NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Since everyones talking about FFVII like its the best FF ever, I decided to give it a try. So far, I really like it. Right now im in the sewers right after Don something (forgot his name) pulledĀ a switch. The graphics arent too good compared to todays games, especially the characters outside of the battlesĀ LOL they look like puppets.

Anyway, does anyone have some suggestions/tips ? I heard theres aĀ lot of glitches that erase your save file andĀ make the game crash...

sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#2 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
I have played FFVII through several times using a PS and PS2 and have never had a save file erase or game crash. Are you playing it on a PC?
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
Don't worry about glitches it never happened to me. Tips uhhh learn the materia system, uhh I dont know any real good tips for you right now just learn the system and have some fun. If there is a point in the game where you don't want to play anymore becouse there isnt much going on, keep playing the story will soon start to pick up. And at one point soon in the game you can get Vincent and Yuffie there secret characters. Ask how to get these when the time comes. Anyways have fun.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
The first disk is a clear introduction to the world of Gaia and the various personalities that live within it. If you are already enjoying it, then it is only going to get better for you. Just like someone said before; learn the materia system. Later on in the game your can use some unique combinations to get an edge over your enemies. Remember, not all weapons and armor allow your materia to receive AP and there are some that double the amount of AP you receive. As for limit breaks, the more you use them(from my experience) the easier it is to gain new ones.
lunaticsynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 lunaticsynapse
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

Limit Breaks in FFVII.

Level 1, Limit 2 - Use first limit in level 1 10 times
Level 2, Limit 1 - Killing blow on 100 enemies
Level 2, Limit 2 - Use first limit in level 2 10 times
Level 3, Limit 1 - Killing Blow on 100 enemies
Level 3, Limit 2 - Use first limit in level 3 10 times

Vincent and Cait Sith are different, I dont remember if they are limit uses or killing blows.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
^ Not exactly the right mechanics, but that's the idea.
RedNEXUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RedNEXUS
Member since 2005 • 4265 Posts

Since everyones talking about FFVII like its the best FF ever, I decided to give it a try. So far, I really like it. Right now im in the sewers right after Don something (forgot his name) pulledĀ a switch. The graphics arent too good compared to todays games, especially the characters outside of the battlesĀ LOL they look like puppets.

Anyway, does anyone have some suggestions/tips ? I heard theres aĀ lot of glitches that erase your save file andĀ make the game crash...

NWA_31
my suggestion is simply to enjoy it, don't miss a moment because the game is most certenly at its best during the first play through
Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts

NWA_31
you have the pc version or something? I never heard of glitches on the PS version O.o but yea the game is awesome, I'm playing through it agian.
Shadow_SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shadow_SAC
Member since 2006 • 1043 Posts
I suck at the V to the XĀ to the blah to the blah so what number is VII? and yeah all FF games pawn I guess so yeah it's good:P
HelenAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HelenAngel
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Final Fantasy 7 =)
Shadow_SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shadow_SAC
Member since 2006 • 1043 Posts
Aaaaah okay, thanx. I should know that though, since I'm such a Kadaj freak:? but hey I'm the biggest idiot you'll probably ever know. And yeah FFVII is good, I never finished it though, I probably should:?
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NWA_31
Thx everyone
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NWA_31
Btw, its the PSone version.
RedNEXUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RedNEXUS
Member since 2005 • 4265 Posts
then you should be safe from most glitches and memory corruption :D
Axe_336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Axe_336
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts

You've probably already figured this out but, link Cure with All early as possible.Ā  Also, don't bother withĀ materia that does just status effectsĀ (Like Sleep or Frog.Ā  You'll probably wantĀ Time though)Ā or the Heal materia (Which is different from Cure) because I've personally never found either to be useful except for a little extra cash selling them maybe.

Besides that....Ā Ā Get a guide forĀ the Choco-Breeding when you get there,Ā its tedious enough WITH a guide.

volumesoxxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 volumesoxxs
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
after all the times i have played through it I have never got a corrupted file. Have fun playing through it your first time. First time was the best. The story is really interesting throughout the whole game. You will definately be a FF 7 fan after this beleive me. Well enough yapping from me, enjoy the game.
lunaticsynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 lunaticsynapse
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

^ Not exactly the right mechanics, but that's the idea.Fantasy_Gamer

Is there something weird about it?Ā  Cause that is how it works for me.Ā  I have only actually ever counted once though, and that was only for the 10's not 100's.Ā  Would you mind clarifying?

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
Master all differerent materia so you can get the master materia's at the end (materia that lets you use all the spells/ abilites that it is master of all for example master summon would let you summon every single summon with just that)
Axe_336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Axe_336
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
I personally never found the master materias to be that useful, but if you wanna spend the time on it go ahead.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
I agree with Axe_336, the master Materia was never overly effective, By the end your already so strone that you dont worry about summons very much, as for magic, Well its entirely up to you,
AndySz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AndySz
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts
i too recently got the game.
Axe_336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points