NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

With all the criticism it gets, who's actually visited Vana'diel?

StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 StalkingDeath
Member since 2006 • 14270 Posts

NeoGen85

Not really sure what that is:? But i havent played FFXl

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
Vana'diel is the world in FFXI. and i havent played FFXI yet though i have seen people play it here in our place and it looks great.
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StalkingDeath
Well then im sure i havent visited Vana'diel. Are there any babes there:lol::P
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Orasion_Seiz

Well then im sure i havent visited Vana'diel. Are there any babes there:lol::PStalkingDeath

well its an online rpg so yeah probably there are some babes there...

StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StalkingDeath
Alright *searches for network adapter*
So have u played FFXl
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Orasion_Seiz
just as i said i havent played only saw some people played it. i really wish i could visit Vana'Diel its an amazing world.
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StalkingDeath
Too bad that FFXl got a rating of only 6 :(
thorpe1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 thorpe1988
Member since 2004 • 899 Posts
I've played FFXI, it's quite good to start, maybe I played it too long, got about 2000 hours on it, although compared to others that played its nothing lol. I had a Lv.69 PLD as my highest job.

The game is about 2% story which isn't even a very good/long one, the main story is about this Shadow Lord fella that is getting resurected, you have to stop it but then you end up fighting him and killing him... What a story aye, especially when you can just get high level characters to help you through them all if you're not quite a high enough level to take the mission. True with the others quests and missions.

There are all sorts of quests but they don't really get you into the game as much as previous FF games. Most of the game your leveling up, although you may find it difficult depending on your job, you will also want good equipment, which takes alot out of your time getting the gil for it or killing the monster until you get the item. Also you are bound to find complete morons in the game, which will cause you a problem.

There is also a hell of alot to learn in FFXI, and the game doesn't teach you at all, luckily I was quite quick at learning what the was to know about FFXI and would say that I know most things, although I will still find things I'm uncertain of. You have to have a good set of macros for use, because thats all you will do in fights press your macros over and over and over again, you can spend hours upon hours just fighting, and if you have a bad party you'll be wasting your time, especially with experience lose when you die and the fact it takes hours to level up anyway.

You basically have to know your character inside out, more so on higher levels, you need to know your equipment, your magic, skillchains, magic bursts, and you've got to be quick, no-one wants a White Mage that takes 3 seconds pressing his cure macro (or just casting cure) on your Paladin thats just taken 500 points of damage, or a Red Mage that doesn't keep buff and debuff spells in effect constantly.

Anyway, I can't be bothered to type any more, nothing's coming to my head at the moment but do feel free to ask any questions.

Edit: Forgot to say one thing, its $12.95 a month after buying the game and its 3 expansions which is about the price of a normal PC game (dunno about consoles). Whether to actually get it or not is another question because its money vs its value. Personally I'd say if you were the type of person to have maxed and customised your sphere grid in FFX then you would want this because thats basically all you'll be doing in this, getting the best equipment for your job to raise to Lv.75 (which is the cap). Its such a battle related (and waiting for a party, unless your a beastmaster; even though that job is just as long/hard) game that most of you won't want to be interested especially with its quite high monthly cost, basically the story and quests aren't worth your $12.95, also because of limited item space you may want to invest in "mule" characters (characters you just use to store items) that cost $1 a month additional, although I managed to never need one. There is also the whole synthesis side of the game, but if you know anything about crafting in games you should know, there is alot you can make (although I'd say, unless you're rich its a pain and takes a long time because you have to sell your stuff (unless you're rich) and you can only have 7 things on the auction house at once (that's where mule characters come in)).
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NeoGen85

HAHA, he is kind of right. But like I said before..regardless of the importance to know your character extremely well, the traveling, the constant battling, running into a few morons, etc, etc, etc. That is the problem in all MMORPGs, it just depends if it's executed well. Not to mention it's a genre that you'll either like or you won't. If you are surrounded with good people, almost instantly you might fall in love with a MMORPG. Even so, Final Fantasy XI has a lot to offer, but everyone get's something different out of it. And that is coming from someone who is playing World of Warcraft.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I only know one person who plays it, everyone else I know either never played it, or stopped playing.
The1andOnlyMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The1andOnlyMG
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
well as you know I havent played it, yet I criticize it all the time but I have my reasons which I've stated, to me if you love MMORPGs and dont mind the fees I'm sure it kicks ass, but its not my thing
DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
I've never played XI. :(
MeteorDrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MeteorDrive
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
I wanna play it... *sigh*
minordprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 minordprincess
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts

I would like to try it out, but i'm a poor poor man.  :(

StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StalkingDeath

I would like to try it out, but i'm a poor poor man.  :(

minordprincess

Aww that sucks. Thats the worst predicament man :(

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NeoGen85

Shoot; if FFXI used pre-paid cards, I'd allow one of you to try it.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
^ That's why Ragnarok Online became very succesful here in the Philippines.
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StalkingDeath
Pre-paid internet cards?? Thats somethi new !!
dareheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dareheaven
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts

NeoGen85

i havent, just dont wana pay to play for a game that i already paid for

ChaosMinotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChaosMinotaur
Member since 2005 • 553 Posts
I used to play it, but I quit.. It just gets repetitive, fight after fight after fight. Doing the same thing every fight.. wasting hours of your day to level up on to die later because of idiots. Not to mention all the gilsellers so you can't get any good items. As I was a DRG, before they updated them - don't know about now though, I never got any invites at all to parties so sat around or tried to make parties myself. FFXI is alright to start with, but will get VERY boring. I don't know how people have managed to get all jobs to 75
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StalkingDeath
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

dareheaven

Umm why do ya have to do that?? I dont get it.

thorpe1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thorpe1988
Member since 2004 • 899 Posts
[QUOTE="dareheaven"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

StalkingDeath

Umm why do ya have to do that?? I dont get it.

You buy the game at your usual game retailer for the price of any other game (even with the 3 expansion packs). Then when you install it and activate your account, put in your credit card details etc for monthly subscription fees.  You then get 30 days to play the game without paying a monthly subscription fee, after that you're charged on the first of every month for $12.95 (although for the first month that your free days run out the charge varies depending on how many days you have to pay to play), you always pay for your previous month.
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StalkingDeath
Whoa thats pretty complicated stuff :(