What is the best character system for the series?

mstclair833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstclair833
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts
By character system (not really knowing exactly what to call it), I mean FFVII's materia system, FFVIII's junction system, basic levelling up from the beginning of the series, and the FFX sphere grid, among others. I personally enjoyed the sphere grid the most by far. I thought that it was very interesting to level up your character's so high that everyone could learn every skill that you wanted a specific character to learn. The level of customization with the sphere grid was unparalleled in the series to that point, and I enjoyed using it to its fullest potential.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#2 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I didn't much like FFVII's Materia thing. It was alright, but I wasn't much into it. But I LOVE Final Fantasy VIII's Junction system. Works amazingly well. But I ALSO love Final Fantasy X's Shpere Grid. I'm really torn between those two...
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

The grid system for FFX was to much of a hassel in my opinion. Also the junction system and the way magic worked period of was laugh. I enjoyed the concept of materia and it's connection to the Lifestream. But! Just give me the job system and I'll be fine.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
I say none. Give me the bare bones ATB from FFIV and I'm happy.
svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts
i loved the sphere grid of Final Fantasy X because if done right you could have unlimited stats (exaggerating)
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amnesiac23
I know. With enough time you could learn just about anything. Of course you'd have to play the game for about a year but lol I can be done. I don't understand why no one likes the Junction. I loved the way that worked. Although sometimes it could be a bit of a pain in the ***.....
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I love endless customization possibilities... Matria System for me... Next is Job System.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Amnesiac23
I love endless customization possibilities... Matria System for me... Next is Job System.Fantasy_Gamer
That's what's so great about Final Fantasy, endless possiblities! No matter what system they pretty much beat out any other RPG in the customization area.
soulreaper187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 soulreaper187
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
I like the spear grid myself
HarrisKrishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 HarrisKrishna
Member since 2004 • 9346 Posts
Materia is kewl I loved that :D
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#11 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
being a FFVIII fanatic i would have to say the junction system
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amnesiac23
*cheers* I have someone who agree's with me. I was feeling all alone there for a minute...
Huma34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Huma34
Member since 2005 • 382 Posts
well i have never played FF7 so i dont know much about the materia system, i do like FFX's sphere grid, but nothing annoys me moere then when i dont have enough spheres to go further and still fill the nodes.  I personally dont like FF*'s junctioning system but do like the game itself.  nope im old school, i just prefer characters that learn new magic and skills as they lvl.  But  choice is good too.  like lvling and deciding what to spend points on, something like that.
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
I liked both the sphere grid and the junction system the best. They were both sort of fun to mess with and were also unique.
ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadowMountain
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Junction - Once you know how to use it you can endlessly customise your character very easily and it offers the most ways to play (i.e. relying on magic or high stats/status attacks or limit breaks etc)
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Amnesiac23
well i have never played FF7 so i dont know much about the materia system, i do like FFX's sphere grid, but nothing annoys me moere then when i dont have enough spheres to go further and still fill the nodes.  I personally dont like FF*'s junctioning system but do like the game itself.  nope im old school, i just prefer characters that learn new magic and skills as they lvl.  But  choice is good too.  like lvling and deciding what to spend points on, something like that.Huma34
Yes the level spheres are near impossible to get, and you actually need a good bit of them to go on sometimes.....very annoying.
Avatar image for paintball102089
paintball102089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 paintball102089
Member since 2004 • 1694 Posts
the License board in FFXII looks so cool but since i havent actually played the game and used it ill say materia.
Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
Hmm, I like the idea of the Sphere Grid, but I felt that it was just too restricted. I freakin' hated Junction, but it wasn't untill the third disc that I fully understood how to use it, so it gets my vote. Nothing against the other Character Systems.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Amnesiac23
lol it took me a while to figure out of to use the **** thing too, when I first played. Although I think maybe everyone has that problem with the Junction System. And the toutorial made it even more confusing so I ended up figuring it out on my own. But once you learn to use it right, and to your advantage, it's all good. :P