Versus XIII: Is the delay beneficial or detrimental?

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

What do you think about the continued delay in the release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII? We haven't heard any major development regarding it. It started development at the same time range as Final Fantasy XIII, but there will be Type 0 and XIII-2 soon and Versus XIII seems not to be reaching 50% completion.

Personally, the excitement in me has long died. I have not even thought about it until today. I just let SE release it when they want it. 

JensonHurasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JensonHurasha
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
I'm just hoping they're taking their time as to make it as good of a game as possible.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#3 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
By the time they release it, no one is going to care any more. I understand if a company postpones a game because they want to make it better, but they seem to be pushing this game back further and further so that they can work on other spin-offs. :S
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fantasy_Gamer
If feel the same way. I wonder what kind of game is it that it will take millions of years to finish. :P
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
I can only pray that the story will be unlike anything we've seen by Final Fantasy standards.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts

I don't care much as long as it turns into a unique and unforgettable game, and yes I still have high hopes on this exact title :).

Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aeolusfox
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
Detrimental. You can expect people to have very high expectations for it for as long as it's taking and if those expectations aren't met, then you can expect this game to die out with president Clinton.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SQUALL20XX
Yeah if it doesn't met our expectations after all the time it took, you can image how disappointed we will be :/
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#10 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I want it still but the excitment has died when so many other great games are being made that actually will see a release date in the near future.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SQUALL20XX

I want it still but the excitment has died when so many other great games are being made that actually will see a release date in the near future.Lightning__Evil

Talking about FF games? Or games in general?

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lightning__Evil
Games in general but I am also really looking forward to XIII-2 and type-0 if we see it PSP state side
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SQUALL20XX

#Lightning__Evil - Hopefully we can get FFXIII-2 on January 2012 for the PS3, don't know about the release date for FF Type-0.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SQUALL20XX
Sweet, FF Type-0 will be released on Oct 27, 2011, if only I can understand Japanese :/
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Amnesiac23
Wow. That's sooner than I thought. I'm taking Japanese right now, but sadly I'm still at first grade level :P
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SQUALL20XX

Wow. That's sooner than I thought. I'm taking Japanese right now, but sadly I'm still at first grade level :PAmnesiac23

I always wished to learn Japanese, so you are studying it as a course within your college or what?

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Amnesiac23
I'm taking it in college. I've always wanted to learn it and to get my M.A. degree, I have to be completely fluent in a second language, so it all works out.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fantasy_Gamer
I wonder what's taking Nomura so long to finish this game... Maybe a teleportation machine would be invented first before they can release it. :P
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I was super excited at first along with every other FF fan but the anticipation has definetly died down some. I think the wait is hurting it cause some people might think long developement time = great game. But that isn't always the case. We've seen what happened with XIII. It was in developement for some time as well. Alot of hype really made that game less loved & more hated than the last FF game to take a while (XII). People are going to expect this game to be best in the series but I doubt it'll live up to that expectation. We all know this long developement time isn't because they've been working on it day & night for the past 5+ years. They've stopped working on it on serval occassions to help with other projects. Seeing the newer trailers do peak my interest but I'm not so caught up in the release date anymore. It could be a few more years before it comes out. I bet we'll see screen shots of FFXV before Versus comes out. And it wouldn't surprise me none if the game gets cancelled.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lightning__Evil
It seems like square needs to get more people involved in their project to make sure they make all their titles of high quality and get them released in a timely fashion. Also, why the hate on XIII, linear doesn't need to be bad and XIV had much bigger problems as far as release and reception.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I wasn't trying to hate on XIII. In fact I liked it alot because of it's "flaws". I was trying to make a point that XIII was in developement for a while & when it came out....there was so much negative flack. Same with XII, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well. I'm just trying to make the point that long developement time doesn't equal great game.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lightning__Evil
I agree with that, and I also saw that you defended XII in another thread after I had posted here. I need to play XII. LIke many FFs, I have it but have yet to play it.
JensonHurasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JensonHurasha
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
I agree with that, and I also saw that you defended XII in another thread after I had posted here. I need to play XII. LIke many FFs, I have it but have yet to play it.Lightning__Evil
Play it nao!
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lightning__Evil

I can't play it nao! I have three sections and a quiz in calc due tomorrow plus I have to read a 20 page paper so I can write a report on it. I'll get there...eventually ;)

I read a report that said that it has been announced that versus and type-0 have both entered production/development. This confused me alot because the report was dated this month but type-0 has obviously been in production/development for a while now given it comes out next month in Japan. Versus where are you?

