Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
welll i think it is

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/900.html

talks about final fantasy XIII's battle system and ffxiii not the last one to use the "white engine"
cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#2 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts
nice info you got there!
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
thanks for the info, i havent been following FFXIII these days.
PenguinPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PenguinPaladin
Member since 2005 • 3529 Posts
is it me or is enix ruining the greatness that was FF?
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts

is it me or is enix ruining the greatness that was FF?PenguinPaladin

Its you XP... no really FFXII was great and FFXIII and FFvsXIII are looking good!

Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
for all that is blessed in the name of Yevon, dont let them make another battler system like FF12! PLEASE!! i miss it when the world shattered or made a fade swirl going counter-clockwise when entering a battle.
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
for all that is blessed in the name of Yevon, dont let them make another battler system like FF12! PLEASE!! i miss it when the world shattered or made a fade swirl going counter-clockwise when entering a battle.Karinka19
yea i was really excited about ff12 having no random battles but after buying the game and playing through it.....it feels like the battles (especially boss battles) lost their significance
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
for all that is blessed in the name of Yevon, dont let them make another battler system like FF12! PLEASE!! i miss it when the world shattered or made a fade swirl going counter-clockwise when entering a battle.Karinka19
XII has, far and away, the best battle system of the series. IT is seamless. You don't sit and wait for hte battle to load. There are no tedious random encounters, and the gambit system is just brilliant
WieldsTokijin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 WieldsTokijin
Member since 2004 • 530 Posts

Fs, that is simply an opinion.  I think the gambits strip the game of it's battle system.  I mean, if you leave gambits on.. you do nothing except encounter the mob and watch the party destroy it.

Nice work on the info!  I hear the man who made X is director for XIII, and the man who directed VII and VIII is making XIII Versus.  Good news!

PenguinPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PenguinPaladin
Member since 2005 • 3529 Posts

[QUOTE="PenguinPaladin"]is it me or is enix ruining the greatness that was FF?gilbertus

Its you XP... no really FFXII was great and FFXIII and FFvsXIII are looking good!

While they may be good games, the batltle system is radically different from I-X, which is what led the series to greatness, I'm not that inspired to play XII and XIII becuase of the battle system.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
No matter how good your gambit set up is, you have ti interject. It does not strip the game of a battle system. It is a huge part of the battle system and it makes the game possible.
frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts

Sony's got to get this game released a little earlier. The existence of such games like this one makes me want to get as soon as possible and start it quickly. But tha thanks for the info about the white engine. :) That was a really good briefing. :)

cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#13 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts

...just make ur gambits, "Foe: Attack" then "Allies:  HP less than 40%  'Curaga' "

simple...then you command the rest. and i believe that ff12 had a great battle system. i know the old battle system was great as well, but all gotta try SOMETHING NEW DAMNIT!

KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 KingX
Member since 2002 • 1292 Posts
thx for the info.there... sounds interesting enuf! if it's really gonna be something between earlier FF games and FFXII it might be something that will be really,really good! the battle system in FFXII is very good to use.. BUT its a shame that some of the neat effects that Square has liked to use before (like firaga, etc.) are very toned down in its brilliance now.. magic just don't look so powerful as I have been used ti when it comes down to FF games.. and as someonelse said the bossbattle are not that funny anymore.. there is no real "tactic" aviable ion them anylonger.. so hopefully something like FFXII in the worldmap for FFXIII and a bit more old-school in boss battles or something.. that would work for me
Calebman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Calebman
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts
I admit I would like to play a new FF that used the old simple ATB system like 7 and 8 and all those others. But, I liked XII so I will play XIII anyway. I do hope the story is little more interesting as far as surprise endings are concerned. There weren't a lot of plot twists in XII.