PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
Don't be shy! Just pick an FF game you like least and write about it! For me, that happens to be the first one. I KNOW it started a revolution in gaming and in RPGs blah blah blah, but it was kinda boring. There wasn't really an engaging storyline that kept you actually CARING about beating a huge boss. This game's fun, I'll give it that. But fun is all it goes. It's not a game you'd be dying to finish like the remarkable sequels.
sa_jcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 sa_jcfan
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts
I'd have to say the 2nd one. I got FFI & FFII shortly after it came out. I loved the first game but the 2nd one pissed me off because you had to level up your weapon skills (very time consuming). It was also annoying when I was walking around, I randomly encountered a high level monster. The Inn was the worst because the price kept going up each time you go into it. 
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
FF Tactics. Not only it is the hardest FF game but also i have no idea whats the story of that game even though i have played that game a hundred times.
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FenrirMM
Member since 2004 • 2952 Posts
Don't be shy! Just pick an FF game you like least and write about it! For me, that happens to be the first one. I KNOW it started a revolution in gaming and in RPGs blah blah blah, but it was kinda boring. There wasn't really an engaging storyline that kept you actually CARING about beating a huge boss. This game's fun, I'll give it that. But fun is all it goes. It's not a game you'd be dying to finish like the remarkable sequels.PhantomPhoot
i have to agree......i started playing the ff games with ff 7 so i look for a an amazing story, and ff 1 didnt have that, so thats why i didnt like it
Gmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gmythe
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

FF Tactics. Not only it is the hardest FF game but also i have no idea whats the story of that game even though i have played that game a hundred times.Orasion_Seiz

awww that my fav ff game :(

but i guess the ff game dislike the most is ff8..... cause it's takes to long before the story gets any good. i just felt why am i playing this game..... o ya cause it an ff game......:?

-Clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Clarke
Member since 2004 • 13934 Posts
Don't be shy! Just pick an FF game you like least and write about it! For me, that happens to be the first one. I KNOW it started a revolution in gaming and in RPGs blah blah blah, but it was kinda boring. There wasn't really an engaging storyline that kept you actually CARING about beating a huge boss. This game's fun, I'll give it that. But fun is all it goes. It's not a game you'd be dying to finish like the remarkable sequels.PhantomPhoot
FFV since I couldn't kill that golden dragon.
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FenrirMM

[QUOTE="Orasion_Seiz"]FF Tactics. Not only it is the hardest FF game but also i have no idea whats the story of that game even though i have played that game a hundred times.Gmythe

but i guess the ff game dislike the most is ff8..... cause it's takes to long before the story gets any good. i just felt why am i playing this game..... o ya cause it an ff game......:?

hm......8 seems to always be the game that gets the most love or hate......it's the game that people just cant agree on lol.....i personally love it and think it's story was great from begininng to end
Axe_336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Axe_336
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
The problem with 8 was the gameplay, but I actually disliked 9 more than 8 overall.  Worst Final Fantasy?  Hmmm, well, I don't really count XI so I can't say that one.  My brother said 2 was downright annoying, that you couldn't figure out where to go, so I'll go with his opinion on the matter since I can't really think of one thats the worst.  They all have problems.
Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
Final Fantasy Tactics for me.. I bought and played it... but I could never get into it, I hate tactics games with a passion wow. (the fact that every battles took 30mins did not help at all either). But yea thats the FF I hate the most that and Spirits Within.. ok movie but take FF off the title please.. doesnt even compare in depth and scope.
MateuszNosek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MateuszNosek
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
Hmmm... the worst FF... I think that the worst is FF9... because it's boring and 4 chars in battles didn't fit me...
tabian00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 tabian00
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
I have to go with the Tactics as my personal worst game in the series. The thought of taking a traditional role playing game and adding a "chess-like" theory of attack ranges and directional attacking didn't do anything to advance the popularity of the series. I did like how the job system was involved but the sheer frustration of the battling allowed me to put it down and never actually finish the game before selling it for in-store credit to buy FFX. :D
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FenrirMM
The problem with 8 was the gameplay, but I actually disliked 9 more than 8 overall. Worst Final Fantasy? Hmmm, well, I don't really count XI so I can't say that one. My brother said 2 was downright annoying, that you couldn't figure out where to go, so I'll go with his opinion on the matter since I can't really think of one thats the worst. They all have problems.Axe_336
ah....i loooove nine lol, might even be my favorite. and yeah 8's gameplay is wierd, but it wasn't really to bad...the only really annoying part was the gf use at the begininng, but if you play it right you can get to where your customization of your characters through the junction system was good enough to where you dont really need gf's anymore
Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
I think the 2nd Final Fantasy was bad raising your weapon skills was a waste of time.
AndySz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AndySz
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts
Yup ff 2 was pretty bad :|. but it was "playable".
soulreaper187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 soulreaper187
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

