Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts

Kain Highwind IV 

Zack/Cloud/Tifa/Vincent VII (VII has a lot of good characters :P )

Squall/Rinoa VIII

Vivi/Zidane IX

Yuna/Rikku/Auron X/X-2

All playable characters except Snow and Sazh, mainly Lightning and Hope though XIII/XIII-2 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Tidus, Lightning and Auron are my favorites
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#5 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts
  1. Exdeath
  2. Sephiroth
  3. Cloud
  4. Jecht
  5. Auron
  6. Vincent
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride
Jecht is a cool character, but if you don't find all those spheres with Jecht, then he isn't really as deep as a character
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Hmm... Cloud, Auron, Zack, Tifa, Ramza Beoulve, and Beowulf (also tactics) 
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride
Cloud seems like a cool character
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lightning__Evil

Ehh, I only played a bit of VII, beat Crisis Core, and watched Advent Children so I haven't seen all of Cloud. He was all right but kinda out of it too. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

Ehh, I only played a bit of VII, beat Crisis Core, and watched Advent Children so I haven't seen all of Cloud. He was all right but kinda out of it too. 

Lightning__Evil

i only ever watched my buddies play FF VII, and i didn't really understand the whole universe back then, so i never got into it 

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JukedSolid
Cloud is complicated.  I don't really enjoy the way he's portrayed in Advent Children, but other than that I like his character.  He got a major rep for being an emo from that movie, but I always just percieved him as quiet.  Really quiet, but perceptive.  He's also one of the most tortured characters you will ever encounter from a mental standpoint.  
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

Cloud is complicated.  I don't really enjoy the way he's portrayed in Advent Children, but other than that I like his character.  He got a major rep for being an emo from that movie, but I always just percieved him as quiet.  Really quiet, but perceptive.  He's also one of the most tortured characters you will ever encounter from a mental standpoint.  JukedSolid

from what i have heard that's also true 

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JukedSolid
yup.  Lots of people have very different opinions about Cloud because people tend to personalize him more than other characters in various games.  It's a fun character to think about, but I can understand how it's hard for people to play FFVII for the first time this late in the game.  The colors man.  They hurt.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

yup.  Lots of people have very different opinions about Cloud because people tend to personalize him more than other characters in various games.  It's a fun character to think about, but I can understand how it's hard for people to play FFVII for the first time this late in the game.  The colors man.  They hurt.JukedSolid

it would be nice for a hd release though 

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lightning__Evil
I agree on both those points. Crisis Core although being centered around Zack it really revealed how complicated and confusing Cloud's past and mental state are throughout the series. Quiet and perceptive sound right as well, I think he should have shown a bit more warmth in the film though if you know what I mean. The other thing I agree with is the HD release. I've started VII 2 or 3 times within the past year or two and every time I don't get further than a few hours. Those colors are killer and an hd release would be nice. Square doesn't want to remake their suppossed greatest game or at least FF though and possibly tarnish its reputation. Personally though I say if the game is as great as people say than its one that deserves to be updated.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

I agree on both those points. Crisis Core although being centered around Zack it really revealed how complicated and confusing Cloud's past and mental state are throughout the series. Quiet and perceptive sound right as well, I think he should have shown a bit more warmth in the film though if you know what I mean. The other thing I agree with is the HD release. I've started VII 2 or 3 times within the past year or two and every time I don't get further than a few hours. Those colors are killer and an hd release would be nice. Square doesn't want to remake their suppossed greatest game or at least FF though and possibly tarnish its reputation. Personally though I say if the game is as great as people say than its one that deserves to be updated.Lightning__Evil

i mean how do you screw up the hd version, you just make it prettier, you don't take anything away from it, jeez 

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JukedSolid

Let's look at all the work it would take to remake it.

-Remake an entire world map.  In HD.  Now that I think about it, the world map travel aspect hasn't been used ever since games got a significant upgrade in graphics.  They could still do it though.  Just make the characters look less like puppets and try to make everything proportional.  

-Fix translations.  That one really isn't that hard.  They just need to do it.

-Graphics.  Everything else falls under graphics.  Leave combat mechanics alone (but maybe add an optional no encounters item) leave puzzles alone.  Just redo the cinematics with updated graphics and character designs.  

Overall, I just wanna play a FFVII where cloud isn't wearing purple pants the whole time.  lol.   

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lightning__Evil
Those points were what I meant. Since VII is two gens old and almost 3 gens now it pretty much needs to be remade. There isn't any code or data they can use or salvage from the original like most HD updates since its so old and its possible that when remaking it they would need to make some adjustments or make changes to update it that may or may not be well received. 
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JukedSolid
It would probably take as much work to make as an entirely new game would.  
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lightning__Evil
Exactly plus there could be some changes made either because of the developers or the new console requiring it.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride
They could use a little time to really polish graphics, but i don't really need super next gen graphics to be honest
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lightning__Evil
Well my favorites of XIII seem to be getting made over in LR. Hope is reverting back to being 14 for whatever reason while Lightning is playing dress up while being given a larger cup size and jiggle mechanics. Because that's what really matters in FF, jiggle mechanics, NO!