ff7 game:how long has it taken you to beat it....

crx_turbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crx_turbo2
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

Personally I have never beat it nor got past the first disk.I have been playing it for like 7 years(i'm only 15).I haven't been playing for seven years straight really just off and on really when ever I get bored.

So I just would like to know how long it has took you to beat this game.

p.s:i'm new to this board and I was just wondering if I started playing the game again if this might be a good board to ask questions to.

lunaticsynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 lunaticsynapse
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts
I beat it in two days once.  Two long days... with lots of sugar and coffee.  Could have done it quicker except I still bred a gold chocobo and beat the weapons.
The1andOnlyMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The1andOnlyMG
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts

umm not sure how long it took me but yes this board would be a good place to ask any questions you have about the game if you decide to try it again, which I recommend you do

also welcome to the board its good to have you here

DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
It took me 99+ hours.
lunaticsynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 lunaticsynapse
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts
My "Ultimate Save File" had well over prolly 500 hours on it.  I had gone through the Gelnika with morph for like 400 of that collecting sources for everyone.  Everyone had 255 luck and speed (i think that is right), and then Cloud, Tifa, Barret and Vincent had complete 255 stats while the others were getting close.  I had 3 of each Master Materia(might have been just 2 yellow ones...), 4 Magic Master Materia.  3 mastered materia of all the following: KOTR, Bahamuts, Typoon, Alexander, Hades, Contain, Ultima, Comet, Mime and a few others I forgot.  All the materia I had was mastered.  Of course level 99s.  Like 3 S-class chocobos, 2 black and 1 gold.  I am pretty sure I had everything possible to collect in the game collected, including a house in Costa del Sol, with the exception of the Underwater Materia.  I have never got it just because I think it is dumb.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
the first disc is already like one day long. i still have my save file to this day currently on 200+ hours.
AndySz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AndySz
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts
i still havent' beaten it yet.......but i'm gonna.....i'm gonna.....i hope.
RedNEXUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RedNEXUS
Member since 2005 • 4265 Posts
i forget how fast it was the first time i completed it but i do know it was pretty fast because back then i never owned a copy and instead i rented it out for 3 days... i think it took around 20 hours but i wouldn't recomend speed playing FF7 the first time round to anyone it totally ruined my exprience of the first playthough i didn't do any extras, didn't strive for any new materia, in fact it almost made the game... pointless :(
Taygeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Taygeto
Member since 2003 • 351 Posts

Personally I have never beat it nor got past the first disk.I have been playing it for like 7 years(i'm only 15).I haven't been playing for seven years straight really just off and on really when ever I get bored.

p.s:i'm new to this board and I was just wondering if I started playing the game again if this might be a good board to ask questions to.

crx_turbo2

I totally agree that the first disc is rather boring... I had to drag myself through it, but is was worth it. Once you get past it, the game finally starts moving. :)
Proj3ct_Zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Proj3ct_Zer0
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts
Think my FF7 experience lasted well over 100hours. Saying that, I messed around and wasted most of my time in the Gold Saucer :P. Never been able to beat Ruby or Emerald though :(. Think Im gona have to dig out the old Playstation and give the game another go around :D
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#11 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
a fair way over 100hours for my main save file...no idea for all of my save files, i've completed it several times tho..no idea what my fastest completion is...
Csouljah54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Csouljah54
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts
my fastest time was a day and a half had alot of stuff ingame and other times beating it i did everything in it even got the orthopedic underwear from tifas house in flashback.
tabian00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 tabian00
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
Wow, fastest huh? Let's see...without getting everything I would put it at about 40 hrs. Getting everything (mastering all materia, ultimate weapons, etc.) it's closer to 90-100.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
^my completion with everything is just over 100hours. i actually maxed out the amount of materia i could have with nothing but mastered 1s :| at least 1 chocobo of every colour, 2 gold 1s, all S class...i've always got more things than necessary when i've gone thro the game tho so i dno how fast i could do it if i didn't bother...
mysticcarnege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mysticcarnege
Member since 2005 • 1538 Posts
well i dont no the exact times.. i took quite long on my first time round but i think my quickest was about 30-35 hours.. but i did not bother gettin all the items etc so it will take u longer... but it is one of the best if not THE best games ever made and so you should get into it and finish it..
soulreaper187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 soulreaper187
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

p.s:i'm new to this board and I was just wondering if I started playing the game again if this might be a good board to ask questions to.

crx_turbo2
right place to ask questions, first time threw 50 hrs, second time threw 80 hrs.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
my last fast completion of FF7 took me 32hours of gameplay >_> i got a few bonus things in that, and i killde emerald and ruby tho, so i could probably do it faster...
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
I think my fastest completion was something like 26 hours though I did more then just the basic stuff..not much more though:P
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

Hmmmmm, I dont really know, I think I may go play it and see how fast I can beat it. *Runs to room and plays FFVII*