Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I read a lot of people bashing Final Fantasy XIII. I'm one of those not 100% satisfied with that game, but overall, I can say it is a good game. What about you? If your answer is in the negative, what are he specific things you did not like?
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
It wasn't bad, just not all that satisfying. The graphics were the best part of FFXIII for me, which isn't a good thing.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
Umm... I have to agree with your choice of word.. "not al lthat satisfying." That's what I felt, but I cannot say it is bad.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 magitekk
The infamous triple-post! :o
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fantasy_Gamer
Actually, it was quintuple-post.. I just deleted them. Weird GS.. I keep on getting error pages whenever I press "submit", but once I refresh the page, all my attempts were actually successful.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 magitekk
The exact same thing is happening with me. I just post once and move on, I know it got posted so xD
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
I have a platinum trophy and wrote a 9.5 review.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#12 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
The only platinum trophy for FFXIII is getting every other trophy on PS3. Thats pretty impressive then. Im going for the same thing right now on the Xbox 360 version although I already beat it on PS3. The only thing I don't like are some of the characters, which I normally realize in all FF so that isn't a big deal, and I'm not a fan that you kinda have to do all/alot of training in Chapter 11 just to do well against Orphan at the end and you can't fully upgrade your characters until you beat the game. Besides that I like it but then again I've only played X, X-2, and XIII all the way to the end.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
It's hands down my favorite. :)
big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

well, its not my best FF.

lilflex1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lilflex1
Member since 2004 • 1001 Posts
its a good game but nothing really to do after but ffx is better
lilflex1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lilflex1
Member since 2004 • 1001 Posts
its a good game but nothing really to do after but ffx is better
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts
Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deserved
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cjimrun

Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deservedvalereth-1

Did the battle system give you a hard time? Did you get frustrated, quit, and develop a massive chip on your shoulder?

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
I loved FFXIII. I thought the battle system was awesome, the characters were interesting and I enjoyed the story. On my second playthrough and it still deserves the 10/10 I gave it imo. Excited for XIII-2 :)
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts
I'm about 30 hours into it now, and am enjoying it a lot.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 magitekk

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deservedcjimrun

Did the battle system give you a hard time? Did you get frustrated, quit, and develop a massive chip on your shoulder?

Oh please, there was little difficulty associated with FFXIII.

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cjimrun
[QUOTE="cjimrun"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deservedmagitekk

That really depends on how much of it you attempt.  Clearing the Cie'th stone missions is plenty difficult.  And 5-starring them is a whole different ball game.  You unlock the highest crystarium level after completion of the game because you are meant to do these things.  The whole story is a warm-up for the free-roaming post-game, and I assure you it is not for the faint of heart.  When someone says the battle system is shallow, or that they auto-battled their way through, I can't help but think they never even finished the game, let alone attempted anything that would be considered truly difficult.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deservedcjimrun

No. Not at all. The game is pretty easy, actually. I just do not like the battle system. It lacks depth, and it feels like it was designed to take as much control out of the players hands. I hate the fact that if Lightning dies, the game is over. That's just stupid. What's the point of pheonx downs?!
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 1

#30 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts
FFXIII is really good. I thought most of characters were interesting with the exception of Hope. The battle system was good if you didn't use auto-battle. But it was linear, didnt have any exploration or any towns for that matter. I give it a 9/10
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fantasy_Gamer
There are, at least two, points in the game I can say that is really hard, and requires a lot of grinding and weapon upgrading... Those bosses that has countdown... One of them is the one on top of that tower... My characters have maxed their first 3 Crystarium, but I'm not doing much damage to avoid that timer of death... I was forced to sell almost all my items to be able to upgrade Lightning and that lancer user's weapons... This game reminded me of The 7th Saga in the SNES... You need a lot of grinding to move on in the game.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

There are, at least two, points in the game I can say that is really hard, and requires a lot of grinding and weapon upgrading... Those bosses that has countdown... One of them is the one on top of that tower... My characters have maxed their first 3 Crystarium, but I'm not doing much damage to avoid that timer of death... I was forced to sell almost all my items to be able to upgrade Lightning and that lancer user's weapons... This game reminded me of The 7th Saga in the SNES... You need a lot of grinding to move on in the game.Fantasy_Gamer

Dahaka. Yeah, I had a really hard time with him too.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"]

That really depends on how much of it you attempt. Clearing the Cie'th stone missions is plenty difficult. And 5-starring them is a whole different ball game. You unlock the highest crystarium level after completion of the game because you are meant to do these things. The whole story is a warm-up for the free-roaming post-game, and I assure you it is not for the faint of heart. When someone says the battle system is shallow, or that they auto-battled their way through, I can't help but think they never even finished the game, let alone attempted anything that would be considered truly difficult.

..but that's just side crap. Lets talk about the game itself and just doing a normal playthrough.

