Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

I enjoyed watching it, seeing my favorite FF characters in live action, although I think the story is not that great... but i'm glad to know that by the end of them ovie, Cloud has finally let go of his guilt-feeling for XXX [you know... :P)

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
Yeah i loved it, plot was guessable, but the action scenes were brilliant.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I HATE IT. One of the worst movies I've seen in a while.
nackopacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nackopacko
Member since 2007 • 1022 Posts

I loved it, cuzz I could relax and not type any buttons only pause:D

And I saw Caith Sith in action I think....:)

Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
I love that movie so much!I watch it every Friday nights with my kitty.I like the part where Cloud and Sephiroth fight. =)
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
The plot was bad. IT was just a rehash of hte original game watered down. The fight scenes were poorly choreographed and rediculously over the top. The only thing I liked about it was the animation being good
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
I think its a good film. cloud could have been a bit less sad but apart from that i loved everything, from the graphics to the story, to the fight scenes. its probably my favourite film. Others i like are mission impossible 3 and nightmare before christmas
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

you can't really say the fights wer over the top, if ud been through as many fights as in FFVII and had magic on ur side i reckon u cud move that fast and control those motorbike thingys lol...

looked amazing, loved the fights, good soundtrack, though two criticisms, firstly im the sort of guy that likes things to be over the top and thought the story was a boring slightly unfitting end, probably because i dnt really want the story to end lol, secondly they should have had more of Yuffie n more Zack(wiv aerith), instead of the jestings of rude n tseng...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fs_metal

you can't really say the fights wer over the top, if ud been through as many fights as in FFVII and had magic on ur side i reckon u cud move that fast and control those motorbike thingys lol...

looked amazing, loved the fights, good soundtrack, though two criticisms, firstly im the sort of guy that likes things to be over the top and thought the story was a boring slightly unfitting end, probably because i dnt really want the story to end lol, secondly they should have had more of Yuffie n more Zack(wiv aerith), instead of the jestings of rude n tseng...

A_Fading_Scream
Yes you can say they were over the top. All that flying BS? Save that for the Matrix. Atleast that movie has an explanation for it
kadaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kadaj666
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
Still my favorite movie. I always thought FFVII was pretty over the top, so the action scenes seemed to fit. After starting to work in 3d I'm even more awed by the graphics.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
Yes you can say they were over the top. All that flying BS? Save that for the Matrix. Atleast that movie has an explanation for itfs_metal

I think that the battle between Tifa and Loz was done very vell; it was the best one in the film. Though when you consider that the gang parachuted into Midgar on the second disc of FFVII, all that flying around was definitely over the top. When I looked at the world of Final Fantasy VII, I imagined it like the year 2071 in Cowboy Bebop with a mix of magic from Miyazaki's film. A fun movie non the less, but it definitely wasn't what I expected.

goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 goodbyethumbs
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
A great film, loved seeing the old favourites in action again. And it is over the top, i was watching one of the extra features with the creators and the creation process and they said they intended it to be OTT. They said something along the lines of "we didn't want to make a movie that was realistic, we wanted to make one that was fun to watch" and as far as im concerned they succeeded. I didn't like Kadaj in it though, i found him very irritating.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrAwesomeMD

A great film, loved seeing the old favourites in action again. And it is over the top, i was watching one of the extra features with the creators and the creation process and they said they intended it to be OTT. They said something along the lines of "we didn't want to make a movie that was realistic, we wanted to make one that was fun to watch" and as far as im concerned they succeeded. I didn't like Kadaj in it though, i found him very irritating.goodbyethumbs

Finally, someone who agrees with me. I didn't like his "Oh mommy, I want to please you" attitude. I thought Sephiroth was a bit of a mamma's boy in the original, but he took it to a whole new level.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
It's a terrible movie, but it works as fan-service. I actually consider it one of the worst films I've ever seen.
goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 goodbyethumbs
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

exactly what i thought Drawesome. His whole whiney attitude was like nails on a chalk board, and who ever did the english voice acting for him sounded awful. I just watch it in japanese now.

By the way what the hell was in that box that he was crying over in the midgar ruins? i never really understood that bit :S was it materia or something else?