i'd have to say ffta is for me anyways, theres no point to the game it's all most

like there making fun of fft.

-Clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Clarke
Member since 2004 • 13934 Posts
Yup ff 2 was pretty bad :|. but it was "playable".AndySz
The remake on origins kicked ass
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FenrirMM
[QUOTE="AndySz"]Yup ff 2 was pretty bad :|. but it was "playable".-Clarke

i could never get into
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
I'd have to say The original just because it was pretty basic.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
My least favorite would be FFX, I just didnt think the story was very good, And the main character Tidus just anoyed me, His personality was not befitting of a main character, Auron would have been better, Plust the game its self isnt very long. I'm not saying that I hate the game, I just think that it definitly wasnt Squares best attempt at a new consol.
soadrock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#20 soadrock2
Member since 2005 • 3561 Posts
The worst is Crystal Chronicles, it didnt feel like FF and i think it was bland and boring, not to mention there wasn't much to do, aside from that i didnt like 8 much- obviously it was still great its jsut it was my least fav mroe soem reason.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Orasion_Seiz

[QUOTE="-Clarke"][QUOTE="AndySz"]Yup ff 2 was pretty bad :|. but it was "playable".FenrirMM

i could never get into

oh yes the remake on origin is really nice. they even put CG intros in the game :)

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
FF2 for the sole reson that the power up system is annoying.
mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts
[QUOTE="Gmythe"]

[QUOTE="Orasion_Seiz"]FF Tactics. Not only it is the hardest FF game but also i have no idea whats the story of that game even though i have played that game a hundred times.FenrirMM

but i guess the ff game dislike the most is ff8..... cause it's takes to long before the story gets any good. i just felt why am i playing this game..... o ya cause it an ff game......:?

hm......8 seems to always be the game that gets the most love or hate......it's the game that people just cant agree on lol.....i personally love it and think it's story was great from begininng to end

Haha I couldn't agree more (about the love or hate thing). But I'm on the hate side, the story I thought was actually really good. But the gameplay just pissed me off........

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
FFX-2....I could just never get into it and gave up playing it after an hour or so.
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FenrirMM
[QUOTE="FenrirMM"][QUOTE="Gmythe"]

[QUOTE="Orasion_Seiz"]FF Tactics. Not only it is the hardest FF game but also i have no idea whats the story of that game even though i have played that game a hundred times.mr_bri9htside

Haha I couldn't agree more (about the love or hate thing). But I'm on the hate side, the story I thought was actually really good. But the gameplay just pissed me off........

it was squares first real attempt at making an ff with really custamizable characters...if you look at it like that, it's really not that bad as far as the junction sytem. the one thing that got annoying for me was the reliance on gf's......but once you get good enough through the customizing, you dont even need'em
FenrirMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FenrirMM
FFX-2....I could just never get into it and gave up playing it after an hour or so.darksword1123
an hour.......dude, you didn't even give it a chancem, not saying it's one of my favorites but it's still a decent game
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
FF2 and... 5 were pretty bad.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Orasion_Seiz

FF2 and... 5 were pretty bad.eztarg8

FFV was bad? wait till you see GBA version of it :)

but personally FFV isnt that bad for me at least. it has some of the best story and boss battles