User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

The FFE Council Of Regulars (CORE):

jimbo_mog
robbristow
KnowledgeOrCred
soulreaper187

So far, only four members has confirmed that they are willing to take the job. I'm still in need of three more, but the current number is sufficient enough.

What's theĀ job of the CORE?

The council will serve as an advisory group. In this way, I will know the sentiments of our members.Ā You'll have to be very objective in making your decisions in particluar matters like changing our rules and the hard job ofĀ evaluating officer performance and recommending their demotion if needed.

You'll have a big impact on my decisions if you will be able to convince me well with your decisions as a council. The council members will be chosen not based on their skills, but on their love and loyalty for the union. If you really love this union, you'll think for the best of FFE, and decide for the improvement of our humble site.

THREAD FOR CORE MEMBERS ONLY!
(Officers and Members may post only if requested by the Council.)

Suggestions, Comments & Questions:

If you have a suggestion, please DO NOT post it here, unless requested by the CORE members. Please refer to this thread.

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jimbo_mog
Member since 2005 • 1171 Posts

ok core peeps!

1st officer we are evaluating is RedNexus i asked him to give me a small bit of info on what he does for the union.

here is what he said.

My role in the union is as an occasional poster and creator of union art and tags,Ā I am a regularĀ online at average once aĀ day. I'm always open to new projects andĀ I am constantly improving in my knowledge of PS,Ā but lack of time usually meansĀ that it takes a while for me toĀ finish whatĀ I start. I am a great fanĀ of final fantasy and pride myself in my knowledge of the game.Ā I like to be in the know and get annoyed with myself ifĀ I encounter somethingĀ I should know and don't.Ā 

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#3 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
well he makes quite alot of good contributions, mainly tags, posting wise he doesn't post as much as some of the officers, but that's no surprise, we all time limitations of some fform...
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chirag6
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
He's not very active but he can post a lotĀ when he is on. I think he is doing a very good job as an officer. No need for a demotion in thisĀ case.
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimbo_mog
well 3 out of 5 is sufficent to keep him as an officer, but theres nothing he neglects in FFE shucks to him lets hope he conitnues his loyalty and dedication to the union
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
ok then whos next...
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jimbo_mog
dont know... can someone else pick this time i felt mean just randomly piking poor Red as i belive hes always been good to this union, just felt we had to pick someone...
perhaps we should get some Criteria questions wed like the officers to be able to answer?
eg

Genral Contributions?
Loyalty?
Posting?
Other?
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
well contributions and posting for the most part we know just by monitoring them really...
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chirag6
I vote Maa for next evaluation. We will allow him to post what he does for this union in this topic.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
i find he posts a fair bit and in general tends to keep things in order...he makes a great mod imo...
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts

I vote Maa for next evaluation. We will allow him to post what he does for this union in this topic. Chirag6

Alrighty then.

I'm maa4208 (or Mike or maa) and I have been an officer since March 23, 2006. I make things for the union, mainly banners. I also moderate the board well. I do not allow spam. I close down OT threads. I also run the union tracker and keep track of the stats for the union, posting them when they are available. In general, I can have a good time posting, as long as it's w/in the rules. I post in topics where I feel my opinion is needed, not where I want it to be. I hope thats good enough for all of you....:)

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimbo_mog
ive seen evidance of maas work all over FFe hes more than competent in my eyes
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
ive seen evidance of maas work all over FFe hes more than competent in my eyes jimbo_mog
i agree there...maybe we should evaluate 1 of the officers that dnt do quite so much, lol
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chirag6

Maa is one of the best or maybe even the best officer even though I don't get along with im sometimes.

Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chirag6

Next for evaluation can be The1andOnlyMG. He is allowed to post what he does now.

The1andOnlyMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The1andOnlyMG
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts

Next for evaluation can be The1andOnlyMG. He is allowed to post what he does now.

Chirag6
well obviously my list isnt quite as good as Maa's but oh well here goes....despite working over 96 hours each week I still manage to show up almostĀ every day and try to keep activity going on the boards during the "dead" times, although I try to help moderate the boards usually by the time I get on things have been taken care of by other mods, I am also sort of considered a co-leader and at times help FG with certain excecutive decisions and such.Ā 
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jimbo_mog
Core peeps the 1 and only mg is by decree of FG unnessacry to evaluate ( pardon my terible spelling atm my cat is clawing my groin OUCH!)
reason for is he is the Founder of FFE
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fantasy_Gamer

Mark holds his position by reason of honorary title... I hope you'll understand that.

Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chirag6
That's okay then. How about natiko instead?
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jimbo_mog
hes also above council assesment,
i'll find the next VICTOM! now jk about the victom thing :D all round peeps
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jimbo_mog
Antsnail

Followed by
Ā 
Jumbo

feel free Antsnail to post your duties and Contrabituions to FFE in this Thread.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fantasy_Gamer
Antsnail is on leave until the 20th. I think he is taking some hard exams now.
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jimbo_mog
Jumbo will be 1st then! _ CANCELL THAT HES SUSPENDED?_
Orasion_Seiz will be the person the council.

on a diffrent note what does the other council members think of having more threads to do with Non FF affiliated games?
eg radita stories Grandia ect?
this could widen our appeal as a union? more members more posting opportunities!
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#24 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

Jumbo will be 1st then! _ CANCELL THAT HES SUSPENDED?_

on a diffrent note what does the other council members think of having more threads to do with Non FF affiliated games?
this could widen our appeal as a union? more members more posting opportunities!
jimbo_mog

Well you guys can just call me Zai or Anthony. Ive been an officer here for few months now. I have also a busy working schedule but i stop by here duringĀ lunch breaks orĀ after working hours. Also i post some updates on the homepage whenever i had the time. I usually dont post around that much but im always lurkingĀ around here if there are any troubles i'll take the first action.Ā On the different note i think having more non FF threads could make the union even more better since it will have more discussions especially on rpg games. But i'll leave that to our leader of course :)

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimbo_mog
Thanx Zai,
well council peeps what do we think? im currently looking through his posts and activities Looks good!
antsnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 antsnail
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts

Antsnail

Followed by
Ā 
Jumbo

feel free Antsnail to post your duties and Contrabituions to FFE in this Thread.
jimbo_mog

I have to admit that even though I'm a big fan of FF, some of the peeps here obviously made my interpertation of big seems microscopic enough that I stand corrected- i'm a microscopic fan of FF.:cry:

My history with this union is not really that long that I feel really small to bask in praises for my contributions here. Special thanks to FG for noticing the little talent in me in the 1st place. If before I'm just another guy looking for tips and checking out updates on games here, now I'm an officer in the best FF union ever in my oppinion. I gained a lot with each visit here and keeps coming back for me. As of now, I'm basically doing basic translation based on scans provided. Right now, I'm a little bit occupied with exams but I plan to do a more in-depth research with my work. I'm in Japan and getting first hand in news isn't much of a trouble for me. I'm currently still going through a lot of games magazines available in the market here to decide on the best two or three for my source of research. I'm learning how to create banners and stuffs and hope to equip myself with the skill by July this year. I leave my PC online most of the time and visit this site at least 10 times per day to check out on the news etc. (each visit is only for 5-10 minutes if I'm not posting though)

Have to agree on the idea to include other games as well. FF should be the base and core foundation of our union and maybe we can create another section just for the other games. In my oppinion this is a good idea because I believe most of us play a lot of games with different genres.

Congratulations on making it to Level 18 guys!!

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jimbo_mog
thanx for that antsnail.
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chirag6
He's essential to the union. No need for a demotion.
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jimbo_mog
Agreed
to take a break from the Evaluations for a few days,
whats the opinninon on Threads that arent FF related.
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimbo_mog
I vote for a Thread of "about you" people can keep an online little bit ( or a big bit ) about themselves people can only post in it 1ce to avoid Spam?
would help for people to get to know eachother a little better!
Avatar image for KnowledgeOrCred
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 KnowledgeOrCred
Member since 2005 • 7852 Posts

apparently im nowĀ in the CORE as of today

so onto jimbo mogs suggestion, i think that that would be a great addition to the union. We are known not so much for our content (though we have a lot more than most)Ā but our responses, humour and friendlyness. (and going off topic) i see this addition as something to regulate off topic and give us something to say. in short we will get to know each other better

any more than one post will be deleted, all conversations will occur in the off topic thread

i propose no minimum is required

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
[QUOTE="jimbo_mog"] Jumbo will be 1st then! _ CANCELL THAT HES SUSPENDED?_