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

It...was...soooooo...bad. Looking at it from a movie perspective, the plot was terrible. The RPG genre is all about great stories and being a sequel put in movie format i was expecting much more. And the fact that movies are shorter that games isnt an excuse, shoot if it aint perfect then dont sell it. I mean seriously im sure theres plenty of fanfiction sequels that bury AC's story alive. Everything else was fine to me especially the graphics and as metioned before me the Tifa fight (about the only scene i watch whenever i watch the now)

O and as for that depression factor Cloud was dealing with through the whoooooole movie, theres perscripsions for that pal. I want the arrogant, take charge, motivational speaker Cloud back!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
A great film, loved seeing the old favourites in action again. And it is over the top, i was watching one of the extra features with the creators and the creation process and they said they intended it to be OTT. They said something along the lines of "we didn't want to make a movie that was realistic, we wanted to make one that was fun to watch" and as far as im concerned they succeeded. I didn't like Kadaj in it though, i found him very irritating.goodbyethumbs
Over the top os not necessarily a bad thing. I mean Equlibrium is over the top, but I love that movie. AC was so over the top, however, that it was like "This is just stupid"
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal

It...was...soooooo...bad. Looking at it from a movie perspective, the plot was terrible. The RPG genre is all about great stories and being a sequel put in movie format i was expecting much more. And the fact that movies are shorter that games isnt an excuse, shoot if it aint perfect then dont sell it. I mean seriously im sure theres plenty of fanfiction sequels that bury AC's story alive. Everything else was fine to me especially the graphics and as metioned before me the Tifa fight (about the only scene i watch whenever i watch the now)

O and as for that depression factor Cloud was dealing with through the whoooooole movie, theres perscripsions for that pal. I want the arrogant, take charge, motivational speaker Cloud back!

MiracleMir
Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hell
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hellfs_metal

Cloud has always been motivational through his actions, and when he tried to motivate people with words it just didn't work. Like FG had in his signature, let's mosey. For a moment he was arrogant in the beginning of the game; but such confidence came from his locked away memories of Zack. But after that..he popped pills. He still looks like a bad mofo fighting Rosso and chopping the Lifestream in half before whipping out his PHS.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
I really liked the movie it was enjoyable. The games are better though since you get to make the battles yours though!;)
frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts
This is possibly the best CG movie I have ever seen. I really hope a sequel could be made possible. Or a prequel portraying the character of Zach, like what we see now in crisis core.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hellNeoGen85

Cloud has always been motivational through his actions, and when he tried to motivate people with words it just didn't work. Like FG had in his signature, let's mosey. For a moment he was arrogant in the beginning of the game; but such confidence came from his locked away memories of Zack. But after that..he popped pills. He still looks like a bad mofo fighting Rosso and chopping the Lifestream in half before whipping out his PHS.

No he hasn't. He either acts emo or completely blows people off. Cloud is the exact opposite of what a leader should be
kadaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kadaj666
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts

exactly what i thought Drawesome. His whole whiney attitude was like nails on a chalk board, and who ever did the english voice acting for him sounded awful. I just watch it in japanese now.

By the way what the hell was in that box that he was crying over in the midgar ruins? i never really understood that bit :S was it materia or something else?

goodbyethumbs

That would be Jenova's head of course.:D

nackopacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nackopacko
Member since 2007 • 1022 Posts
[QUOTE="goodbyethumbs"]

kadaj666

We kinda dont know if it was her head inside:D, but we know that it was a part of her;)

LongWay2Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LongWay2Go
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts

Never really understood the whole movie. o.O I watched the Japanese one lol. Can someone please give a brief summary or something? Appreciate it, thanks.

My favorite scene would be Tifa and Loz fighting in the Church.

A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 A_Fading_Scream
[QUOTE="MiracleMir"]

fs_metal

Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hell

gettin in2 sum deep stuff here...