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cjimrun
[QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Ugh. Final Fantasy XIII's dialog is incredibly stupid. The plot has quite a few incredibly stupid plot points. Snow is a complete retard Hope whines. Lightning doesn;'t have a personality. Every time Vanille opens her mouth, I want to slug her. There is no exploration at all. There is no environmental interaction. The battle system is incredibly shallow. The game is insultingly linear. In fact, the only things that I have liked are Sahz is a cool character and Lighning punching Snow for being a retard was well deservedmagitekk

That really depends on how much of it you attempt. Clearing the Cie'th stone missions is plenty difficult. And 5-starring them is a whole different ball game. You unlock the highest crystarium level after completion of the game because you are meant to do these things. The whole story is a warm-up for the free-roaming post-game, and I assure you it is not for the faint of heart. When someone says the battle system is shallow, or that they auto-battled their way through, I can't help but think they never even finished the game, let alone attempted anything that would be considered truly difficult.

..but that's just side crap. Lets talk about the game itself and just doing a normal playthrough.

The "game" in any Final Fantasy title is the "extra-crap", which this title has tonnes of. If you just play through the basic story, then you will usually follow a linear progression with lots of cut-scenes (or lots of reading in the older entries), which is exactly what XIII offered. It just offered way more of both. The base story took me 60 hrs, while it took me 131 hrs to complete everything.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"]

The "game" in any Final Fantasy title is the "extra-crap", which this title has tonnes of. If you just play through the basic story, then you will usually follow a linear progression with lots of cut-scenes (or lots of reading in the older entries), which is exactly what XIII offered. It just offered way more of both. The base story took me 60 hrs, while it took me 131 hrs to complete everything.

But seriously, most of the other Final Fantasies had side-quests that expanded on the story. The side quests of FFXIII have -nothing- to do with the story, so why bother?

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cjimrun
[QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"]

But seriously, most of the other Final Fantasies had side-quests that expanded on the story. The side quests of FFXIII have -nothing- to do with the story, so why bother?

The side quests are about helping failed l'cie complete their focuses.  Could be further removed.  Chocobo hot and cold in IX has absolutely zilch to do with the plot in any way, but it is necessary for a lot of the extra stuff in that game, and it RULES for giving us Vama' Alla Flamenco!  It was also the influence for the chocobo digs in XIII.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts

The side quests are about helping failed l'cie complete their focuses.  Could be further removed.  Chocobo hot and cold in IX has absolutely zilch to do with the plot in any way, but it is necessary for a lot of the extra stuff in that game, and it RULES for giving us Vama' Alla Flamenco!  It was also the influence for the chocobo digs in XIII.

cjimrun

I totally loved playing Hot & Cold in IX. It was repetitive and addictive in way but I just wanted to find every treasure there were on the maps :D Although Tetra Master got even more sucked in. I miss these games :(
-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
As far as RPG's go, FFXIII was very good, it just didnt take fans of the series to the lofty heights they had with games like IV, VI, VII, IX or X(you may not agree with that list, but they are my top games (played all FF games)) By no means a bad game, just not close to their best.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 magitekk
I loved Chocobo Hot 'n Cold also, lol, even if it was pretty much the same thing over and over. I liked the feeling you get after 'leveling up' your Chocobo. :P
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cjimrun

I loved Chocobo Hot 'n Cold also, lol, even if it was pretty much the same thing over and over. I liked the feeling you get after 'leveling up' your Chocobo. :Pmagitekk

Right?!  And you get all the different kinds that can unlock new areas of the map.  It's a whole other game, inside the game.:P

DaShiznawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaShiznawz
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
I loved Final Fantasy XIII and all the negativity it gets really upsets me. I thought it was a masterpiece. Easily a 10 out of 10. Not my favorite but still amazing and worthy of bearing the Final Fantasy name. I've been one trophy away from plantinum for a long time. Which is treasure hunter. I'll get around to it some day lol. I loved the characters, the story, the battle system, the side quests. ONLY thing I can say bad about the game is the music. I miss Nobuo :( How nice it would be if he did XIII-2...
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cjimrun

I loved Final Fantasy XIII and all the negativity it gets really upsets me. I thought it was a masterpiece. Easily a 10 out of 10. Not my favorite but still amazing and worthy of bearing the Final Fantasy name. I've been one trophy away from plantinum for a long time. Which is treasure hunter. I'll get around to it some day lol. I loved the characters, the story, the battle system, the side quests. ONLY thing I can say bad about the game is the music. I miss Nobuo :( How nice it would be if he did XIII-2...

From one XIII fan to another, Tresure Hunter is a pain in the butt.  And you can't help missing Nobuo, but XIII still has some pretty good tracks.

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
I didn't mind it for the most part, but I was never able to really get into it as much as I had the others.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the Versus XIII soundtrack. The orchestra score from the trailers already looks impressive!
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fantasy_Gamer
I wish your Chocobo need not run whenever you disembark it.
Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Matty_gamer
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts

so should i like ya know play this game..?

I havent really finished a ff game before but want to give the series a try.

Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Matty_gamer
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts
should i play this then?
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 magitekk

Yes, but don't let it be your first, goodness no!

People who usually play one FF game first make that game their favorite one, and this game doesn't deserve to be a favorite amongst anyone :/

Start with FFIV, FFVI, FFVII, or FFIX :P

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cjimrun
I would like to see what someone who played FFXIII first, thinks of the older games. I'm a big fan of the "classics", but I find it hard to play them since playing XIII because of their slower gameplay and dated presentation.