im back now:)
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KnowledgeOrCred
then i guess you say your bit..... what makes you a mod?
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jumbo120788
well im a charter member of this union, i have been here since the beggining. i have made banners,sigs, and have done my share of posting even though i really have never been much on it,.thats all i can really say about myself
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KnowledgeOrCred

thank you, i think that you have made a good officer in the past, and you still do

jimbo_mog

i think that this is a subject for much debate, but basically id say if its completely OT then it must be an official thread and restricted, much like the biography thread. However if it relates to other RPGs then it depends on what style RPG they are. If they are Japanese style RPGs with linear proggression then they can stand by themselves. However if they are RPGs such as WoW, MorrowindĀ or NWN then you must make a link to FFs, either comparing/contrasting, or throwing in ideas or aspects you desire to be implemented in SquareEnix rpg games

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jumbo120788

thank you, i think that you have made a good officer in the past, and you still do

[QUOTE="jimbo_mog"]
KnowledgeOrCred

i think that this is a subject for much debate, but basically id say if its completely OT then it must be an official thread and restricted, much like the biography thread. However if it relates to other RPGs then it depends on what style RPG they are. If they are Japanese style RPGs with linear proggression then they can stand by themselves. However if they are RPGs such as WoW, Morrowind or NWN then you must make a link to FFs, either comparing/contrasting, or throwing in ideas or aspects you desire to be implemented in SquareEnix rpg games

well said
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jimbo_mog
i see no reason for demotion when it comes to Jumbo.
this topic about more non FF affiliated threads still needs much debate and also will require Strict conditions!
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 maa4208

I know I probably shouldn't post in this thread because I'm not a CORE member, but I feel that this needs to be brought up.

If the FFE ever wants to be endorsed, then I say we get rid of the "OT on weekends" rule and amend the constitution, as seen here. Here are some highlights that I feel need to be changed:

"Off-topic posting is allowed in FFE."

"c) The rule against Off-Topic Posting is totally relaxed, subject to the limitations set in the OTR."

And the OTR:

THE
OFF-TOPIC RULES

OF THE

FINAL FANTASY EXPERIENCE

GAMESPOT UNION

Pursuant to Article II, Section 5 of the Constitution and Rule 2, Section 2 (a) of the RoB, I, Fantasy Gamer, FFE Administrator, hereby adopts and promulgates the following implementing rules regarding off-topic posting:

Rule 1. These rules shall be known and cited as the Off-Topic Rules (OTR).

Rule 2. Final Fantasy Experience is categorized as a Games - Fan Clubs and Role-playing >> General union. In this regard, FFE shall pursue a general policy of Final Fantasy and RPG-related discussion.

This only means that FFE shall support and endorse 100% all topics, threads and discussions made, which has something to do with Final Fantasy and RPG's, subject to the ToS.

Rule 3. Off-topic posts are allowed as a matter of mere privilege, not as a matter of right to the posters. In this regard, everyone is allowed to continue their off-topic discussions, but with certain limitations. The limitations are:

(a) Definition of terms (as far as FFE is concerned):

Off-topic - ANY topics/threads/discussions not related to Final Fantasy or RPG's.

Threads - a topic or a series of topics.

Weekends - Saturdays and Sundays

(b) General off-topic discussions (where you can talk everything under the sun) will be confined in a single general off-topic thread to be called "FFE General Off-topic Discussions". Other off-topic discussions will be closed or deleted.

(c) The above-stated thread can only be validly made by a duly authorized officer or member of this union, to be assigned by the union leader. All threads of similar nature will be automatically closed or deleted. For now, I'm designating storm1110 as the sole authorized creator of said thread.

(d) There will be an automatic suspension in the implementation of this OTR during weekends, subject to the TOS.

(e) Such suspension of the OTR will be automatically lifted at the start of the new week and all officers present are ordered to close all these off-topic threads.

(f). Closed off-topic threads may be re-opened upon petition of the topic creator or other posters at least 1 day before the next following weekend. The officers who will be assigned for the task of looking and re-opening a closed off-topic thread during weekends will be appointed by the union leader, preferably, from the ranks of the newly appointed officers.

Rule 4. Board Announcements, Rules, News, etc. made by the officers, whether on or off-topic, shall not be under the scope of this OTR, especially if it is stickied.

Rule 5. Amendments and revisions to these rules may be made anytime upon petition by any member, and after consulting the union officers (and members).

