend (along with his brother and our other friend), still play Pokemon to this day, However, I can almost guarentee they will not redo Gold/Silver/Crystal . Me and that friend of mine were talking about it for days, how cool it would be. We loved all the Pokemon, we loved the day/night feature. But then we finally decided that they probably wouldn't because what woul be the point? You can get all 300+ Pokemon in the current geneation of GBA/GC games. While fun, it would be a waste of money. Though I'd probably still get it.
higraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 higraff
Member since 2005 • 285 Posts

Great pokemon game

jpgarcia6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jpgarcia6
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
You can not get all the 2nd generation pokemon.
Avatar image for _great_waddles_
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _great_waddles_
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

I dont want to seem like a Troll, but it wont happen. First off, theres no reason for anyone to buy them. The Pokemon in Johto are already available in other games. Second, though the upgrades are great, its not worth a $30 price tag, when most people who want it already have the game. Third, the GBA wouldnt be the system for a remake, considering D/P is coming out on the DS.

Dont get me wrong, G/S/C were great, and always will be. But remaking them would be too much of a hastle for them, and just wouldnt be worth it. Maybe we'll see it on the DS, MAYBE. But that probably wont happen.

D/P will include features from the GSC games, like the day and night system (I think there are 5 times of day), Online Trading and Battling, and a bunch of stuff. Considering every Pokemon from the current gen is available that means every Pokemon is available in D/P, which further makes it certain we probably wont see a GSC remake. Its a nice idea, but I dont see it happening.

ahoy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ahoy_
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I wunt it 2 hppn dat wud be swweeet i wuld plA dat so much and so wud my frei
King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts
I'd pass on a remake...I'll keep my gameboy color version.
Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
There's already a remake of Gold/Silver. It is Pokemon Crystal/Ruby/Saphire/Emerald.

Gold/Silver are pretty much a remake of Red/Blue/Green anyway.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

or silver. same game pretty much. hazuki

What would they call them though? Sword Silver and Ring Gold?

Ojstillfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Ojstillfly
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts
What if they remade Pokemon Gold/Silver for the Wii and u had to actually make motions to like throw pokeballs and spin the wii mote to try to get critical hit. the whole motion sensing would be useless but it would be fun just to have a new pokemon game
umbracascade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 umbracascade
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
Hey they remade r/b with fire red and leaf green, a remake of g/s is perfectly expectable. It isn't a foolish fanboy dream, those games made more money than r/b when they were released so it's perfectly understandable if nintendo decides to revisit the series. I mean come on what else is gamefreak going to work on next? A drill dozer sequel?
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _great_waddles_

There's already a remake of Gold/Silver. It is Pokemon Crystal/Ruby/Saphire/Emerald.

Gold/Silver are pretty much a remake of Red/Blue/Green anyway.
Mop_it_up

Theres a difference between Sequel and Remake. A remake means to remake the game, story, Pokemon, etc. with a few changes. A sequel takes previous games and gives them a new story, or significantly revamps on a previous game. RSE are not set in the Johto region, I.E, there not remakes. If Im correct, they take place before the Johto adventures and the same time as the Kanto ones, so it would be a prequel.

While your correct that Crystal is a remake, as Yellow was to Red and Blue, and Emerald to Ruby and Sapphire, that was done on the GBC, not GBA.

Hey they remade r/b with fire red and leaf green, a remake of g/s is perfectly expectable. It isn't a foolish fanboy dream, those games made more money than r/b when they were released so it's perfectly understandable if nintendo decides to revisit the series. I mean come on what else is gamefreak going to work on next? A drill dozer sequel?

umbracascade

They remade Red and Blue because they wanted every Pokemon to be catchable in the Third Generation that had been created at that point. Since Red and Blue where the originals, and since they were so glitched, they remade them instead of Gold/Silver. Gold and Silver had very few glitches at all, compared to Red and Blue. Plus, they had pretty good graphics already, compared to Red and Blue. GameFreak is busy too, with the upcoming Diamond/Pearl games, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and the eventual third part to D/P we all know is coming. Compare that to a company like Bungie, who's creating one game at the moment, and you can say that GameFreaks got a lot planned for the coming years.

