EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

How many of you first got into final fantasy by playing final fantasy 7?

i know a lot of people who got into the series by playing that game, who went back and played the previous ones after playing ff7. 

JensonHurasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JensonHurasha
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
My first Final Fantasy was Mystic Quest.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
FFVII was my first too. Though if you think about it in terms of accessibility. It was definitely the most obtainable seeing as it had a PC port a long with the initial PS release.
Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aeolusfox
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
Maybe a bit unrelated, but a lot of people seem to want to argue that your first FF game is always your favorite. This is obvious BS considering my first FF is pretty far down on the list.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts

#Aeolusfox - My first FF was FFVIII and it's still my favorite FF, IMO the first game indeed has a direct impact on your favorite FF, but every rule has exceptions ;).

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
My first was X and its still my favorite but to be honest I've only played X, X-2, and XIII to completion. I have all the nonmmo main series titles though so I really need to play them all.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#7 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I honestly can't remember anymore :S I think FFVII was my first FF game, but I'm not too sure.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts

#Aeolusfox - My first FF was FFVIII and it's still my favorite FF, IMO the first game indeed has a direct impact on your favorite FF, but every rule has exceptions ;).

SQUALL20XX
Yep. My first was Final Fantasy X and its still my favourite. But i do love a good few too that fall just under FFX. But, this really only applies to Final Fantasy. Of many other gaming series, my 1st isn't exactly my favourite. Metal Gear Solid for example is 1 of my top favourite series and i started with MGS 1. But MGS4 Guns Of The Patriots is my favourite. Why? It just is. Well for many reasons but you get the point i hope. Its just whatever in that particular series that keeps you excited and interested in the game and series that becomes the favourite. The 1 you can always go back to.
Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aeolusfox
There's a difference with those instances you two mentioned, though. You mentioned 7 and 10, both regarded as possibly the best FF games, so it's a no-wonder situation.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Not me. I've had FF7 for a long time and have only gotten into it recently. My first Final Fantasy game was Dissidia.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SQUALL20XX

#Lightning__Evil - I too have to play every FF game to complete the experience as once told me FG :P.

#Amnesiac23 - How could you forget the first FF game you have played, let me see *analysing your brain* huh your first is indeed FF7 :P.

#ffxjunky06 - Yeah, I wonder what kind of magic SE put in those FF games that make us obsessed with them :/

#Aeolusfox - I don't see how FFVIII is less than FFVII or X, most ppl started with VII and are attached to it doesn't mean VII > VIII.

#NiKva - But you havn't told us which is your favorite, or you haven't decided yet?

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amnesiac23

#Lightning__Evil - I too have to play every FF game to complete the experience as once told me FG :P.

#Amnesiac23 - How could you forget the first FF game you have played, let me see *analysing your brain* huh your first is indeed FF7 :P.

#ffxjunky06 - Yeah, I wonder what kind of magic SE put in those FF games that make us obsessed with them :/

#Aeolusfox - I don't see how FFVIII is less than FFVII or X, most ppl started with VII and are attached to it doesn't mean VII > VIII.

#NiKva - But you havn't told us which is your favorite, or you haven't decided yet?

SQUALL20XX

It's a good idication of how much of my mind I have lost :P I think it was either FF7 or FF8. 

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SQUALL20XX

It's a good idication of how much of my mind I have lost :P I think it was either FF7 or FF8.

Amnesiac23

lol so can we say that your favorite FF is VII8? :P

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Amnesiac23
Sure can! I even have a tattoo to prove it. lol It's a healthy obsession.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SQUALL20XX
#Aeolusfox- Are you sure this is the best way you can respond to what I've said? Let's says I got a wrong conclusion from you but that doesn't mean responding in such way, we are not in a fight here, we are only discussing things, GameSpot forums is a peaceful place for everyone to use, FFE forums is no exclusion.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Amnesiac23

#Aeolusfox- Are you sure this is the best way you can respond to what I've said? Let's says I got a wrong conclusion from you but that doesn't mean responding in such way, we are not in a fight here, we are only discussing things, GameSpot forums is a peaceful place for everyone to use, FFE forums is no exclusion.SQUALL20XX

Agreed. Also remember, even though the union forums are seperate from the regular GS forums, the Terms of Use still apply.

Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Aeolusfox
Oh, that's right. I almost forgot that you get modded for anything(everything) here.
Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aeolusfox
....I'm not gonna get modded for that, am I? :|
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Amnesiac23
Oh, that's right. I almost forgot that you get modded for anything(everything) here.Aeolusfox

:S You don't have any moderations though. You'll be alright as long as you stick to the ToU. :)
Aeolusfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Aeolusfox
I've been modded on one of my other accounts and it was for doing a one-word post. I was like, ".....really?"
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Amnesiac23
Yeah, the rules around here can be a little rough to newcomers, so that's why I always tell people to familiarize themselves with them and stickies in boards because rules can differ slightly from forum to forum. :)
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lightning__Evil
Not to be disagreeable but the whole issue of arguing or firsts isn't really the main feature here when the main question was whether or not VII was your first. Which when seen is limiting the discussion to the people that started with seven or it would if everyone followed the question so it would garner more activity if it asked which was your first or favorite, just saying ;)
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Not to be disagreeable but the whole issue of arguing or firsts isn't really the main feature here when the main question was whether or not VII was your first. Which when seen is limiting the discussion to the people that started with seven or it would if everyone followed the question so it would garner more activity if it asked which was your first or favorite, just saying ;)Lightning__Evil
I know ^this^ makes sence and is definitely in English but i feel like i'm lost in a riddle that my slow mind can't grasp. Man i really need to wake up. My sleep was extremely rough. COFFEE. Edit: Yep i agree. But you know the way discussions go. One thing leads to another:). Hmm, actually i fell for this too. Why did i state FFX was my favourite then? *reads back* Ahhh.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lightning__Evil
Its cool, I said the same thing even though it wasn't the question, often times forums change to something else or get off topic, I guess thats just our human nature :D
Leshain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Leshain
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

How many of you first got into final fantasy by playing final fantasy 7?

i know a lot of people who got into the series by playing that game, who went back and played the previous ones after playing ff7. 

EmperorZeruel

My first was Final Fantasy VII, and yes it is my favorite to this day, putting aside the fact it was my first i honestly believe it's the best in general, with VI, II and X close behind.

To be honest if it wasn't for FFVII, i wouldn't have tried any of the other games at all, i'd even go as far to say as i wouldn't have even cared for RPG's in general if not for VII.

The whole Cyberpunk universe really draws you in, then you stayed for the characters, and fell in love with the epic story-telling, and original exp.

Fun Fact: I was 7 years old at the time, in 1997, playing my first final fantasy game, which was Final Fantasy VII. Twas' destiny.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SQUALL20XX
#Lightning__Evil - We all managed to contribute even though it wasn't the question, anyway this still not off topic, we shoudn't be that strict ;).
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 was the first FF game I purchased myself but I started with the series since the first. I had a friend who introduced me to the world of RPG's with Dragon Warrior/Quest 1. And I've been hooked ever since. We would play through FF games together or he would lend it to me (which has very hard for him to do...he was such a cheap bastard). I've played all FF games to the end except for XI...but I did get into XI for like a year. First MMO I played & it took over my soul. I haven't played XIV...and from the looks of it, I probably never will. I would like to get into it for a little bit just to say that I at least played it. I've only replayed FFIV, VI, VII & X multiple times. I do plan on playing VIII & IX again soon. Maybe even XII. I have VII & VIII for the PC. I don't even want them anymore...I had a hard time running VII...the background wouldn't always load but VIII worked fine...I just never made it far on it. If anyone wants it, let me know...free of charge...all you have to do is pay for shipping.

syam32245340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 syam32245340
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
I hardly remember the first FF I played but I think it was FFVII
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lightning__Evil

#Lightning__Evil - We all managed to contribute even though it wasn't the question, anyway this still not off topic, we shoudn't be that strict ;).SQUALL20XX

I wasn't trying to say that we should be that strict, I was simply pointing out how forums often get off topic and I gave a suggestion for how the title might be better rephrased as to the current discussion. Whatever it is that we get off point is simply our human nature ;)

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SQUALL20XX

#CMakaCreative - I'm really impressed, so your first FF is FFI? But what is your favorite? And I wonder how old are you :).

#syam32245340 - How could ppl forget their first FF :? I'll never forget that.

#Lightning__Evil - You can change the topic title when ever you think it's more appropriate :).

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
My first FF game is FF3 in the NES. The first one I finished is FF Tactics.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

#CMakaCreative - I'm really impressed, so your first FF is FFI? But what is your favorite? And I wonder how old are you :).

SQUALL20XX

I'm getting up there in age Squall20XX. I've been gaming since I was about 4. My father bought an Intelevision system. Had tons of games on it. When I was about 9 or 10 (I know I was still in elementary school) my mom bought me a Sega Master System for my birthday. Everybody I knew had an NES...I wanted to be different. My older brother ended up getting NES eventually. My good friend had both so I would go to his house to play whatever games I didn't have. He had an Chinese friend who always had the latest RPG. At the time I had no idea what the hell they were playing. Once I started to understand the story elements, I was hooked. FF & Phantasy Star is what really got me into RPG's. Then when I turned 14, my father bought me a Sega Genesis. At this point I was a Sega fan boy and even though I liked Nintendo games, not a lot of people had a Genesis around my area. My father's friend bought me Phantasy Star II which was probably the first RPG I ever owned. My brother got a SNES. I borrowed FFII which ended up actually being FFIV. That's the game that got me hooked on the Final Fantasy brand. Then I borrowed FFIII (FFVI) from the same guy who bought me PhStII. That game was too awesome for words at the time. I almost didn't want to give it back.