A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 A_Fading_Scream
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hellfs_metal

No he hasn't. He either acts emo or completely blows people off. Cloud is the exact opposite of what a leader should be

what a leader should be is widely up for debate...if it wasn't then our society would be flawed and ideals such as Pascal's Wager and many other philosophies would become worthless

A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 A_Fading_Scream
[QUOTE="kadaj666"][QUOTE="goodbyethumbs"]

nackopacko

We kinda dont know if it was her head inside:D, but we know that it was a part of her;)

actually depending on which version u watch it changes due to complicated translations, i believe that one of the turks comes out with th comment "what am i saying? that's jenova's frikkin head!"

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Clud never was an arrogant take charge motivational speaker dude :| He do3es need pills though. Yo uare right about that. Dude has serious depression issues. Emo as hellA_Fading_Scream

what a leader should be is widely up for debate...if it wasn't then our society would be flawed and ideals such as Pascal's Wager and many other philosophies would become worthless

An ontrovert that shoves others aside and keeps to himself fits none of hte descriptions of what a leader should be.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
It as a ok movie. Although I do wish they used the other characters more.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fs_metal
They did virutally nothing with Red XIII. Why? He was the best one, save Zack
Schulzygrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Schulzygrl
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
I really like the movie. Of course its not as good as the game, but the grapics alone make it awesome. The grapics in Advent Children were better then the ones in Beowolf...and that movie was supposed to be the best thing ever but, I hated that movie so maybe I'm biased...but in all honesty, I think that AC was a better movie than Beowolf
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal
I really like the movie. Of course its not as good as the game, but the grapics alone make it awesome. The grapics in Advent Children were better then the ones in Beowolf...and that movie was supposed to be the best thing ever but, I hated that movie so maybe I'm biased...but in all honesty, I think that AC was a better movie than BeowolfSchulzygrl
The CG in AC can't touch the CG in The 300
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fantasy_Gamer
I wish the other characters made more apperance... Maybe a 1-on-1 battle between Yazoo and Barret or Vincent would be great.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fs_metal
Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :D
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fantasy_Gamer

Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :Dfs_metal

Nanaki should be the one who battled those for-legged beasts that chased Cloud early in the movie. It colud have been a better fight. ;)

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
I had mixed feelings over it. The fight scenes and animations were top notch, but the story was pretty stupid. Cloud reverting back to his emo self kinda killed it for me.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
I wish the other characters made more apperance... Maybe a 1-on-1 battle between Yazoo and Barret or Vincent would be great.Fantasy_Gamer
Yea the movie was pretty much only Tifa and Cloud based though:(.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :DFantasy_Gamer

Nanaki should be the one who battled those for-legged beasts that chased Cloud early in the movie. It colud have been a better fight. ;)

Everything is better with him involved....save maybe sex :P
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fantasy_Gamer

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]I wish the other characters made more apperance... Maybe a 1-on-1 battle between Yazoo and Barret or Vincent would be great.siberian142
Yea the movie was pretty much only Tifa and Cloud based though:(.

Tifa is the best! :P

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fantasy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :Dfs_metal

I've never even thought about the latter. :| :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :DFantasy_Gamer

Neither have I....until I made that wise crack. Now let it haunt all your dreams. *muahahahahaha*
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Eff Barrett. It needed more Red XIII. Some furry love :Dfs_metal

Neither have I....until I made that wise crack. Now let it haunt all your dreams. *muahahahahaha*

It haunted my dreams! :| :evil:

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal
Haha. You dreams about Red XIII doing someone *points and laugh*
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fantasy_Gamer
If Seto's curse can only be removed... Nanaki will be happy. :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fs_metal

Wait what?

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fantasy_Gamer
Haha. Nanaki wil lbe happy. :P I refuse to elaborate that. :P :lol:
Mozillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mozillo
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

i enjoyed it, it was fairly good... the plot was lacking... well a plot. I found the biggest problem with it was Barret. I was wondering if it could've been any more racists. The best parts were the action scenes, mostly the final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth. But also Cloud and his classic motor cycle sword fighting. I thought it lacked enough Vincent and RedXIII though they as well as Cloud and Sephiroth are the best characters with the best background (even though we don't have any idea what Vincent is, is he a vampire? a human? WHAT?)

But yeah overall it was fairly good. But yeah a bit too much angst as well