Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LegendarySavior
Member since 2006 • 326 Posts

1-Who knows the nationalities of FFVIII characters ? I will give you clues:

Check there full names &  there Dressing Style and I think it will come easily to your minds...

Avatar image for LegendarySavior
LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LegendarySavior

2-How do you prove that Laguna is the father of the main character in FFVIII ??

If that so isn't that makes his second name Loire?

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts
I don't have any clue , please tell us .
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

1. rinoa is definetely asian, irvine is american, squall is english, zell could be german, qiutsis is half japanese- english, selphie could be asian and edea i think is italian with a bit of ***.

this is what i think.

SuperNinjaDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SuperNinjaDude
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
since the topic is on vii as well, then i think barret is african american (duh), Vincent is british(last name valentine) or at least of british heritage, yuffe is of course japaneese, cid is american tried and true, tifa is prob the same as cloud,  and i really dont know what to make of cloud. maybe german cause of his blue/mako eyes and blond hair or american cause he is with barret.
thorpe1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thorpe1988
Member since 2004 • 899 Posts
Do you actually have any answers? Because the way I see it none of the characters from either game have Earth nationalities since they're fantasy games not based on Earth. I'm sure they just made the characters without thinking about nationalities. So if anything I would say they don't have nationalities.
shn_mrtn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shn_mrtn
Member since 2004 • 2281 Posts
How can these people be American or British? I mean there is no United States or United Kingdom in the game world, how could they originate from those ethnic groups. The characters in the game seem more like caricatures, especially Barret, he is a loud black man who swears too much.

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

well, i know but saying that makes this topic no fun.

i think its fun to put see what people think characters would come into.

cloud is oviously japanese(why cant you see this), aeris is hard- maybe english-french-japanese mixed, tifa is japanese with a little bit of american in her, barret is african, red is a dog, yuffie is ***, caitsith is a doll, vincent must be somewhere along english but he also seems japanese and cid is american.

sephiroth maybe japanese but sephiroth looks unusual remember.

BlazingStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlazingStar
Member since 2005 • 11847 Posts

well, i know but saying that makes this topic no fun.

i think its fun to put see what people think characters would come into.

cloud is oviously japanese(why cant you see this), aeris is hard- maybe english-french-japanese mixed, tifa is japanese with a little bit of american in her, barret is african, red is a dog, yuffie is ***, caitsith is a doll, vincent must be somewhere along english but he also seems japanese and cid is american.

sephiroth maybe japanese but sephiroth looks unusual remember.

jordina

Last I checked, red looked like a cat....Maybe its just me....

duffman5027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 duffman5027
Member since 2003 • 1032 Posts
no im goin with red being like an evolved wolf or sumthin because he howls and minus the little lion mane hes really dog/wolf like
BlazingStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlazingStar

no im goin with red being like an evolved wolf or sumthin because he howls and minus the little lion mane hes really dog/wolf likeduffman5027

well, technically dogs are different then wolves like was previously stated....

And some cat like animals do howl btw.

Cat or dog like he is still awesome.

duffman5027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 duffman5027
Member since 2003 • 1032 Posts

[QUOTE="duffman5027"]no im goin with red being like an evolved wolf or sumthin because he howls and minus the little lion mane hes really dog/wolf likeBlazingStar

yeah he is hes probably my favorite character out of FFVII  

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LegendarySavior

For the one who said that squall is a british name, he didn't mind the way his last name is written in, "Leonhart" which is no britsh for God sake, think more in a practical way, and by the way Irvine is for sure a Texas Sniper, for your info Quistis Trepe is the Only British one, am pretty sure that Zell is a german guy and I think you could notice that easily from his family name, what about the others don't you have a clue??

By the way for the guy who said that they are with no nationalities cause they are maybe from Balamb or Trabia or any other areas in their world map, I think I couldn't agree more with him, but what am talking about here is the names and the way they made the characters based on, including their style, and the way they talk, I am sure that barret is no like any other black american guy, he is with a characteristics,that you could not find easily nowadays in any other black rapper or others, so just say whatever you feel in these characters, and I will tell you the reality after I hear every opinion, cause I wanna hear from you...

BlazingStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlazingStar
[QUOTE="BlazingStar"]

[QUOTE="duffman5027"]no im goin with red being like an evolved wolf or sumthin because he howls and minus the little lion mane hes really dog/wolf likeduffman5027

yeah he is hes probably my favorite character out of FFVII  

Mine as well. Im a sucker for animals. Moombas, Chocobos, Moogles and the like. ^_^

Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kefkamania05
Member since 2005 • 7537 Posts
[QUOTE="duffman5027"][QUOTE="BlazingStar"]

[QUOTE="duffman5027"]no im goin with red being like an evolved wolf or sumthin because he howls and minus the little lion mane hes really dog/wolf likeBlazingStar

yeah he is hes probably my favorite character out of FFVII

Mine as well. Im a sucker for animals. Moombas, Chocobos, Moogles and the like. ^_^

I love the moogles from IX. My fave char from VII was easily Vincent though.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SQUALL20XX
Hey LegendarySavior I will tell you the correct answer tomorrow may be .
LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LegendarySavior

Hey LegendarySavior I will tell you the correct answer tomorrow may be . SQUALL20XX

Whatever...

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LegendarySavior

2-How do you prove that Laguna is the father of the main character in FFVIII ??

and If that so, isn't that makes his second name Loire?

Nobody has to answer hah... some FF Gamers

kassarrassak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kassarrassak
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

do u know  Savior Leonhart that i've finishd FF7 & FF8 without knowing these Information ???

i think " after ur Messages " that i didn't play FF series as they should be played .. thanx man .

waiting 4 more .

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LegendarySavior

do u know  Savior Leonhart that i've finishd FF7 & FF8 without knowing these Information ???

i think " after ur Messages " that i didn't play FF series as they should be played .. thanx man .

waiting 4 more .

kassarrassak

Don't mention it, still I have Lot to handle about the Game which I've played the main character in it...

Savior Leonhart at your service...

BlazingStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlazingStar

You can't prove anything when it is all mere fiction.

If know one knows though, why don't you take it upon yourself to enlighten everyone a bit, aye?

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LegendarySavior

Any body knows something about the Guardian Helpers ??

Ok I will add something about them directly this time to make it fast and brief for some Amateurs :

Odin:

Odin isn't junctioned like an ordinary guardian force. Instead, he randomly appears before fights to give the party victory. The frequency with which Odin appears is dependent on the characters Luck statistic.

To obtain Odin, the party should defeat him at centra ruins before the time runs out.

Chicobo:

I had to use the Gysahl Greens to summon chicobo to battle.

Chicobo could be sent to the pockestation to levelup and upgrade his attack.

His attack changes as his level goes up

His attacks : ChocoFire /ChocoFlare/ChocoMeteor/ ChocoBuckle

Mini Mog :

Easy to get by rescuing him in the PocketStation, then should be given to a guardian force as a command.

His mooogle Dance restores 1000 to 1500 hit points to each equipped guardian force during battle.

Gilgamesh:

Near End of Disc 3 he will appear once Odin dies. Gilgamesh helps the party in a manner similar to Odin - only Gilgamesh has four attacks he can unleash. Zantetsuken is Odin's instant death move, while Masamune and Excalibur both hit all enemies for significant damage. Excalibur is a stupid attack which causes a damage of 1 to all enemies

Moomba:

Moomba is only available by transporting the Chocobo World item "Friendship" from the Pocket station to Final Fantasy VIII. Moomba cannot build experience or strength like Boko. However, his attack will deplete any enemy (who's HP is less than 10000) to 1. Any enemy with HP above 10000 will receive 9999 damage.

Phoenix:

Phoenix revives all dead party members with Rebirth Flame and does fire elemental damages to all the enemies, you could summon it anytime you want with Phoenix Pinion after that it'll just come randomly.

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LegendarySavior

You can't prove anything when it is all mere fiction.

If know one knows though, why don't you take it upon yourself to enlighten everyone a bit, aye?

BlazingStar

I will, but first thing's first my friend...:wink:

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SQUALL20XX

[QUOTE="SQUALL20XX"]Hey LegendarySavior I will tell you the correct answer tomorrow may be . LegendarySavior

Whatever...