Me and my brother combined some money to get a PlayStation. Bought my first Final Fantasy game with my own money when FFVII came out. I was wondering what happened to the rest of the series and then I found out what the deal was. Anyway...that game was epic to me in so many ways. And I never stop buying the series since. Bought all the ones I missed as I got older. Bought a DS just to play FFIII. Bought the remake of FFIV on the DS also. Got hooked like a drug addict on FFXI till it became supremely boring when I got to a certain lvl and nobody wanted to party up with me. Instead of starting a new job to become popular again, I quit the game cold turkey. My favorite is probably between VI (though it starts off slow) and VII. X took it to another level visually and I like the pacing even if it was linear.

I'm turning 35 next month. Got a wife, a kid (not of my own), own a townhouse, worked 13 years in the same field (split between two different properties) and still hooked on video games. I don't see a day when I won't be....unless it gets rediculously expensive.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SQUALL20XX

#Fantasy_Gamer - So you weren't finishing those games back then? :)

#CMakaCreative - wow quite a history, I myself owned a Sega Genesis and was very excited about it, my first console is the Atari 2600, though my first RPG was FFVIII on the PS.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lightning__Evil
I started with the Sega Genesis, I think my first RPG was Tales of Symphonia but not entirely sure, FFX or KH would have been my first square RPG.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#36 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
I didn't get to play FF7 till 2008 and the game may have aged I still enjoyed it since it was still great to play.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SQUALL20XX
I've played VII after X, TBH it wasn't the experience I though it should, great game though.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lightning__Evil
I got a few hours into VII, I need to go back and play that game.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SQUALL20XX

I got a few hours into VII, I need to go back and play that game.Lightning__Evil

Gosh what are you waiting for :/ it's one of the best FF games.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lightning__Evil
I know, I just get distracted by the 30-40 games I have that I haven't played much or beaten or I'm achievement hunting. That is of course when I have time to play when I'm not working or doing school work or something else non game related. At the moment I'm achievement hunting the tomb raider games and doing pretty good. FF and KH are both series that I love but honestly haven't played or beaten many of them even though I have practically all of them in both series.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SQUALL20XX

When I was at school or even at the university I was able to play games as much as I want when I go home, but when I started to work I couldn't play cause I get back home tired and not in the mood, but recently my gaming mentality is back and I want to play everything I have missed, BTW don't expect VII to be extra ordinary game, it's really great but playing it thinking it's the best in the series will make it kinda dull, I played VII after VIII and with high expectations and with everyone saying it's the best FF I didn't enjoy it the way I enjoyed VIII.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lightning__Evil
I'm now on Chapter 7 of FFXIII in my third playthrough; I'm reliving it before XIII-2 comes out and I want to try and get the rest of the achievements in it ;)
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SQUALL20XX
How many achievements in total there are in XIII?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

#Fantasy_Gamer - So you weren't finishing those games back then? :)

SQUALL20XX

I've finished those games. I've played all numbered FFs (except Online) several times, except FF2. :P

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#45 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

When I was at school or even at the university I was able to play games as much as I want when I go home, but when I started to work I couldn't play cause I get back home tired and not in the mood, but recently my gaming mentality is back and I want to play everything I have missed, BTW don't expect VII to be extra ordinary game, it's really great but playing it thinking it's the best in the series will make it kinda dull, I played VII after VIII and with high expectations and with everyone saying it's the best FF I didn't enjoy it the way I enjoyed VIII.

SQUALL20XX

I know what you mean SQUALL20XX I to have played 8 before 7 and expected something different. I'm not saying that 7 is bad just saying that I thoght it replace my favorite. 

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SQUALL20XX

#Fantasy_Gamer - Why? Is it hard to play?

#D3dr0_0 - Yeah and I heard some ppl saying VII isn't that good, but nah it's a great game no matter what.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lightning__Evil

How many achievements in total there are in XIII?SQUALL20XX

There are 35 in all. I have 22 and most of the ones left deal with the missions in Chapter 11, they'll take some time. The one I thought I already ahd that should be easy to get is Superstar which is 5 staring the final boss. That was in my PS3 playthrough I got that though.

I still need to finish VII, I will have to just restart it at some time, I didn't get all that far. 

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SQUALL20XX

Do you think you gonna get all of the achievements? And be sure to tell us about your experience of VII when you finish it :).

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lightning__Evil
I think its going to be a bit of a struggle for me with the amount of patience it will require but I'm going to try my best and get them all. I'll inform you when I beat VII but don't hold your breath, I'm sure I'll get there but my gaming tendencies rarely reach back to a previous console or in this case two consoles when there are games on the current consoles I haven't beaten yet.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SQUALL20XX
I'm thinking of buying a NES & SNES from the Internet to play the original FFs, but I'm not sure if I should or just play them on PSN.