Shirrako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shirrako
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts

I'll start of by saying that if the monthly fee was priced between £1-£5 i would probably be fine with it, but £12 a month? is Square Enix that desperate? i rather pay a full price for the game instead of having the pay everytime i decide to come back to the game,

Let's say i bought the game today and couldn't play often because i work often or have a family, so i play once a week or so, i would have to pay for like every 20hrs i play, that's a mess,it may help SE make money, but there are a lot of people that  are missing out on the game because of the Fee and ruining the FF reputation, there would be a lot more people playing the game if it was a pay a full price for a full game, i know atleast 10 people that didn't buy this game because of the fee, i won't either, to those defending the monthly fee, what if you pay for a monthly fee and then your ps3 breaks and you can't get another one until like next month because you' dont have £170 with you? would you pay for another monthly fee and say "SE made a good choice with the fee"?

Cyram0159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Cyram0159
Member since 2004 • 1074 Posts

I remember my first MMO...

In all honesty, though, a monthly fee is NOT a new thing. Remember that POS Sims Online game about 11 years ago? Yeah, that had a monthly fee, too. My wife and I both play this game so that's two monthly fees we have to pay. You're paying to support the game and to keep fresh content pouring out of it. Heck, they still charge for FFXI. I'm not trying to white knight, entirely, here. I'm just stating that you shouldn't talk slander about a company producing an MMO and then charging every month for it. It's not a new practice. If I get new things to do every three months like promised, I will be happy and will pay every month.

mvirata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mvirata
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts

It was my idea, I invented it.

xJackelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xJackelx
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts

I'll start of by saying that if the monthly fee was priced between £1-£5 i would probably be fine with it, but £12 a month? is Square Enix that desperate? i rather pay a full price for the game instead of having the pay everytime i decide to come back to the game,

Let's say i bought the game today and couldn't play often because i work often or have a family, so i play once a week or so, i would have to pay for like every 20hrs i play, that's a mess,it may help SE make money, but there are a lot of people that  are missing out on the game because of the Fee and ruining the FF reputation, there would be a lot more people playing the game if it was a pay a full price for a full game, i know atleast 10 people that didn't buy this game because of the fee, i won't either, to those defending the monthly fee, what if you pay for a monthly fee and then your ps3 breaks and you can't get another one until like next month because you' dont have £170 with you? would you pay for another monthly fee and say "SE made a good choice with the fee"?

Shirrako
Quite possibly the most worthless thing I've read on GameSpot in a long time.
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts
but there are a lot of people that are missing out on the game because of the FeeShirrako
They'd mostly be teenagers who currently can't convince their parents to put their credit card numbers in. That said, SE wouldn't have any incentive to create new and exciting content if there wasn't a monthly fee. You're paying for regular, meaningful updates. If you don't like that idea, then go play Guild Wars II.
DMND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DMND
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Worth paying since the game will not last only 8 to 20 hours like, for example, The Last of Us. I end up saving a lot of money on new crappy games when I engage in new MMOs.
ancova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ancova
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I believe there are time-card options. You may have to import them from Japan for now, but you can pay by the hour. There's a lot of demand for them in NA and EU, and S-E has announced they will be selling them in all regions sometime soon. So, just buy those when it comes out.
SnappySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SnappySnake
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

Simple. It keeps ingrates out.

sssb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 sssb
Member since 2003 • 522 Posts

U right 15 £ is too much especially for people who can't play everyday or play 6 hours at per day like me cuz I have jop to look after, I dont know about others player but if SE make u pay for hours to play like buying 100 or 200 hours will be better in my opinion especially for people whk always busy with work and family, in the end I like to say SE don't care about players if they able to play or not they care how much $£¥ they got T_T.

SnappySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SnappySnake
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

Tell me. If you were to be the person in a charge of an MMO, would you put a monthly fee or not? Take your time to think about your answer. Think about everything it represents. Don't just say yes or no. 

sssb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sssb

Tell me. If you were to be the person in a charge of an MMO, would you put a monthly fee or not? Take your time to think about your answer. Think about everything it represents. Don't just say yes or no. 

