Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 CoreMaths
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

Hi all,

I recently dug out my FF7 discs and started up a bid for a perfect game, last time i played it was on an old Windows 95 desktop (RIP); this time it is on a Dell latitude D600 with XP.

Imagine my agony when i encountered the Cosmo canyon hang! i've tried all the recommended things (changing the hardware acceleration fiddling with the resolution and the Truemotion drivers/settings, trying GYPD (or whatever it was called) to skip the FMV and finally putting all the videos onto the HDD and editing the registry). So i've come to the end of my tether.

Does anyone have another solution to try or have a working installation of FF7 and would be willing to get me through this annoying problem if i email them my save file or something? Failing that just some tails of your woe would ease my pain :)

I was really getting into this game again and it pains me to have to give up on it, crisis core is no substitute.

Will.

DreamersLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 DreamersLegacy
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts
I had the same problem, I quickly solved it by playing the game on epsxe emulator, which is perfectly OK if you own the game.
CoreMaths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CoreMaths
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts
Will that work on the PC edition of the game? I'll give it a go when i get back from work, thanks for the tip.
DreamersLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DreamersLegacy
oh wait! you have to convert the CD's into iso's, try MagicIso its the best imo
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
Have you tried JENOVA's mod ? It's a mod that was specifically designed to skip that part.
DreamersLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DreamersLegacy

Have you tried JENOVA's mod ? It's a mod that was specifically designed to skip that part.Gamer4Iife

oh, I totally forgot you could use mods, it actually might work.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

You're lucky enough to play your PC version up to Cosmo Canyon. I can't tolerate playing my FF7 PC and FFVIII PC versions with my widescreen LCD... The graphics/images are all stretched and it looks very ugly. :cry:

Btw, yeah. Try JENOVA mod. I've tried it when I'm not yet using LCD screed. ;) 

z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts

You're lucky enough to play your PC version up to Cosmo Canyon. I can't tolerate playing my FF7 PC and FFVIII PC versions with my widescreen LCD... The graphics/images are all stretched and it looks very ugly. :cry:

Btw, yeah. Try JENOVA mod. I've tried it when I'm not yet using LCD screed. ;)

Fantasy_Gamer
Try playing it windowed :P