Also, side-note, did anyone else see the news that a domain name has been registered online for a FFXIII-3. I found that kinda interesting and if its true Square is kinda jumping the gun when XIII-2 isn't even out yet. 

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
Square is damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to FFvsXIII. I have no doubt several aspects of it's production went back to base after FFXIII's feedback came in. If they released it incomplete then it would suck. If they don't give every individual fan exactly what they want, people complain and say they don't listen to their "fans". If they take a long time on it...people complain. If they're going to be on the receiving end of whining no matter what they do, then they might as well take their time and try to produce the best game possible. Nobody really knows what this game is going to be like anyway, so there isn't any real reason to get worked-up about it.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lightning__Evil
They just need to avoid their major blunder that they made with FFXIV. Thats actually propably why they aren't working on versus. FFXIV is an MMO that failed, and they still aren't charging people while they fix it so supporting an MMO while not receiving subscription charges must be a major drain on the company they need to fix first.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#27 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
SE should have never mentioned FFVsXIII till they actually started working on it. I was still in high school when they announced it and that was more than 4 years ago.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lightning__Evil
Right, because they announced it in 2006 and we're almost at 2012.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 D3dr0_0
I just hope it's nothing short to amazing. As long as it has an intresting story good characters and a great battle system.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lightning__Evil
You mean like XIII? :lol:
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 D3dr0_0
We don't share the same opinion there Final Fantasy XIII was my least favorite Final Fantasy I've played. The only character I could tolerate was Lightning, The battle system was OK but I liked the previous Final Fantasies a lot more and as for the story I couldn't get into it nor did I care for it.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lightning__Evil
I was trying to be sarcastic with that post thats why I added the :lol:, however although I agree with you that XIII had some issues across the board, I still liked the game and I honestly couldn't say its my least favorite since I've only played XIII, the X's, and the Dissidia's to completion and have enjoyed them all.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 D3dr0_0
Gamestop must be messing up I can't see anyone's signatures and those emotion icons. I'll agree FFXIII isn't as bad as I sometimes rage about but it's definitely not a good Final Fantasy.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SQUALL20XX
The most beautiful Final Fantasy game yet is an imperfect but still impressive saga that will touch your heart, FFXIII got an 8.5 so definitely it's a great game.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lightning__Evil
Let's just see how its sequel and versus can either work of its success or become even more successful :D
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SQUALL20XX
The eternal wait :/
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lightning__Evil
Eternal maybe for versus, we know when XIII-2 comes out; the wait isn't that long ;)
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SQUALL20XX
Yeah sure but I'm looking forward to Versus more than XIII-2, what about you?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lightning__Evil
I'm interested for both of them but more so for XIII-2 at the moment because I enjoyed the first XIII and I have some backing to work off of for that game. Versus I want too but with no clear release date in site and only a few videos or screenshots to get excited over, I'm more excited knowing I only have to wait 3 more months for XIII-2.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SQUALL20XX

In terms of release date XIII-2 sure wins but in terms if coolness I will go with Versus, isn't it cool to play as the bad guys for once :).

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fantasy_Gamer
lol I can't see FF having an anti-gero instead of heroes/heroine. I can't imagine it, at least. :P
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
lol I can't see FF having an anti-gero instead of heroes/heroine. I can't imagine it, at least. :PFantasy_Gamer

Versus XIII reality does look pretty twisted. I mean... what kind of "heroic" protagonist wears black when they're supposably up against an opposition with an orderly light appearance?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fantasy_Gamer
We still have to see it. Maybe it's just a fashion statement. :P
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SQUALL20XX
Noctis's personality is different from other characters in the Final Fantasy franchise and is one that Nomura had wanted to try out for a long time.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lightning__Evil
I bet by the time it comes out Noctis will seem more similar to some other characters then we might think. I see him currently as a kind of mix with cloud and maybe Terra or Vaan.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SQUALL20XX

But isn't he supposed to be an evil character? He is overly powerful, arrogant, vengeful, and doesn't care if other people die, the most evil character is the hero according to evil, but within the view of good he is a villain!

Noctis

There is nothing either Good or Bad, but thinking makes it so. "Shakespeare"