SnappySnake

I'm not saying should be monthly fee, what I'm saying they should give other solution to player who can play few hours at day when u get jop u I'll understand:cool:

qbik911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 qbik911
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

[QUOTE="SnappySnake"]

sssb

I'm not saying should be monthly fee, what I'm saying they should give other solution to player who can play few hours at day when u get jop u I'll understand:cool:

I guess your "Jop" aint worth shit since you cant affort $15 a month for something that you enjoy more then couple hours...get a real job, k?

sssb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sssb

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="SnappySnake"]

qbik911

I guess your "Jop" aint worth shit since you cant affort $15 a month for something that you enjoy more then couple hours...get a real job, k?

Kids today, I'm not talk about money about time, u still in mother huge,  u I'll know when grow up. 

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

How should they value your time spent in the game? I mean even if you could only play say 4 hours on the weekend that's 16 hours a month. Is 1 dollar per hour too much? What if you also catch some time at the end of a workday?  That drops the cost per hour to well below 1 dollar.

15 dollars a month is fairly reasonable, as a pay per use method would likely end up costing more than you want especially if you don't play the same number of hours every month.

twi41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 twi41
Member since 2002 • 2471 Posts

I would much rather pay a subscirption than pay loads of money to experience a terrible grind without access to everything that paying players can get ( with usually spending more money than a monthly sub would cost ).

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

[QUOTE="qbik911"]

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="SnappySnake"]

sssb

Kids today, I'm not talk about money about time, u still in mother huge,  u I'll know when grow up. 

Do you work 24 hours a day? If not you have time, I work full time and still manage to get lots of play time in, if 12-15 dollars a month is too much then just say that, don't make it seem like having a job makes it impossible to play.

zimerust105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zimerust105
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Seeing as this game already embarrassingly failed and had to go OFFLINE, it should be free to play. It's an absolute joke that it requires a monthly fee. The only people paying to play this game are fanboys who like grinding.
Avatar image for jedinortd_basic
jedinortd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jedinortd_basic
Member since 2002 • 694 Posts
Fee doesn't bother me. Maybe because I'm legacy lol. 9.99 and 8 characters per server. I can live with that :P
Dizzy1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dizzy1976
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="qbik911"]

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="SnappySnake"]

sensfanVone

Do you work 24 hours a day? If not you have time, I work full time and still manage to get lots of play time in, if 12-15 dollars a month is too much then just say that, don't make it seem like having a job makes it impossible to play.

I work upwards of 60+ hours a week and I still manage to get more entertainment out tof this game than I do spending 20$ at a movie for 2 hours.  I have no issues with paying 15$ a month. Its a quality product.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fda9d56d5960
deactivated-5fda9d56d5960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

User Lists: 19

#22 deactivated-5fda9d56d5960
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts

The subscription fee is high and potentially disparate, I'm surprised folks can still defend this given the amount of free-to-play content that exists out there today. The good news is that at least you're not paying xbox live + game subscription which is probably one reason why I believe u don't see this game on the 360 based on intereviews I read sometime ago. Anyway, I believe one solution is an actual pay-by-time option as opposed to monthly (seems like an outdated model). This would not be hard since you have to login and SE should be able to easily track time-spent. This way if you play more one month you pay more that month, play less then you pay less. That would be simple and fair and it can be done.

Eraldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Eraldus
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="qbik911"]

[QUOTE="sssb"]

[QUOTE="SnappySnake"]

Dizzy1976

I work upwards of 60+ hours a week and I still manage to get more entertainment out tof this game than I do spending 20$ at a movie for 2 hours.  I have no issues with paying 15$ a month. Its a quality product.

LOL"quality product"
jonnyb81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jonnyb81
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

It's simple.  If you don't want to pay to play it, then don't.  We won't miss you.  It's been years since I've had this much fun on a game, and there's TONS of people on my server enjoying it as much as me.  I can't wait for all the extra content my subscription fees are paying for.  

Ps - it's "Whose idea," not "Who's idea." :)

Rock_Roberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Rock_Roberts
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

It's an MMO. What do you expect? You want free-to-play, then go play DCUO, Guild Wars, or SWTOR. Everyone knew that they was bringing this back. I don't mind it. I have a wife, three kids, and a job that I am at 7 days a week (no joke) for 8 1/2 hours a day and I still find time to get on after work and wind-down.

I have no problem pay the fee because I know that I get enjoyment out of it over-and-over-and over unlike paying $20-$30 to watch a movie one time.

If you can't afford the $15 a month, really, you shouldn't have a PS3 or a spending all your time on some internet forums complaining about a fee that is less then half a tank of gas. Get back to the grill and flip them burgers. And no, I don't want fries with that either.