What ever .

shn_mrtn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shn_mrtn
Member since 2004 • 2281 Posts
Maybe everyone is just plain black and white.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SQUALL20XX

Maybe everyone is just plain black and white.
 shn_mrtn

That's not true , I'm colorful .  lol

BlazingStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BlazingStar

I would like to gently remind everyone that one word posts are considered spam. Please refrain from spamming... it is bad for your heart.

I for one would like to see some of the answers to these questions posted though.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts

I for one would like to see some of the answers to these questions posted though.BlazingStar

Yes. I would like to too. I want to see the answer for this.....

darkanima9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkanima9
Member since 2005 • 570 Posts

Question 1:
Who is Squall's mother?

Answer:
Raine, sometimes called Raine Leonhart but known as Raine Loire after her marriage to Laguna. She is Squall's mother. Not anyone else.

Question 2:
Who is Squall's father?

Answer:
Laguna Loire. This is very strongly hinted at and evidenced in the game. The factual support for this belief is overwhelming.

Question 3:
If Laguna is Squall's father, then doesn't that mean that he and Rinoa are siblings?

Answer:
No. Rinoa's parents are Julia Heartilly and General Caraway. Not Julia and Laguna. The numbers simply don't add up if you try to make it so.
Besides, that'd just be sick...

Question 4:
Is Raine the mother of Ellone?

Answer:
No. Raine adopted Ellone after Elle's parents were killed by Esthar soldiers.

Question 5:
So... what about those gunblades?

Answer:
Like the R=U theory, this has been a long-running debate among diehard fans. Some people insist that gunblades fire bullets, while others maintain that there's no barrel, so no projectile actually leaves the weapon.
Mercifully, this debate can now be laid to rest. The FFVIII Ultimania discusses this issue. Gunblades do not actually fire bullets. The high-powered rounds explode, and the recoil from this explosion sends a surge through the blade. The added force makes the blow more powerful than an unaided sword strike. No bullet is fired, but the blade itself acts somewhat like a bullet, as it is propelled into the target with great force.

darkanima9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkanima9
Member since 2005 • 570 Posts

Raine: Raine lives in Winhill. She took Laguna in when he was found after the accident in Centra, and nursed him back to good health. Even after recuperating, Laguna didn't leave Winhill, preferring to stay with Raine and Ellone, and to lead a peaceful life. Over time, Laguna and Raine developed feelings for one another, and eventually Laguna proposed. They were married, but Ellone was kidnapped and Laguna left Raine to go search for her. He found Ellone in Esthar, but he lost Raine - she died while he was away. Although we are not told definitively, a note in Dollet indicates she saved her son from drowning, though she ended up drowning herself, and that she had a son - Squall Leonhart. Laguna never returned to Winhill. Although we don't see much of Laguna and Raine's relationship, it was evidently true love. They were married, and in the proposal scene, they are both very happy. Although Raine seemed to be annoyed by Laguna's behavior at first, he obviously grew on her.

Ellone: Ellone lives with Raine, who takes care of her. She is Laguna's adopted "niece," and though they're technically not related, Laguna loves her as if she was his own daughter. They share a very close relationship, and Ellone, as a child, was very open about her opinion that Laguna and Raine should get married. When Ellone is kidnapped, Laguna drops everything to save her. Eventually, she ends up in the orphanage run by Edea Kramer, but near the end of the game, she and Laguna are reunited.

Squall Leonhart: Although it is never stated explicitly, it can be accepted as fact that Laguna is Squall's father.

Laguna carries Squall's card, and normally characters only carry the cards of people they have a close relationship with. During each of the dream sequences, Squall is always junctioned to Laguna (stressing a direct link between them) whereas Kiros and Ward can be junctioned to whoever is filling the remaining two spaces at the time. As we find out in the ending, Laguna was married to Raine, but she later died. A note found at the top of a pile of magazines in Dollet (Dollet pub's secret card playing room) is a message written by a man who states that he was away when his wife gave birth to a son; later, the wife died in an attempt to save the son from drowning. The child would have been sent to an orphanage, which explains why Squall ended up where he did. As far as looks go, it's also probable. Laguna, Raine, and Squall all have dark hair, and Raine and Squall both have dark blue eyes.

