NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I'm actually a big MMORPG. Perhaps I'm just burnt out on them. Played Star Wars: Old Republic when it came out and I fail to have any significant connection with it. Then the Secret World was my next adventure. The theme was excellent, but Guild Wars 2 came along and I haven't touched it since. Still...Guild Wars 2 is still sitting there as well.

Final Fantasy XIV is getting an overhaul since many people did not like the original design. What's everyone's thoughts on it?

Avatar image for squalls_revival
squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 squalls_revival
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

I've played 2 mmorpgs in my life: ff11 and WoW and well I really couldn't get into either of them... but I will certainly give ff14 a try it looks good, at least the fmv's do :P

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I probably won't play it. I spent some time with Perfect World and Wow. MMOs are good if you are in the mood for them but I can't spend too much time with them. I get bored since it never ends :P I'll be interested to see what they do with it but still probably won't play it.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts

MMO's take up too much time, you always try to accomplish everything there is too be done on them but then you just realize they are endless.:P

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lightning__Evil
That's why I try not to get into them. I'm kinda confused with FF and MMOs lately. XIV's rerelease has been a long time coming and it still isn't ready plus XI got an expansion this month and I saw somewhere recently talks or a suggestion of bringing XI to the PS4, whats going on here?
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vegamineral
SE cant expect to fix all their problems by making an MMO gaming series can they?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lightning__Evil
I hope that isn't the case. Their thing has always been RPGs they can't simply switch to MMOs and compete with the giants in that industry.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vegamineral
SE isnt an MMO company. I dont just mean FF shouldnt be an MMO series but SE shouldnt be an MMO company. Its just not their thing, RPGs are. They should stick to what they do best.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lightning__Evil
I feel like thats pretty much what I just said :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vegamineral
Yeah ik :P
Shanarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Shanarah
Member since 2003 • 1494 Posts
I played it before they took it down (got CE version real cheap), and it didn't seem all that bad then to me.  It actually had a real story line and cutscenes which is definitely a leg up over most other MMOs I've played.  I didn't get that far though before my trial period ended so I can't comment on end-game content or anything.  Grouping didn't seem all that intuitive though and after playing Rift I think they really need a better system to compete.  Unfortunately I generally don't like paying to play MMOs, so unless they go to a free to play structure, I probably won't sign up for it again.
chrisfire77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 chrisfire77
Member since 2002 • 106 Posts
Well I for one am looking forward to it. Haven't been able to get into the Beta but the videos I have watched on You Tube have increased my excitement for the game, and I will definitely be playing for the short term anyway.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lightning__Evil
I got into the beta for the PS3. As far as MMOs go it is very well done and seems like a really great game. That being said I'm no longer in the beta because I decided that I didn't want to spend more time building up a character that I'm never going to actually play. I wanted to try the game, really liked it for what it is but in the end mmos aren't really my thing and especially those that charge monthly.
Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
I was actually thinking about getting this, I haven't played in MMORPG in a while, figured XIV would be a good game to pick up.