NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I pretty sure everyone has seen gameplay footage. But how does it actually feel? It's really fast! It's probably the fastest turn-base combat system I've ever played in my life! Like in FFVII and FFVIII you have your ATB system(and enemies follow the ATB rule too). But check this out, in Final Fantasy XIII you can be attacking an enemy who's attacking you at the sametime(or it could be multiple enemies attacking you)! This allows you to interupt enemy attacks or they interrupt you.

I know fans wanted to be able to enter commands for all of their characters instead of one with two others operating off of AI. Here's the reality check; you might be too slow to keep up with enemies if you had to enter commands for your entire party. It's that quick. I just hope you'll be able to switch party members in combat and also be able to customize AI behavior like in FFXII.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
Whooee... sounds awesome. :D The attacking at the same time part reminds me of X-2's battle system... Looking forward to an in-depth preview. :P
Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts
WOW, can't wait for this game
Avatar image for twilightlullaby
twilightlullaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 twilightlullaby
Member since 2008 • 5143 Posts

A fast-turned based battle system? YES! :P That's sounds really cool, can't wait for this to come out.

billybobbarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 billybobbarvis
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
O.O I need a PS3!
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

A fast-turned based battle system? YES! :P That's sounds really cool, can't wait for this to come out.

twilightlullaby

Umm... I hope there is an option for Wait or slower ATB. Personally, I did not like X-2's ATB... much more if it becomes faster. I'm not very fond of action RPGs. 

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeoGen85
[QUOTE="twilightlullaby"]

Fantasy_Gamer

Umm... I hope there is an option for Wait or slower ATB. Personally, I did not like X-2's ATB... much more if it becomes faster. I'm not very fond of action RPGs. 

The game does emphasis on speed, but also good decision making. Because sometimes you're not going to want to use the entire ATB bar to execute 3 actions in one turn. The thing is you might be able to just take your time because even if you run low on HP, there's no such thing as MP. Meaning you can cast cure as many times as you want(in fact up to 3 times in one turn in the demo on one ally).

You can still die though. I was playing while Game4life was online, and I kept sending him messages about the final boss which just kept kicking my butt! I have a feeling that the system they'll use for progressing characters might have something to do with the rating system after each battle. It rates you on the amount of combos you use, Breaks, and the time it takes for you to win a battle.

billybobbarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 billybobbarvis
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
It sounds a-freakin'-mazing. What are the limit breaks like, if they're in this game?
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NeoGen85

It sounds a-freakin'-mazing. What are the limit breaks like, if they're in this game?billybobbarvis

There were none in the demo. But I'm pretty sure you'll see them in the final built. I'm still typing the first impression up. I'm not trying to make it too confusing.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

The game does emphasis on speed, but also good decision making. Because sometimes you're not going to want to use the entire ATB bar to execute 3 actions in one turn. The thing is you might be able to just take your time because even if you run low on HP, there's no such thing as MP. Meaning you can cast cure as many times as you want(in fact up to 3 times in one turn in the demo on one ally).

You can still die though. I was playing while Game4life was online, and I kept sending him messages about the final boss which just kept kicking my butt! I have a feeling that the system they'll use for progressing characters might have something to do with the rating system after each battle. It rates you on the amount of combos you use, Breaks, and the time it takes for you to win a battle.

NeoGen85

:lol: So, did you beat him or are you still stuck on that boss?

I personally really like the fact that XIII is more fast-paced than the other games. I'm guessing this will force players to play intelligently and find a 'correct' attack pattern for enemies and bosses.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeoGen85
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

Gamer4Iife

:lol: So, did you beat him or are you still stuck on that boss?

I personally really like the fact that XIII is more fast-paced than the other games. I'm guessing this will force players to play intelligently and find a 'correct' attack pattern for enemies and bosses.

Yes. Someone told me if you play correctly with the final boss in the demo, you won't even get hit! Oh yeah. And I finally beat him. Instead of trying to do a large amount of damage in one turn. I decided to do short burst attacks by only using one or two moves per turn.

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts
This game sounds like it is going to take long to get use to, it seems very fast but very complicated as it sounds like we need good decision making.Is the saving system, saving points, world map saving, or menu saving (which I doubt we will ever see again)
youngsexynerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 youngsexynerd
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
well so is the complete package worth spending 60 to a 100, bucks on????
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NeoGen85

well so is the complete package worth spending 60 to a 100, bucks on????youngsexynerd

Yep..if you're a hardcore FF fan like myself. I'm a big importer anyway. At the sametime I was really looking forward to Advent Children Complete.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
I wasn't fond of the action game look it had (like the character jumping and climbing outside of combat) but the battle system didn't look too bad. I can't really say much until I see more of it though, I've only seen a few minutes of the demo