If you talk to Laguna, Kiros, and Ward on the Ragnarok before visiting Lunatic Pandora (disc 3), there's a scene that offers more evidence as to Squall's relationship to Laguna. Kiros says, "You look very much like your mother." Kiros translates for Ward, "Good thing you don't look like your father." So both Squall's parents are people Kiros and Ward knew, and there aren't many options presented in the game besides Laguna and Raine. Laguna retorts back with a 'hey!' which clearly suggests that when they were having a laugh about Squall's father, it was directed to Laguna. He then says, "Let's talk when it's all done. I have a lot to tell you... well, if you don't want to hear it, I'll understand."

When Squall is held captive in the Galbadian D-District prison, there is a scene in which a group of Moombas gather around Squall and repeat the name "Laguna!" several times. There is no explanation for this occurrence. The story later reveals that Laguna was a friend to Moombas and attempted to teach them to speak. While this alone doesn't indicate a relationship between Laguna and Squall, the main menu's Information entry on Moombas states that the creatures "remember people by licking their blood." Ergo, it seems that Squall's blood reminded the Moombas of Laguna.

The one possible objection to this theory is that Squall's last name is Leonhart, not Loire; however, it's quite possible that he might have taken Raine's surname or just made up one of his, especially drawing on his fondness for lions. Squall's love interest, Rinoa Heartilly, also uses her mother's surname rather than her father's.

During the game, Squall seems rather scornful of Laguna's clumsiness and goofy attitude; he may not be pleased to find out that this man is his father.

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LegendarySavior

I was very busy recently + I am going in a new FF VIII trip, with my old friends, so I thought it would be useful that my Friend and the powerful Aeon Anima , could answer instead of me the typical info that I wanted to pass for you long time, sorry for being late but I think that the Anima has cleared the Idea - A very useful Summon indeed- Whatever...Thanks my friend.

Now to the secret and surprising question that no one knew before except me and few interested people :

The names that was about to be given to the main FFVIII character, that was a secret for long time but not after I pay another visit to the great site of the great character designer :Tetsuya Nomura

who said clearly that the best three names that was about to be chosen for the main character of Final Fantasy 8,

were the following Three names:   Savior Leonhart , Leon Lionheart and Square Leonhart , but the Squaresoft was attached to the last one you know why (squa- resoft  squa- ll),but it gave the people the right to name this beautiful character (that is very close to mine in fact) and one of the quensidance came after that in another square-enix game kingdom hearts , they renamed the character as Leon cause many people had the openion that the name was kind not the real strong name for a character like this, especially in asian countries, well basicly I used my name in the game which appeared that it was the first name for this attractive character,since then I was convinced that He is Savior Leonhart , cause in the story line he wasn't just a squall, he saved Balamb Garden with a help of his squad, he was tortured like "The Savior", and has also saved his Angel and his Squad in many times in the story line so I'm proud that I Role Played him in this game ( which was hardly a challange) and his personality matched mine in more than a way.

Long live for Savior Leonhart the Main character in FFVIII, and the best character in all Final Fantasy Series.

Avatar image for KnowledgeOrCred
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 KnowledgeOrCred
Member since 2005 • 7852 Posts
all i can say is rednexus is some sort of strange asian, border collie cross breed.... who can talk
Avatar image for KnowledgeOrCred
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 KnowledgeOrCred
Member since 2005 • 7852 Posts

id go with shuddup as a first name personally

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SQUALL20XX
Then you have to join the FF8 group LegendarySavior .
RedNEXUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedNEXUS
Member since 2005 • 4265 Posts

all i can say is rednexus is some sort of strange asian, border collie cross breed.... who can talkKnowledgeOrCred

and what provoked/motivated you to say that? besides idiocy of course 

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LegendarySavior

Then you have to join the FF8 group LegendarySavior .SQUALL20XX

You think I should join the FF8 group, if this group is a real group I really should ??

Should I really?? Squall ??

LegendarySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LegendarySavior

id go with shuddup as a first name personally

KnowledgeOrCred

what should I say...!!

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SQUALL20XX

[QUOTE="SQUALL20XX"]Then you have to join the FF8 group LegendarySavior .LegendarySavior

You think I should join the FF8 group, if this group is a real group I really should ??

Should I really?? Squall ??

Yah I hope you join , check the sticked topics .