Already breaking promises, no longer offline. Stay away.

leway21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leway21
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I know this might not piss everyone off but I bought this game for offline mode. Right before release they tell everyone that offline mode is no longer offline and never will be. So I attempted to get a refund and was hit with you've already downloaded the beta. How is making an offline game to online only not refundable. So what If I've downloaded the beta. I bought the game about three weeks ago and in that time period the game went from offline to online only.

I would just stay away from this game for a while because most of what this game offers are promises that they are already breaking.

I just found this thread it seems many people are upset and are running into the same trouble 650+ pages long.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58789&page=656

"I would have had no issue with the ethics of Frontier and David Braben if they had offered full refunds to anyone who wanted them after announcing that they were pulling offline support. But they didn't do that. They are nitpicking legal loopholes so they can keep their backers' money after kicking them to the curb. THAT is what is unethical and the source of the backlash."

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#2 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@leway21: I wonder what the die-hard apologists for this game would say. XD

Hermes33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Hermes33
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts

@leway21: Two things...

1) You say you can't play the game offline? Wait... so why buy into a Beta that obviously requires online access to download and participate in the Beta test phase? How did you play the Beta offline?

2) If you aren't happy then I'm sure you could still get a refund anyway, even if you did actually participate in the Beta phase (depends on how many hours of gameplay you already put in?) if not, then just tell Braben & Co that if they don't refund you in full, then you'll be contacting your credit card company for a chargeback refund and getting your money back that way. I'm sure they would rather refund you amicably and be done with it rather than have the credit card company on their backs? Ultimately, the credit card company should refund you no problem as you say you bought it recently (3 weeks).

Good luck! BTW, although I agree with you and I'd definitely like the option of an offline mode too, I don't mind if it's not in as yet. I've already been waiting too many years for Elite IV, I'm not waiting any more. Loving the Beta/Gamma game so far but they really do need to get the planetary landings in sooner rather than later or things might start to look a bit worrying... Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far though. If I were you I'd get connected to a proper ISP just to play it :)

Hermes33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hermes33
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts

@Gelugon_baat: Haha wow, you're still on Gamespot trolling around? I was going to say if you aren't interested in this game, then WTF are you wasting your time here for? But then I noticed it's YOU... haha! It's alright, I get it now :)

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@Hermes33:

... and what do you think you can achieve by making that remark?

Also, why are you still around? You went on and off, e.g. leaving circa December 2013, came back for a while at April 2014 and now you are back again?

Can't find a "credible" site that tells you what you want to hear, I suppose?

skippert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skippert
Member since 2013 • 972 Posts

Logged in today and was able to select solo play from the menu. Did not encounter human players in that mode. So you may require a internet connection to get into the game but the solo mode most definatly is single player... Whats going on.
Then again I dont get why people would make a big deal out of this. The game should be player in multiplayer. Its what makes the galaxy seem alive...