Rule 6. This RoB shall take upon posting at the message board.

(Sgd.) Fantasy Gamer

Administrator, Final Fantasy Experience

Fantasy_Gamer

Also, I think we need to update it in general, because some of the rules/info in it is outdated. Does anyone else feel this way?

KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KnowledgeOrCred

well firstly, we needed to resolve whether people can make appeals to the council in the first place. im all for it, i think appeals need to be done.

maa now that you have said your case, could you kindly wait for a decision?

off topic on weekend doesn't seem that big of a problem, plenty of unions do so that are high up there or endorsed. i think the problem with the rules is that we are not harsh enough on meaningless posts and are to harsh on off topic... if something has something interesting or worthwile to say, who cares if its off topic

ill try threads like this i started yesterday http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24719698&union_id=1260&page=0Ā here and they dont work... reason, not enough dedicated posters.

i do think we need to redo over the rules, but as for whos going to do it, we need to discuss

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 maa4208

well firstly, we needed to resolve whether people can make appeals to the council in the first place. im all for it, i think appeals need to be done.KnowledgeOrCred

Ā Ā  I know. Thats why I posted this. :P

maa now that you have said your case, could you kindly wait for a decision?KnowledgeOrCred
Ā  Sure thing. I know this probably won't be implemented, but it doesn't hurt to try. :D

off topic on weekend doesn't seem that big of a problem, plenty of unions do so that are high up there or endorsed. i think the problem with the rules is that we are not harsh enough on meaningless posts and are to harsh on off topic... if something has something interesting or worthwile to say, who cares if its off topicKnowledgeOrCred
Ā  I see your point, but I feel that we can have a much better chance if we eliminate the OT rule on the weekends. It's just my opinion.

ill try threads like this i started yesterday http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24719698&union_id=1260&page=0Ā here and they dont work... reason, not enough dedicated posters. KnowledgeOrCred
Just give them time. I'm sure they will be noticed. I think that is what this union needs: alot of topics that has good discussion. I'm not saying that we don't have topics that haveĀ good discussion, but more never hurt.

i do think we need to redo over the rules, but as for whos going to do it, we need to discuss KnowledgeOrCred

Well, just don't forget about the officers! :P

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jimbo_mog
Ok! Putting things to the council is off for a little while untill we in the council can decide on what we want to do about the issues we have at hand!
OT Threads
Updating Rules and Regulations

we of the council will look over these issues, and deliver our response when we are able to.
KnowledgeOrCred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KnowledgeOrCred
ive said what i think, im waiting for your responses.....
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chirag6
If you look at how many off-topic threads are created on the weekend then there aren't that many, so if we take away the off-topic on the weekends rule then it won't have as much of an impact as say creating topics about other japenese RPGs. That's my two cents
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jimbo_mog
the rules definatley need to be updated in regaurds to OffTopic subsuch's.
but in heinsight, making more OT threads will decrease Gamespot Endoursement. this is not good. it may highten activity.
this descision cant really be made by us id say we feild this one to debate with FG.
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jumbo120788
i dont see a problem with off topic disscussion its deffiently been taken care of
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fantasy_Gamer

I would like to make changes in the OTR.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
Just remember this. We pride ourselves on being a union where you can have fun. Through everything we've been through, the spam incident, the leaving of Mark, among many others, we've always retained that we are a fun union and at the same time bring our members professional news. It's this unique combination that I think makes our union. Trying to change the OTR could mess that up. Trying to mold us into beingĀ the "perfect" union and pushing us more towards the attitude of FFU will do nothing, but hurt us.
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jimbo_mog
the spam incident? before my time i spoze....
im reviewing my stance on OT related stuff atm.
kinda thinking what could we change? theres not a big problem with it as it is...
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fantasy_Gamer

TO THE CORE:

I just noticd that FFE officers are starting to post in your thread. The rules say that Officers and members are not allowed to post UNLESS requested by the CORE.

Just want to remind you that you are given authority to choose whom to allow to post at your thread. Feel free to control the flow of people posting in your thread, if you deem it necessary.

~FG

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jimbo_mog
thats true FG cheers for the reminder!
in regaurds to OT related stuff's, all that needs to be changed is people locking OT threads on the weekends!! i know theres time diffrences but still!!! what timezone should we go by?