squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 squalls_revival
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

I just read an article that says theses two games are actually connected, but there is thousands of years between them. Shinra from final fantasy 7 is named after shinra from ffx. Shinras relatives went into space and landed on gaia and then created the shinra corporation. This is confirmed by the games creators. Look at the similarities between the bevelle underground and midgar. There are also missions that show how Rin and shinra start to work together. With rins finances shinra is able to analyze the farplane and then generations after him are able to use the vegnagun to siphon the farplane and use the energy as a resource. This technology is then used on gaia to suck out the lifestream. MIND BLOWN

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

That is actually kind of interesting. I remember a few years ago someone here at FFE brought it up.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#3 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
WHAT??? I never thought of those two being connected in any way.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#4 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Wow, that's just... awesome.

I never would have thought that they'd link games together like that. I almost wonder if they'll release another game explaining the link in greater detail. There's got to be a stor there.

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I knew about the connection between the two but I never heard all those specifics on how everything happened. I just knew that Shinra in X-2 was supposedly the ancestor or creator of the Shinra group in VII. With some of the similarities just in how the farplane and live stream seeming similar I figured it wasn't too far of a stretch.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts
Hard to imagine a dork like Shinra from X-2 is the ancestor of someone as cool as Rufus Shinra. I wonder where Jenova came from. Does anyone know details of her origin aside from her being a alien out of nowhere trying to take over Gaia? 
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts
I think the connection is odd though. In FFVII space travel is something still being looked into. Or it was something being looked into until they were making more money off of mako. If the starters of Shinra came from Spira..they had to travel through space. Well...if they traveled through space that would mean they knew how to build something capable of such a feat. With that in mind why were Shinra hinging on Cid Highwind and his dinky spaceship to travel in space...to the moon.? It does not add up. Well actually the reason is probably that the connection was forged after FFVII and FFX had already been created so FFX was made without that in mind.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lightning__Evil
That's assuming that Spira and Gaia aren't one in the same. I looked at the possible progression or connection between the two as existing on the same planet and the name had simply been changed or called something different by the people in VIIs time from those in Xs. A difference in name across centuries and languages/cultures etc isn't much of a stretch, similar things can be taken from humanity's history.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts

Arent FF1 and FF3 connected too?!

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lightning__Evil
I have no idea, I still haven't played them, I only know their characters in Dissidia :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vegamineral

Now that I think about it I think all the FFs could be connected in some way.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lightning__Evil
Other than side games like Dissidia or Theatrhythm you mean, I don't know it seems feasible but it would take a lot of explaining and stretching of the possibilities in order to pull that off albeit different planets or time periods because some of the FFs really don't mesh with the others. When we start to get involved with different races or technology things can get a little dicey, true that might be explainable with different time periods or planets but even then there is a lack of connection between them.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vegamineral
All the FFs seem to as if they run on a time scale each game thats added as the biggest in numerical order seems to go further into the future as if each one jumps to a new time period.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lightning__Evil
Going into the future? I'd say maybe up through VII or VIII but then IX was a throwback, X was some how advanced but also not as much as say VII or VIII. Actually without a question VIII is the most advanced or futurish of the FFs, they go into space.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vegamineral
Hmm, maybe they could be going into the future but every thousand years or so have a technological collapse and fall back in technology and start over again.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lightning__Evil
That would be possible and kinda make more sense. So are the tect advances left over from the 1000 years ago in X from VII or VIII? :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vegamineral
Wow, that would make so much sense! In the year 167842 they renamed midgar, zanarkand! :P
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i have also heard that Red was an ancestor to Kimahri and his race the Ronzo's
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lightning__Evil
Or is Red a descendant? That would support the theories that VII is after X with the whole idea that Shinra from X-2 was either the creator or ancestor of the people who built Shinra Corp.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride
Or is Red a descendant? That would support the theories that VII is after X with the whole idea that Shinra from X-2 was either the creator or ancestor of the people who built Shinra Corp.Lightning__Evil
i heard my version, but that might have been wrong order. But i have heard they are both connected in a way, and that it's been confirmed somewhere. But it's a while i read it. So just take my word for it
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lightning__Evil
Same here, things heard long ago that no one remember the source of and only that these things were said ;)
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vegamineral
In my opinion (not saying that any of you or wrong) I'd imagine Khimari to be the descendant of Red XIII, but then again some of the things Shinra from X-2 said and did led me to believe that he was the start of the Shinra families true evil.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lightning__Evil
Yeah no worries, this is all hypothetical anyway. I guess that would make more sense that Khimari be descended from Red XIII. After all I would think it would be more likely that a race would evolve into an upright standing species than go from an upright standing species back to one thats on all fours. That makes sense that X would be post VII but then the whole thing with Shinra makes it seem the other way around. Its annoying :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vegamineral

Have any of you guys heard about the theory of FF and the Legend of Zelda being linked? Haha link, get it?

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lightning__Evil
I get it but please don't tell me there is an actual connection there. They are created by completely different companies and although being released originally around the same time I don't see why Square would link their almost final game to a game made by another company and if they were indeed linked I don't see why FF has been nearly Sony exclusive or atleast anti-Nintendo for the last 15+ years. I don't want them to be linked :cry:
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride
There isn't any connection, but i always thought FF7 was after X
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lightning__Evil
That kinda is a connection, it goes along with that Shinra in X-2 is the creator or ancestor of those who formed the Shinra Corporation in VII.