Lets face the facts, Pokemon Gold and Silver were great games that revolutionized Pokemon games. They always will be great. But it doesnt make any sence for them to remake Gold and Silver. It doesnt fit in with Pokemon now adays; FireRed and LeafGreen did since a lot of Pokemon where missing from Ruby and Sapphire. In the upcoming D/P games, EVERY Pokemon, aside from starters and legendaries, are available in some way. Plus, the Global Trading Station allows you to trade Online through the game. The only purpose it would serve is for is nastalgia (or however its spelled). And I would rather play my old copy of Crystal then buy a new one. If GameFreak remade GSC, it would only be a matter of time before people would want a newer, more improved version of RSE.

umbracascade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 umbracascade
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts

"GameFreak is busy too, with the upcoming Diamond/Pearl games, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and the eventual third part to D/P we all know is coming. Compare that to a company like Bungie, who's creating one game at the moment, and you can say that GameFreaks got a lot planned for the coming years."

diamond and pearl were already made, all that is needed is translation. And honeslty how much change do you think they're going to make to the third game. It won't necessitate that much time to add in a few more trainers, maybe a new gimmick like the battle frontier or something. A remake wouldn't take much time, after all most of the dialogue remains the same and they could use the same sprites they made for emerald. I don't see how it's so "impossible"

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

Theres a difference between Sequel and Remake. A remake means to remake the game, story, Pokemon, etc. with a few changes. A sequel takes previous games and gives them a new story, or significantly revamps on a previous game. RSE are not set in the Johto region, I.E, there not remakes. If Im correct, they take place before the Johto adventures and the same time as the Kanto ones, so it would be a prequel._great_waddles_

They're more like expanded remakes since each new version contains the same content as the previous, while adding new elements. Also, releasing 3 versions of the same game each time a new one is made is ridiculus. Like the Mario Party series, they're the epitome of cash-in games; if you've played one of them, you've played them all. There's no real reason to own more than one.
serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 serj_tankian05
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
I wunt it 2 hppn dat wud be swweeet i wuld plA dat so much and so wud my freiahoy_
you spell like a second grader....
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _great_waddles_

"GameFreak is busy too, with the upcoming Diamond/Pearl games, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and the eventual third part to D/P we all know is coming. Compare that to a company like Bungie, who's creating one game at the moment, and you can say that GameFreaks got a lot planned for the coming years."

diamond and pearl were already made, all that is needed is translation. And honeslty how much change do you think they're going to make to the third game. It won't necessitate that much time to add in a few more trainers, maybe a new gimmick like the battle frontier or something. A remake wouldn't take much time, after all most of the dialogue remains the same and they could use the same sprites they made for emerald. I don't see how it's so "impossible"

umbracascade

Translation takes a while in any game, and is a lot of work. They have to translate the script, fix mistakes, and edit things. All of which is easier then it sounds. D/P was released in Japan in September. Its being released in North America in April. September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April. 8 Months, 2/3 of a year. Sounds like a lot of work. Its not all translation though. They have to make a NA DP compatible with a NA RSEFrLg. They have to rework the names of Pokemon, fix glitches, and more.

As for DP, glitches are a problem. The DP released in Japan had glitches. Most noteable, the Elite 4 Glitch, in which a user could use Surf on a door in the E4, and leave the boundries of the normal game. By walking a certain ammount of steps, then using the Digging tool for Sinnoh Underground (a new feature in the game), you could get to certain event Pokemon without activating an event. This allowed Pokemon such as Sheimi and Darkrai to be captured without going to an event. While this may be fixxed in newer versions of Japanese DP's, they have to fix other glitches that effect the game. And there are glitches.

As for using the same sprites as in Emerald, thats kinda useless. They wouldnt make a game for the DS, then release a new one for the GBA. Thats like making games for the GameCube instead of the Wii (Besides games like LoZ: TP, which was designed for the GCN). If GSC were to come to the GBA, it would have been announced. Not only that, but the same sprites could not be used, there were a lot of sprite changes between each game. For the Third game, the features they add will take some time. You cant snap your fingers and make the Battle Frontier appear. It takes months, even years. Its not so much "Impossible" as it is "Improbable". It doesnt fit in, so there would be little reason to buy it. Every Pokemon, aside from ones like Celebi, are available in the current games, as with many in DP (Between the two games, every Pokemon aside from Starters and Legendaries are available one way or another).

Remaking the games would be a waste of time and money. Therefore, theres little chance of a remake. If you like GSC so much, then play the original. It doesnt need fancy graphics and added features to be a good game.

Kolomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kolomo
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts
I remember playing red/blue/yellow on my GB Color when I was young but then I moved away from the mediocre RPGs and moved onto Final Fantasy.ffsage
FlopStationPortable and Crapstation 3 forums are that way ------->
kervin555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kervin555
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

First of everyone there is a gold remake in production as a firered rom hack.It's awesome.

Here's the URL:http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447 and read the first post.

khane_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 khane_13
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

they should make a remake of gold/silver. you cant link up with the newer ones, so how else could you finish they pokedex in firered, leafgreen, emerald and they other newer ones??? thats the only way i can think of , but if theres another please tell me

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I wunt it 2 hppn dat wud be swweeet i wuld plA dat so much and so wud my freiahoy_

Ah, there it goes!

God, I hate using that thing

mike0015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mike0015
Member since 2006 • 541 Posts
I've been saying they should make a pokemon yellow remake. Not the story it's old Firered And Leafgreen Did that, but the feature that a pokemon follows you around. Like you choose between the starters and and which everone you pick follows you around. Oh yeah and it can evolve. i hated that about pokemon yellow, Pikachu Couldn't Evolve.
rmx245xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rmx245xx
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

A gold and silver remake is Highly likely if anyone played diamond and pearl. Im sure everyone noticed all the hints toward a gold and silver remake. The filming of a red gyrados, jasmine appearing. the constant mentioning of professor elm. They even meniton lance to as the champion of the indigo and johto leagues.... does anyone here think its just a coincidence.

RasutoKoumyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RasutoKoumyou
You can go right ahead and call me a cheater, fine. But I noticed when I downloaded Pokesav, a very confusing peice of work, by the way, you could have your pokemon located from Johto, like what happens with Pal Park. (Hoenn, Kanto...) Why would they put that in with no Johto to originate with? Hmmm? And don't say the cheaters added that, because that section is not customizable.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Pokemon Gold was so awesome- it was like Pokemon Red but only miles better- brings back so many memories!
Robinvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Robinvd
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

LOL! i they dont make a remake then they miss alot of money 100% its a great way to sell more DS's wont you agree?

I think it will sell better then LG and FR.

PIKA740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PIKA740
Member since 2007 • 2502 Posts
What about the younger gen don't you think they want to play?
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I wouldn't want a Gold remake... it would ruin my fond memories of the original game. :?
PIKA740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PIKA740
Thats selfish.
k2rool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 k2rool

im 80% convinced there will be a G/S remake just for the record heres all the refrences ive found to them from FR/LG/D/P

From FR/LG:

On Team Rockets five island base the pc says somethinmg about forcing pokemon to evolve (what TR did in GSC), Celio mentions Bill is from goldenrod city,a man at the indigo plateau says Lance has a cousin who is a gym leader somwhere far away (hes refering to Clair johto's 8th gym leader), two island sells Rage Candybars (refrence to the lake of Rage), and some reworked GS music for the sevii islands.

From D/P

some of these have already been pointed out by other smart people

Red Gyarados report on tv, Secret Potion (description says its from Cianwood City, its the same item from GS) Jasmine obvously, pokemon location Johto (found by looking around inside game), a random dragon tamer mentions Dragons Den

And i know this probebly dosent count because it came out before even the FR/LG remakes but anyway in R/S

in petalburg city a man says that norman called his family (your family)over from the johto region.

and true you can get all the pokemon in G&S but the game itself is brilliant (my fav)and having an updated version of it would be brilliant.

PS if you were a real hardcore fan like me you would buy every game theymade i have, and if you eather dont want them to make a remake, dont care if they make a remake, or dont think they will make a remake then why are you even on this forum?

k2rool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 k2rool
they will probebly just call them fire gold and water silver. basic stuff lol
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
They should definetly consider remaking it. I'd preorder it as soon as it's announced lol
PIKA740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PIKA740
I'd get it!
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
A remake for DS would be great since they could make a lot of the menu's available on the touch screen.
PIKA740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PIKA740
Don't bump old topics.
SonicTheBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SonicTheBoom
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts

they should make a remake of pokemon gold with running shoes and improved graphics,
sorpotel

That's sounds cool, we need an easier way to get johto starters anyway, I hated playing colesseum thorugh to get a Typhlosion.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
If they we're to release Pokemon Gold/Silver/Cyrstal, they'd release onto the DS, not the GBA. Since as far as i know they stopped making GBA games.